• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A-Pillar Disturbs Visibility When Cornering

Uditha88

Hi all,

How many of you have noticed/ suffer from that car's A-Pillar blocks your visibility when taking corners?

Drove few cars including 121, & felt that & it was a pain.

Think that well designed cars, specially sport cars never do this.

Put any other models you experienced with the issue.

This is what I refer for your reference.

78390573.gif

Hi all,

How many of you have noticed/ suffer from that car's A-Pillar blocks your visibility when taking corners?

Drove few cars including 121, & felt that & it was a pain.

Think that well designed cars, specially sport cars never do this.

This is what I refer for your reference.

Did it ever occur to you that you might be having your seat in the wrong position?

I dont think you can avoid it no matter how well-designed the car is. Whatever angle the pillar is at or whatever the position is, there is always part of the road that's obstructed by the pillar.

You just have to get used to it and adapt yourself to it.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 3

I believe A pillar visibility is an issue for any car if the radius of the turn is tight enough. However, some cars _are_ worse sorted than others. My Townace had a huge A pillar blind spot, and the Vios isn't much better really. The Suzuki SX4 hatch on the other hand is lovely; It has quarter windows aft of the steering wheel, perfectly countering the A pillar blind spot.

never felt this issue in same rural road which had lots of turns once driven a presea. I believe it's a short car. if the car roof height is more by the design, A-pillar tends to get more vertical which might disturbs the visibility.

Don't knw how far I'm correct....

Hi all,

I too share your views, and the worst I experienced was with the 2003 Mercedes Benz C200 Kompressor H/B. It had a chunk of an "A" pillar having a very wide blind spot around corners , and the least I experienced it was with the 1996 Maruti 800!!! :)

Just a fact - Defenders have very thin pillars and barely block the field, then again they have small windshields too...

well, it is a inevitable thing in a car.

if its a bother, the way around is buying those JEEP's where you can fold the front windshield

actually Volvo addressed this issue some years back with a semi glass A pillar

volvo-scc-04.jpg

Edited by Schiffer