• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Strada,hilux,nissan.. What Is The Best Choice?

CK2

34 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best?

• Mitsubishi Strada L200
    • Toyota Hilux LN106
    • Nissan D21
    • Other

If we are considering Mitsubishi L200 Strada (K-34), Toyota Hilux (LN 106) and Nissan D21 double cabs (Manu year 1990 - 1994), what would be the best choice?

Mainly i'm considering Maintenance Cost, Spare parts availability , Handling and comfortability.

My budget will be 19 - 22lks and i'm not considering about resale value. Also mostly welcome if there any suggestions as well.

thanks

If we are considering Mitsubishi L200 Strada (K-34), Toyota Hilux (LN 106) and Nissan D21 double cabs (Manu year 1990 - 1994), what would be the best choice?

Mainly i'm considering Maintenance Cost, Spare parts availability , Handling and comfortability.

My budget will be 19 - 22lks and i'm not considering about resale value. Also mostly welcome if there any suggestions as well.

thanks

The Hilux will be the best as far as durability and reliability are concerned. It will not be comfortable because it has leafs all round. If you can stretch to about 2.3 Million then you can get the LN107 Model which has torsion bar suspension up front and is much more comfortable. Otherwise the D21 will be the most comfortable and easiest to handle IMO

Not too sure about the Strada.

Not sure if a poll is the best way to decide on your next car..

Anyways I have a Strada 3 meter model.It is far more comfortable than the Hiluxs of the same era but as Supra said the Nissan is even more comfy.However the Nissan dissapoints with it's engine for me.I feel it lacks the grunt of the other two.Overall the Toyotas are the best all around with the Strada close behind

• Like 2

strada - difficult to drive as the turning radius is large. spares ( body parts) are little difficult to find. with good resale value if in good condition

d21 - best availability of spares compared to other 2

106- with front leaf suspensions, little uncomfortable sometimes. spares are expensive but not that rare except the rear doors

Edited by priyanka
  • Like 1

A LN106 owner I know who's been using his since the early '90s says it's by far the best to go off roading in. He regularly drives to forested and marshy areas and has modded his Hilux appropriately. Of course, he maybe biased, but I believe him!

• Like 1

thanks for replies... as i expected best choice is Hilux. :rolleyes: .

i did some research about strada & hilux. what i was did is check last two months hitads& autolanka and compare prices, also last week went to see several vehicles 3strada & 2hilux.

this are the result

Hilux LN107 1991 59-**** :- hacked, body condition 75%, interior - bad :- 25.5lks

Hilux LN106 1990 54-**** : Good Condition, body condition good, interior :- bad :- 23lks

STRADA 1992 251-**** : Good condition, body condition 85%, interior :- acceptable quality :- 22.5lks

STRADA 1991 58.**** Very Good Condition, Body Condition good, interior good : 23.5lks

STRADA 1992 57-**** Very Good Condition, Body Condition good, interior very good : 24.5lks

:sad-smiley-050: all those stradas are in very good condtion comparing to hilux. anyway as i saw in hitad & autolanka i should able to buy a good strada within my price tag.

i did some research about strada & hilux. what i was did is check last two months hitads& autolanka and compare prices, also last week went to see several vehicles 3strada & 2hilux.

this are the result

Hilux LN107 1991 59-**** :- hacked, body condition 75%, interior - bad :- 25.5lks

Hilux LN106 1990 54-**** : Good Condition, body condition good, interior :- bad :- 23lks

STRADA 1992 251-**** : Good condition, body condition 85%, interior :- acceptable quality :- 22.5lks

STRADA 1991 58.**** Very Good Condition, Body Condition good, interior good : 23.5lks

STRADA 1992 57-**** Very Good Condition, Body Condition good, interior very good : 24.5lks

:sad-smiley-050: all those stradas are in very good condtion comparing to hilux. anyway as i saw in hitad & autolanka i should able to buy a good strada within my price tag.

there s huge different between the asking price and the actual selling price........... go and look at few vehicles, you should be able to find a good one for a reasonable price

according to my knowledge there is a drop in pick up prices these days

what is difficult is to find a one with good condition and with clear papers

• Like 1

And why is that may I ask?

that i ve already explained............ better availability of spares, can go for a newer one compared to 106, for the same price.

with the strada as i mentioned, very difficult to turn (Example: to take a U turn), but otherwise ok

we have used13 cabs over the last 25 years (3 toyota, 3 nissan, 5 isuzu,2 mitsubishi)

we enjoyed all those cabs but the LN106 we had was little bit bumpy, and it was very difficult for my mother to get in to it, because of the height

we got best figures in fuel with isuzu 2WD and the recent hilux KUN25

I'm quite surprised it took this long for Isuzu to get mentioned on this thread. The 2.8 Turbos were pretty good vehicles. The 2.5 NAs had serious lack of power. Had 5 Isuzus in my family over the years myself, including the 2.5 NA double cab, and the 2.8T Rodeo double cab (the others were jeeps). Remember a blown turbo issue coming up once, but that pre-dated my interest in cars.

im biased more towards the D21 since i been using them from 2005 onwards and as MD had mentioned only prob is lack of grunt im run a 2.7 Non Turbo and i fell as sif its taking forever to go..but i think that problem was solved on the turbo version for the price bracket you have mentioned you can find a decent condition nissan a major concern you should have is if everything is in original condition...

• 3 weeks later...

this are the result

23 lks for a 1990 manufactured Hilux is bit too much I guess. I bought a 1996 (58-xxxx) one couple of months ago for 22.5. Actually owner was asking for 24.5 and managed to negotiate. It's in very good condition and running for couple of months without issues(Only one off road trip so far though). I'm very happy with the performance, but as others also mentioned it's bit bumpy since all 4 leaf springs. But I'm ok with it as there're no complains from Wife or Mom ;-)

~sanjaya

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Not sure if a poll is the best way to decide on your next car..

Anyways I have a Strada 3 meter model.It is far more comfortable than the Hiluxs of the same era but as Supra said the Nissan is even more comfy.However the Nissan dissapoints with it's engine for me.I feel it lacks the grunt of the other two.Overall the Toyotas are the best all around with the Strada close behind

I too can confirm that the Strada is much more comfortable than the LN106 and the export model D21 which has a stiffer suspension than the JDM equivalent. I have used all three models Not sure of the JDM D21. Enginewise I feel the Nissan engines are more durable than the others if correctly cared for. A Nissan which I had, had 250,000+kms and did not burn any oil when I sold it then. A cousin of mine has a Nissan (D21 89 model b/n imported) with 400,000+kms and still is not burning any oil. Marketability the Toyota would have the edge over the others specially in SL.

It's your call after all! :)

Edited by CJ5

I too can confirm that the Strada is much more comfortable than the LN106 and the export model D21 which has a stiffer suspension than the JDM equivalent. I have used all three models Not sure of the JDM D21. Enginewise I feel the Nissan engines are more durable than the others if correctly cared for. A Nissan which I had, had 250,000+kms and did not burn any oil when I sold it then. A cousin of mine has a Nissan (D21 89 model b/n imported) with 400,000+kms and still is not burning any oil. Marketability the Toyota would have the edge over the others specially in SL.

It's your call after all! :)

Why are you replying to a thread that is over 8 months old?

Why are you replying to a thread that is over 8 months old?

:speechless-smiley-004: Jeeez!! Didn't realise until now when I checked the dates!!! I saw the thread amongst the list if current discussions on the home page and made the posting! Wonder how it came on that list??????

SORRY!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Bringing back the thread. Is D21 turbo version rare in local market here? What would be the better choice between D21 turbo version and LN107 Hilux, in comparison of engine failures, and power?