• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

50 Rolls Royce Ghost's To Be Imported

malla

Yes it can be rolled down...the point was it doesn't matter if it is resistant or not if the window is going to be rolled down. the pics from Northern Ireland are a lot thicker than the ones from Aus....the amount of deflection and the bordering of the glass is a dead give away in the case of the glass being resistant :)

and I haven't yet seen glass that is actually 100% bullet proof (ie withstand multiple shots with a multiple range of guns) thus making them just another higher grade resistance glass..but then again I am not an expert at the varied transparent ballistic materials :) so it is just a comment...

Good points.

There was a much greater security threat towards her in Northern Ireland than Australia so it would seem a more heavily armored Range Rover was used in Northern Ireland.

and I haven't yet seen glass that is actually 100% bullet proof (ie withstand multiple shots with a multiple range of guns) thus making them just another higher grade resistance glass..but then again I am not an expert at the varied transparent ballistic materials :) so it is just a comment...

I have, They showed it on Discovery Turbo, some company in US trying to replicate the protection of the US presidential limo. That is estimated at 6 inch glass, so these guys, they tried testing their best 3 inch glass against a .50 cal Sniper rifle, (to see how good it is) and that glass took two hits that didn't break through.

And the .50cal takes a LOT of stopping.

I have, They showed it on Discovery Turbo, some company in US trying to replicate the protection of the US presidential limo. That is estimated at 6 inch glass, so these guys, they tried testing their best 3 inch glass against a .50 cal Sniper rifle, (to see how good it is) and that glass took two hits that didn't break through.

And the .50cal takes a LOT of stopping.

What I have had to go around in was close to 2 to 3 inches...and it had an interesting weave between some layers of glass. What we were "told" was that it could take a FEW rounds of an automatic assault weapon,a hand-gun and a rifle just enough for us to get away. Plus it could withstand a grenade and an indirect bomb explosion (think the latter was a coy way of saying if we get hit by a suicide bomber or something with a fair amount of explosives we are screwed). Thankfully we never got to test the claim :)...

that alone weighed a ton...so 6" has to weight quite a bit more I would reckon for a large car.

Edited by iRage

Afaik, all the bullet proof glasses can be shot through at a certain point varying depending on the technology used in production and the thickness of the glass.

For example : a 8mm blastproof glass used in buildings can be holed by shooting 6 times to exact same spot 6 times using a .75 sniper.

Edited by sachinwick

Afaik, all the bullet proof glasses can be shot through at a certain point varying depending on the technology used in production and the thickness of the glass.

For example : a 8mm blastproof glass used in buildings can be holed by shooting 6 times to exact same spot 6 times using a .75 sniper.

Yes, because shooting the same spot times with a sniper rifle is such an easy task. Even taking out variables such as movement of the car, time needed to chamber and fire six rounds, etc. etc., it would be virtually impossible to pump out six rounds before a target takes evasive action. Is there really any point in shooting at glass, yet not hitting a specific target?

Yes, because shooting the same spot times with a sniper rifle is such an easy task. Even taking out variables such as movement of the car, time needed to chamber and fire six rounds, etc. etc., it would be virtually impossible to pump out six rounds before a target takes evasive action. Is there really any point in shooting at glass, yet not hitting a specific target?

agreeing

What the heck is a .75 sniper rifle? Can't find it on Google outside of a game.

Generally, the Big Gun among snipers is the M107 .50 Cal. The magazine is 5 rounds. And each bullet is bigger then your average KoliKuttu. Guys who use that don't go around with bandoliers of bullets like Rambo coz the whole system is so heavy. And just 2 rounds from that thing almost went thru 3 inches of armoured glass, so I doubt 8mm would give it a pause.

So considering that, if there WAS a .75.... Something wrong with the math there.

What exactly is a .75 sniper?

Generally, the Big Gun among snipers is the M107 .50 Cal. The magazine is 5 rounds. And each bullet is bigger then your average KoliKuttu. Guys who use that don't go around with bandoliers of bullets like Rambo coz the whole system is so heavy. And just 2 rounds from that thing almost went thru 3 inches of armoured glass, so I doubt 8mm would give it a pause.

So considering that, if there WAS a .75.... Something wrong with the math there.

What exactly is a .75 sniper?

ok guys calm down.

im not sure about the exact thing as i never cared to check whthr 0.75 snipers existed.But as i remember when the glasses were advertised it said 0.75 cal.

may be what it says is anything upto 6 shots by a 0.75 is ressistable, for the future improvements of the weapons too :P

anyways i have nt been keen abt this :sad-smiley-067:

I use 4.5 in my air gun how can this be :D

That's 4.5 mm, this is 0.5 inches. I'm not kidding when I said its as large as a banana.

i've dug one out of a hip of an internally displaced girl in Mannar a month before the war ended. she was hit from very very far away so luckily nothing fractured. the bullet had cut through her gluteus maximus like a hot knife through butter, hit her hip bone, and somersaulted inside her butt-muscle. it was facing the way it came.

ortheopedic surgeon pulled rank on me and took it home as a souvenir. would've been a nice addition to my collection of bullets removed from patients at the time. sigh

• Like 2

i've dug one out of a hip of an internally displaced girl in Mannar a month before the war ended. she was hit from very very far away so luckily nothing fractured. the bullet had cut through her gluteus maximus like a hot knife through butter, hit her hip bone, and somersaulted inside her butt-muscle. it was facing the way it came.

ortheopedic surgeon pulled rank on me and took it home as a souvenir. would've been a nice addition to my collection of bullets removed from patients at the time. sigh

DAMN any permernant injury?

A .50? Must have been from a vehicle mounted weapon of some sort. I find it hard to believe a sniper taking pot shots at a IDP, however far away.

You wanna see the kind of damage a 50 can do to a human?

ok guys calm down.

im not sure about the exact thing as i never cared to check whthr 0.75 snipers existed.But as i remember when the glasses were advertised it said 0.75 cal.

may be what it says is anything upto 6 shots by a 0.75 is ressistable, for the future improvements of the weapons too :P

anyways i have nt been keen abt this :sad-smiley-067:

What you must be looking at are Armour Piercing Bullets. The old BMW is a B6 armoured. AFAIK the newer bullet proof cars come with B6+ which is very good but not safe against armour piercing rounds. B7 is the best but not put in to commercially built bulletproof vehicles due to the weight and size.

Does anyone know whether the second hand value of these cars is good? also, what about spare parts and fuel consumption?

Very good question :D

Second hand value 200%.

Spareparts can be found at any super market ( Laughs specially) .

Heard it does 12kmpl ( when towed while idling) :sport-smiley-004:

A .50? Must have been from a vehicle mounted weapon of some sort. I find it hard to believe a sniper taking pot shots at a IDP, however far away.

You wanna see the kind of damage a 50 can do to a human?

LMG. tripod mounted. they took a lot of pot shots at IDP's. and she wasn't sniped