• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Doctors Car Pass

DNP

Colors change every year in Kalubowila. But they all say "doctors car pass". It is:

1. A parking permit for hospitals

2. A permit to get to work in a hurry in an emergency.

It does not entitle anyone to break the law with it in any other way.

I'm not sure if the color changes, but the Lawyers ones are dated too, valid only for a year. Asiri Surgical car pass was blue.

Edited by Pericles

Members,

Red was early government hospital permanent doctors. With the doctors and hospital name.

Private hospitals permanent doctors have blue car pass. With the name of the doctor.

At present have seen number of colors.With a cross.

Medical representatives do have various colors.

Do any authority reserve colors.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

well I agree This pass shouldn't be abused for breaking the system of law. If you drive like a mad cow and tell the cop " see I'm a doc, lemme go" that just ruin the dignity of the profession ( there are lot of other ways of demolishing the dignity by our own guys, agreed ) and you are putting the cop also in a position in which he also can't help you ). The only traffic law i break intentionally is speeding as when I get the chance to go home or whatever outing outside colombo very rarely , I just can't spend time on road wasting time. If a cop stops me all I say is " I know the mistake I did, but did so for this reason" and finally tells that I'm a doc. Since I got my driving license 8 years back I haven't been charged for anything except once ( that of course unavoidable in late midnight driving a -dolphin- at 130kmph and you can't tell you are a doc ) by police. So even you are the lord of the country, modest attitude plays the game , nothing else.

Added to that I hate to go to a garage or any damn place related to auto repairs with my pass because garage buggers get the arrears of all the money they pay for their health issues whenever a doctor lands to his place ( not all places and not always, but mostly this happen ) attributing all money and wealth of the Private practise kings they see in the private hospitals to me :speechless-smiley-004:

One more thing.. now a days for an average doctor , even to show off the car pass, it is a herculean task to buy a reasonable car with the income they have :speechless-smiley-019:

• Like 1

Members,

There are Red and Blue crosses on vehicles.Can any member explain the meaning of two crosses.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Red was early government hospital permanent doctors. With the doctors and hospital name.

Private hospitals permanent doctors have blue car pass. With the name of the doctor.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So we now ask and answer our own questions is it?

Few years back on Kotte Road a car overtaking stopped traffic at very high speed knocked the car in front of me head on . It had a doctor's pass. The guy who got off clearly was not a doctor and and was a medical rep who started talking all aggro. The driver in the car which he knocked slapped him so hard that the bugger fell down and started crying. I was enjoying the show as clearly I could not go myself. I would have pumped him full of his own meds. ;)

Let the bugger die. Cops took him and the car. Hope they raped his ass.

• Like 2

Members,

My post #27 to this topic was informed to me by telephone. BY a family friend, in noble profession for long time.

Early he was in government service. Now in private practice. He is a motor vehicle fan. Using two high end cars.

He too read this forum never post to this forum. He has number of cars some are 40 years old.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So your telling me the guy who is very advanced with his audio shop on waidya road got the govt to issue him a strobe?

Aney here...

We all have eBay and a relative abroad mate. Or Aramex

True. This cannot be readily applicable in SL where even now people already have flashing lights in all sorts of vehicles. But I'm actually pointing to a fact. It's not a suggestion nor an opinion.

Edited by hrm

• 7 months later...

This Sticker "for sale" back in 2003 (Leading Sticker shop @ Gampaha), and you can pick (Red, Green or Blue) and some of the car dealers used this as a "+" point to sell the cars "Doctor used" and new owners also used to call this is a x Doctor owned car

Edited by john cooper

THats insane. Why would he do that?? How the hell are we gonna park at work? Do those idiots KNOW what the pass is ACTUALLY for?

Did you read the last part "වාහන හිමිකරුවන්ට අවවාද කොට නිදහස් කර ඇති බව වාර්තා වී වේ" joke ah?

I've even seen an SUV with red and white strobes behind the radiator grille. Like US cop vehicles.

Let me update. I saw a bloody Insight with these lights on driving like his ass was on fire near the Madiwela area. And a bloody lot of SUVs

Did you read the last part "වාහන හිමිකරුවන්ට අවවාද කොට නිදහස් කර ඇති බව වාර්තා වී වේ" joke ah?

Looks like a temporary thing until this whole ChewingGM funfair is over. IGP cannot invent a regulation on his own and issue a gazette notification, can he? What they apparently want is to remove V*P VVIP etc stickers from all the vehicles and limit it to genuine VIPs (questionable stand is n't it?).

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 1

Looks like a temporary thing until this whole ChewingGM funfair is over. IGP cannot invent a regulation on his own and issue a gazette notification, can he? What they apparently want is to remove V*P VVIP etc stickers from all the vehicles and limit it to genuine VIPs (questionable stand is n't it?).

When the so called VIPs are about as important as severe diarrhea in India, yes, questionable.

Members,

Doctors car pass and V*P sticker is miss used by mostly young lads. There are three brothers, once all three of them had Land Rover used vehicles. Two of them had crashed one is a total write off. Other was repaired and in use again.

One vehicle is used without front number plate fixed on the front buffer, it is inside the L/R vehicle, has a V*P sticker on that L/R vehicle.

The young lad who crashed his L/R vehicle which was write off, using a used car with he had bought from a doctors permit, after selling the doctor had not removed red cross sticker.

This is Sri Lanka most privileges are miss used by the vehicle owners.

Once they are requested to prove the authenticity, they contact high officer and get away with this offense.

What can law Law enforcement officers do to this offenders. When they are pressurized by higher officers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Let me update. I saw a bloody Insight with these lights on driving like his ass was on fire near the Madiwela area. And a bloody lot of SUVs

I have also noticed a lot of SUVs having this LEDs fixed behind the front grille. Once I saw one with two red and blue (big) lights on top of the dash boad facing toward the road and was bright as hell. Totally looked like the police from the rear view mirror and I pulled out and let them pass only to notice that it was some freak who was drving a prado. These people misuse and mislead the road users and drive like they own the road.

Members,

Doctors car pass and V*P sticker is miss used by mostly young lads. There are three brothers, once all three of them had Land Rover used vehicles. Two of them had crashed one is a total write off. Other was repaired and in use again.

One vehicle is used without front number plate fixed on the front buffer, it is inside the L/R vehicle, has a V*P sticker on that L/R vehicle.

The young lad who crashed his L/R vehicle which was write off, using a used car with he had bought from a doctors permit, after selling the doctor had not removed red cross sticker.

This is Sri Lanka most privileges are miss used by the vehicle owners.

Once they are requested to prove the authenticity, they contact high officer and get away with this offense.

What can law Law enforcement officers do to this offenders. When they are pressurized by higher officers.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Surely the answer then, Sylvia, is not to Harass those who actually need the pass?

Edited by Komisiripala