• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I loved to buy a Chery QQ because of beauty and it had full options

It became a nightmare for me finally

I paid 930, 000/= for the following car in Jan 2011 - KG-14XX milage 10000km (3 year old) 2008 make excellent condition (no accidents), except for the radio which was not working and there was a small crack on dash board part to which the ac control switches are attached.

First day it self it ran 8km/liter with ac on

next day I parked the car under direct sun light and came to get it around noon and i found that the crack had widen and the ac switch is no longer properly attached to the dash board

Amazing DPMC told me to replace the part of the dash board and whole lot of ac control switches in one piece Rs 4,000 and 12,000 respectively for parts and they charged me well over Rs 3000 for services (30 min job extended to 2-3 hours)

that was not the end I told them about the radio casset - they said that they do not repair the radio so I have to fixed a new one from them for Rs 30,000/=. gave up the idea removed the original and fixed a sd card player for Rs 3000/=.

Next AC switch (on off push button) stuck in off position(it was only one month old) I used the old replaced switch set's one saving another 1500/=

Next door handle broke down two times during my 8 months of use of the car handle cost me 3000/=

Next left front door lock cost me 6000/=

Next there was an abnormal noise from front wheel, DPMC approved servicemen inspected and told me that the pin of the breaking system of one wheel is worn out, but he told me whole unit need to be replaced at a cost Rs 16,000/= I gave up repairing it as he said it is not a big problem to run with it except the noise. the car was still running less that 8km/l in town with ac and the servicemen said it is the normal value for Chery. of course it can run 16km/l without ac long running. DPMC is trying to get its all the profits over the Poor deceived chery owners . Think 100 times before buying a Chery!! If any boy interested I have all the repair receipts.

• Like 1

I paid 930, 000/= for the following car in Jan 2011 - KG-14XX milage 10000km (3 year old) 2008 make excellent condition (no accidents), except for the radio which was not working and there was a small crack on dash board part to which the ac control switches are attached.

next day I parked the car under direct sun light and came to get it around noon and i found that the crack had widen and the ac switch is no longer properly attached to the dash board

Amazing DPMC told me to replace the part of the dash board and whole lot of ac control switches in one piece Rs 4,000 and 12,000 respectively for parts and they charged me well over Rs 3000 for services (30 min job extended to 2-3 hours)

that was not the end I told them about the radio casset - they said that they do not repair the radio so I have to fixed a new one from them for Rs 30,000/=. gave up the idea removed the original and fixed a sd card player for Rs 3000/=.

Next AC switch (on off push button) stuck in off position(it was only one month old) I used the old replaced switch set's one saving another 1500/=

Next door handle broke down two times during my 8 months of use of the car handle cost me 3000/=

Next there was an abnormal noise from front wheel, DPMC approved servicemen inspected and told me that the pin of the breaking system of one wheel is worn out, but he told me whole unit need to be replaced at a cost Rs 16,000/= I gave up repairing it as he said it is not a big problem to run with it except the noise. the car was still running less that 8km/l in town with ac and the servicemen said it is the normal value for Chery. of course it can run 16km/l without ac long running. DPMC is trying to get its all the profits over the Poor deceived chery owners . Think 100 times before buying a Chery!! If any boy interested I have all the repair receipts.

Thanks for the post and my sympathies for all your problems.. It's too bad you didn't do a little more research before buying the car as it has already been well established that the Chery QQ is a terrible vehicle that should be avoided.

Morale of the story: do your research before you purchase.

Also if you actually bought the damned thing for this reason..

I loved to buy a Chery QQ because of beauty

Then brother, you need to get your prescription checked!

don't buy cherry qq. indian ALTO is better than this. sorry don't have time to explain

Your options as per my view point

01. Keep using it (with/without repairs the condition will get bad sooner or later)

Or

02. Sell it to another person like you at a decent price

Edited by MIL
  • Like 1

I paid 930, 000/= for the following car in Jan 2011 - KG-14XX milage 10000km (3 year old) 2008 make

A car that had run just 10000km in 3 years? That would have been the first indication of something dodgy!

don't buy cherry qq. indian ALTO is better than this. sorry don't have time to explain

Then don't bother posting and come back when you err, have time to explain. Even WITH explanations your opinions are usually idiotic so why would anyone accept them without an explanation?

Micro trend also same like this. don't buy

And there he goes again.... I thought you were in a big hurry of some sort?

So how exactly can you be so sure? have you used a trend? or are you just talking out of your rectal opening as usual?

Edited by Supra_Natural

yes my brother has one. bought for his permit.

In that case, you should be able to enlighten the forum on why you say it's a bad car right? Go on, try to establish some credibility for yourself....

On a side note, someone got a Permit and they bought a Trend? sigh.....

In that case, you should be able to enlighten the forum on why you say it's a bad car right? Go on, try to establish some credibility for yourself....

On a side note, someone got a Permit and they bought a Trend? sigh.....

a whole new level that. few years back I saw a maruti on permit. thought that was the rock bottom level :)

• Like 1

sorry dude for your car.

being there when i bought my first car without much inspection.

learn your lesson from this.

but. SERIOUSLY.. i really have to ask.. SERIOUSLY? BEAUTY???? from what angle?

And Nilantha. are you seriously retarded?

Alto is a better car?

ever used an alto before? that thing is made out of recycled willy-bins -.-

Edited by Schiffer

sorry dude for your car.

being there when i bought my first car without much inspection.

learn your lesson from this.

but. SERIOUSLY.. i really have to ask.. SERIOUSLY? BEAUTY???? from what angle?

And Nilantha. are you seriously retarded?

Alto is a better car?

ever used an alto before? that thing is made out of recycled willy-bins -.-

never used Alto. but my friend have one. no major issues.

Alto is a better car? better than Micro trend and Cherry QQ

• Like 1

lesser of two evils definitely. I've driven and used a friends alto and let me clarify loudly and clearly: it is absolute horse-crap!! KF plates and the clutch cable rusted through and snapped. heights of reliability, that!!

• Like 2

yup you are retarded.

we have owned an alto back in 2008, it is ABSOLUTE CRAP.

there is less space inside, the seats are rock hard, the plastic is the same as Chevy QQ.

a door didnt properly shut after few months.

the winders became hard to turn after few months..

before you come to any conclustion, Do use it and give your opinion about it

"Beauty" In fact I was talking about the cost and the appearance if you compare paint work of a Maruti / Alto and Chery definitely it is Chery that has the best paint work. I did a lot of research about this car before purchasing it. I search the Internet looking for fuel consumption and everyone says it does around 18km/L (long distances) that figure never came to me. I always write down amount of fuel and the amount of km s run and my figures are probably correct to the last 100 meters. Then I went to the DPMC servicemen to look for the poor fuel consumption they reluctantly told me that is the town figure with the AC on. Previously I had a Maruti 800 and it never came below 11km/L with ac even in traffic.

Anyway I have sold the car. (it is not a loss to the new user as soon as the transaction was done car tax was increased) but he new buyer also foun that the front wheel bush need to be replaced. I Just Want to enlighten the general public about this car as still new cars are coming into the Sri Lanka market fooling poor people who look for an economical car for the money they have.

• Like 1