• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Prius

MIBSriLanka

Sure it can compete, doesn't mean it will win though. And obviously it _should_ have better comfort than your average Maruti Suzuki.

Clearly these "other cars" you have driven weren't very good ones in that case...

Compared cars:

Toyota Corolla 121

Nissan FB15

Nissan N16

Compared cars:

Toyota Corolla 121

Nissan FB15

Nissan N16

3 models that are all nearing or over a decade old does not make a comparison that allows you to say...

Wrong: Prius is not slow, it has better pickup and pulling power. Can compete with any other 1500cc engine normal car. I have driven a prius and it's pleasure to drive than other cars because it's quite, comfortable and better ride.

have you compared it to a 141, or a new Honda Civic for example?

3 models that are all nearing or over a decade old does not make a comparison that allows you to say...

have you compared it to a 141, or a new Honda Civic for example?

Prius comes only with auto(CVT) gearbox and I am quite sure 141 auto would find it difficult to keep up with a Prius 3rd generation. In fact according to car tests Prius is much faster than beloved Mazda Axela/3(1.5L) too (in a straight line)!!!

Of the ordinary 1.5L Japanese family sedan lineup only the Honda Civic can trump the Prius in terms of straight line speed.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Prius 3 Gen 2011, 2 weeks back, from my 1st drive from Hambantota to Colombo and in colombo up to now I cansay the ride is very comfortable. I have used small cars, Starlet (2years), Vitz (2 years) to sedan cars Vios (2 years), Belta (1.5 years). I can say Prius is the most comfortable and easy on handling of all. My Prius comes with 17" allows so the ride is more enjoyable. This is my experience so far :)

Dont fall for gossips and rumors .. Just ask from ppl who use .. ;o)

Edited by chams
  • Like 1

Prius comes only with auto(CVT) gearbox and I am quite sure 141 auto would find it difficult to keep up with a Prius 3rd generation. In fact according to car tests Prius is much faster than beloved Mazda Axela/3(1.5L) too (in a straight line)!!!

Of the ordinary 1.5L Japanese family sedan lineup only the Honda Civic can trump the Prius in terms of straight line speed.

Prius takes somewhere around 10 seconds to reach 60mph, a diesel Navara does the same. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Where as a Toyota Noah(the new one) does it in some 9 seconds

I got my Prius 3 Gen 2011, 2 weeks back, from my 1st drive from Hambantota to Colombo and in colombo up to now I cansay the ride is very comfortable. I have used small cars, Starlet (2years), Vitz (2 years) to sedan cars Vios (2 years), Belta (1.5 years). I can say Prius is the most comfortable and easy on handling of all. My Prius comes with 17" allows so the ride is more enjoyable. This is my experience so far :)

Dont fall for gossips and rumors .. Just ask from ppl who use .. ;o)

1 - Well, sorry to burst your bubble bro but the other cars you used arent exactly world renowned for comfort.. You can say that they are "better" than the other cars you owned but probably not "very comfortable"

2 - And just a FYI; having bigger rims (alloy or not) doesnt mean you're ride becomes more comfortable, in fact it becomes LESS comfortable because the profile (height) of the tyre becomes lesser and hence has less space to compress or expands when going over holes/bumps.

But hey, you enjoy it.. that's great! Have a good day and drive safe!

• Like 2

1 - Well, sorry to burst your bubble bro but the other cars you used arent exactly world renowned for comfort.. You can say that they are "better" than the other cars you owned but probably not "very comfortable"

2 - And just a FYI; having bigger rims (alloy or not) doesnt mean you're ride becomes more comfortable, in fact it becomes LESS comfortable because the profile (height) of the tyre becomes lesser and hence has less space to compress or expands when going over holes/bumps.

But hey, you enjoy it.. that's great! Have a good day and drive safe!

For your 1st Point, I shared my experienced based on the cars I used. Since I cannot comment on a conformability of a vehicle which I have not used.

Hence the comparison was based on the cars I used.

2nd Point, I agree with you. Low profile wheels will lead to less conformability. But they might improve the handling (as I heard).

No offence, just want to share my experience ..that’s all ..

3ZR-FAE

Wow the Allion A20 engine! That's pretty fast van then, but I think this van returns only about half the fuel efficiency of a Prius. Therefore I think Prius is still a good all-round choice (although it is 1.5 seconds slower to 100km/h than this Noah)

Wow the Allion A20 engine! That's pretty fast van then, but I think this van returns only about half the fuel efficiency of a Prius. Therefore I think Prius is still a good all-round choice (although it is 1.5 seconds slower to 100km/h than this Noah)

But the Noah must be far more comfortable than the Prius and the interior is far better

You're comparing a van to a car? Are you serious?

But the Noah must be far more comfortable than the Prius and the interior is far better

And you're defending the van in this retarded argument!?!?!?!

• Like 1

@watchman: bottom line is this, Prius is fast enough for most people in Sri Lanka. It is actually just as fast most Regular 1.5-1.6L class vehicles that most Sri Lankans drive(Axela, Axio, Allion, Premio). The specific Noah in question is pretty fast for a van in Sri Lanka. Bdw how fast is the vehicle that you own?

• Like 1

Oh dear... someone made fun of Isurujosh's peepee and now he wants to compare length and girth just to feel good about himself... ;)

What happened to that b4 you bought and was in a mighty rush to sell off?

@watchman: bottom line is this, Prius is fast enough for most people in Sri Lanka. It is actually just as fast most Regular 1.5-1.6L class vehicles that most Sri Lankans drive(Axela, Axio, Allion, Premio). The specific Noah in question is pretty fast for a van in Sri Lanka. Bdw how fast is the vehicle that you own?

Look, dumbass, you compared of a VAN against a CAR on the same metric and then say one is BETTER than the other. Do you even not realize how f$ing stupid you are not just as a car enthusiast but even a human being??????

And if you wanna drag in my vehicle into this, mine's a honda with a much smaller engine than both of these and I beat Noahs and Allions off the traffic lights in a single flash, and I still get about 28kmpl.. So then my Honda's better than your stupid Prius or noah or your mother-in-law's axio.

• Like 2

Look, dumbass, you compared of a VAN against a CAR on the same metric and then say one is BETTER than the other. Do you even not realize how f$ing stupid you are not just as a car enthusiast but even a human being??????

And if you wanna drag in my vehicle into this, mine's a honda with a much smaller engine than both of these and I beat Noahs and Allions off the traffic lights in a single flash, and I still get about 28kmpl.. So then my Honda's better than your stupid Prius or noah or your mother-in-law's axio.

WOW!!! Have you beat the Colombo Matara buses?

Edited by Shanjeev

Ok then you can try to beat my Allion in a single flash and get 28kmpl in the process. Accept the challenge if you're man enough!

Ok then you can try to beat my Allion in a single flash and get 28kmpl in the process. Accept the challenge if you're man enough!

:) You know, dude, you are such an idiot. You really need to know things about people before spouting off.

And despite your obvious pride in your ride, I doubt anyone else is impressed with your oh-so-common econobox. So stop with the posing and go away.

Hahahaha... didn't anyone tell you that watchman rides a motorbike? Or couldn't you figure that out when he said smaller engine and 28km/ltr?

This is what happens when your mouth is faster than your brain. So try some brain exercises :)

• Like 3

:) You know, dude, you are such an idiot. You really need to know things about people before spouting off.

And despite your obvious pride in your ride, I doubt anyone else is impressed with your oh-so-common econobox. So stop with the posing and go away.

I think the real idiot is the one who drags a motor-bike into a discussion concerning cars/vans.

• Like 1

you're the dude who was trying to sell Hybrids on the forum arent you? So excuse us for not believing the stuff you say whole-heartedly tongue.gif

Yep.. thats the guy.. :D so desperate to sell Hybrids... :sport-smiley-004: