• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Taxes Get Changed With Upcoming Budget

Aruna2002

Question

Dear Colliegues,

I am planning to buy new vehicle after selling my current vehicle. I heard from one of my friend that taxes may reduced with upcoming budget. so if you have any idea let me know. thanks.

'Aruna2002',

Already government had lost considerable amount of revenue from Motor car imports. With low imports.

Due to high cost of import duty there fore they might consider on the above subject.

So that every S L who can effort to own a vehicle will go in for new or used vehicle with reasonable cost.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yeah yeah it's true!!! I heard it from a 100% reliable source and I repeated this in another thread....My neighbour's friend's son's classmate's mom's sister is married to the brother of the head typist of the government press. He has been the one who typed the section about taxes being reduced in the budget.

• Like 5

come on friends...

Let's be polite...

Dear brother. None of us know what's exactly on our king's head.so nobody knows whether it'll go up or down.

And in addition to that.

I do understand your situation, i also was in same situation when i was buying my first car down the timeline. And you know what. , just few weeks after the purchase, the taxes went down.

So, listen friend, as we are living , we've to take risks some time. So it's all depends on the size of your pocket and your balls.

thanks for the advice chan5....

by the way i just want to say something for previous commented persons...if you don't want or don't know of something just ignore it. if you want to take fun go to some other web sites..i have put this forum to get some idea...not to listen your fu...ing ideas...

Edited by Aruna2002

by the way i just wanted to say something for previous commented persons...if you don't want or don't know of something just ignore it. if you want to take fun go to some other web sites..i have put this forum to get some idea...not to listen your fu...ing ideas...

aww.. dont get so upset baby....<<hug>> Why dont you believe me????

If you dont believe me I'll get my neighbor's friend's son's classmate's mom's sister's husband's brother to get a photocopy of what he printed. Happy? But you have to may me Rs.4.50 for the photocopy ok!!! Else I wont show you!

• Like 1

by the way i just want to say something for previous commented persons...if you don't want or don't know of something just ignore it. if you want to take fun go to some other web sites..i have put this forum to get some idea...not to listen your fu...ing ideas...

The trick in slamming somebody online lies in the articulation of your words... you my friend is a bloody in bred retarded Puttlam donkey. If you don't like what they wrote, follow your own dumbass advise and JUST IGNORE, Dumbass.

BTW, I heard the tax story too... :) It was from another friend of Watchman's... ;)

• Like 1

seriously?

come on friends...

Let's be polite...

Dear brother. None of us know what's exactly on our king's head.so nobody knows whether it'll go up or down.

And in addition to that.

I do understand your situation, i also was in same situation when i was buying my first car down the timeline. And you know what. , just few weeks after the purchase, the taxes went down.

So, listen friend, as we are living , we've to take risks some time. So it's all depends on the size of your pocket and your balls.

Chan5 the protector of the weak

Members,

First of all This topic is on Will Taxes Get Changed With Upcoming Budget. And it is related mainly to cost of Vehicles. I thought I will post under some times this post will be deleted as it is not related to the topic because I have got warning several times by the moderators not to go out of Topic.

What I post is under my opinion and experience about motor vehicle costs in our country

this is not a history lesson.

Buying a vehicle is not buying like Gold which will appreciate the value over the years.

S L FOR FEW DECADES WITH DIFFERENT GOVERNMENTS THE COSTS HAVE GONE UP AND DOWN DUE TO THE BUDGET DUTY CHANGES

There by the vehicle market appreciated and it is a little bit of advice to buy a vehicle as for my knowledge.

When you want to buy a vehicle, it is important to realize buying a car is not an investment. It can vary according to the prevailing time of the S L Vehicle market.Other than a classic vehicle

Advantages of a New Car come with a warranty. Most new cars will have very few repairs in the first few years; another advantage is that the new cars will have the latest technology, which will mean that you may find cars with better Fuel mileage and lower emissions.

The biggest disadvantage of buying a new car is that you lose money on it as soon as you drive it off few hundred Kilometers because the vehicle becomes a used vehicle. New vehicle takes it biggest depreciation in the first two or three years.

This means that you are throwing away several thousand Rupees or few Lacks of Rupees that you will never be able to get back. Financially it does not make a lot of sense to buy a new car unless you have money you do not mind losing.

Advantages of a Used Car buying a used car is that you let someone else take the biggest depreciation hit on the car. You may be able to sell your car for nearly the same amount you paid for it in the next few years.

The biggest disadvantage of buying a used car is that it may not be as reliable or you may need to do more repairs on it. However, you do have the option of buying a certified used car through several different Vehicle importing companies.

As technology has improved cars have become more reliable and many models do not need repairs until they are well over 150,000 Kilometers with recommended regular service and close to ten years of home use.

This means that you can buy a Vehicle that is three years old and sell it in five years and you may not need to do any major repairs on it. Plus, you can sell it for a price very close to what you bought it for. You may want to set aside a little bit of money each month to cover any car repairs that come up.

Every Vehicle owner will need to decide for themselves what the best option is. No matter what you decide you should either pay cash or make sure that you can afford the car. A good rule of thumb is that you should be able to pay the car off completely in a three year time period. If you cannot afford the payments at this rate, you most likely cannot afford the car. You should also do your research and make sure that the model you choose has good reviews and is reliable. If you know nothing about vehicles, then you should have to consult a person who has a good all around knowledge of Vehicles.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

This thread is worthless to begin with so no harm letting him have his history lesson.

Advantages of a New Car come with a warranty. Most new cars will have very few repairs in the first few years; another advantage is that the new cars will have the latest technology, which will mean that you may find cars with better Fuel mileage and lower emissions.

But didnt you have to do a lot of repairs because your brand new Channa van kept breaking down within the "first few years".. Then didnt you sell it off to some unsuspecting soul and buy a different van? So based on your experience and your advice, doesnt it make you a hypocrite? (hope that word was taught in the queen's english tuition class)

If you know nothing about vehicles, then you should have to consult a person who has a good all around knowledge of Vehicles.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So effectively someone who is NOT you, right? ;)

Go ahead, report me.. Get the mods to spank me (like you always do)..

If you have a problem with the way things work here, you can take your own advice and go to "some other web sites"... may I suggest Elakiri? You'll probably find a sympathetic ear from the "machanla" who will probably say "maxxa" or "fatta" or whatever to your thread.

Over here on AL we have no soothsayers, we have no fortune tellers or Gurunnanses or any such thing. Ergo we cannot predict what will happen with the taxes, if you've been following the government's vehicle tax policy over the past couple of years you will find that there clearly has been no policy other than pulling a tax figure out of their ass while granting concessions to those they choose. So its impossible to predict exactly what they will do next and anyone who tries to predict it is going to get ridiculed, as you have found out.

.i have put this forum to get some idea...not to listen your fu...ing ideas...

How do you get some, or indeed any idea if you don't listen to other people's ideas?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Good piece of information by Sylvi

The grape wine says there is a plan to reduce VAT on vehicles

If so how is this going to effect the 2nd hand vehicle market'

Will there be further reduction of permit vehicle costs

As of the current trend 2nd hand vehicles market rates have remarkably gone down

So your point ?

His point is that the thread is retarded for the reasons outlined above.. By extension the OP is also the same, as are the people who jump to his defense.

As of the current trend 2nd hand vehicles market rates have remarkably gone down

Do you people have reading problems? Seriously.... How difficult is it to understand "We have no idea, we will have to wait and see"?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Dude, like most of the people in this country, I have no idea if taxes will go up or down but only thing I remember is, when taxes were reduced last time, the prices of second hand vehicles didn't go down as much as people thought. Simply because owners didn't want to sell their vehicles and lose money. And I remember lot of members were lamenting and crying about it.

Oh no not this kakki again!

Supra can't we have a thread reviewed before its posted? At least to flag it? I've seen this done in other forums to stop spam and idiots.

I can help if its manpower you need. This sort of drivel dilutes the quality of Autolanka

Unfortunately not machan, that would make AL a wee bit too draconian. The guy is entitled to ask the question.

I dont know if its just me. But i think your a pompous j***a$$

You ? yes indeed.it shows.

Here:.. listen mr brainiac ..

It seems somebody having serious "MANUFACTURING DEFECT ".which cannot be easily rectified.

Not our fault if you don't like our ideas ne? I mean you _did_ ask for them.

• Like 1