• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Single Carb

FreakSL

Searched for one 3y back and only able to find one with upul , malabe . (Worse than my one)

Then I decided to rebuild my one and thanks to my mechanic now its back to stock condition with functioning power valve, auto choke, etc. Whats wrong with your original one.? Im really familiar with D15B3 carb setup, so can help you if you need any details.

Agree with HC...i was also faced simillar situation onmy previous car. Couldnt find a better carb, so i decided to rebuild my carb.. wuts up wit ur current one?

mhh exactly dont know mechanic told me that , some parts are missing and one openning is closed , so the car power is very low, it become worst when A/C is switched on, hard to drive up hill with the A/c on. will it help with a repair kit ??

mhh exactly dont know mechanic told me that , some parts are missing and one openning is closed , so the car power is very low, it become worst when A/C is switched on, hard to drive up hill with the A/c on. will it help with a repair kit ??

A repair kit will help depending on the parts that are missing if they are actually missing. You do not get everything in a repair kit. For a mechanic the easiest way to explain a problem is to say that "some part are missing" and the easiest solution is to find a replacement of the whole thing. If it is some thing like a mechanical linkage that is missing then of course you may have to find a replacement carb. Didn't your mech told you what's missing? As H.C says it is always better to rebuild your existing one than trying to rebuild an unknown one. Is it possible to post a picture of the carb?

A repair kit will help depending on the parts that are missing if they are actually missing. You do not get everything in a repair kit. For a mechanic the easiest way to explain a problem is to say that "some part are missing" and the easiest solution is to find a replacement of the whole thing. If it is some thing like a mechanical linkage that is missing then of course you may have to find a replacement carb. Didn't your mech told you what's missing? As H.C says it is always better to rebuild your existing one than trying to rebuild an unknown one. Is it possible to post a picture of the carb?

I told the mech to clean it and fix it as it is so i can take it to someone else who can see it and fix it , can you guys suggest me a place ?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FreakSL" data-cid="236975" data-time="1365136119"><p>

I told the mech to clean it and fix it as it is so i can take it to someone else who can see it and fix it , can you guys suggest me a place ?</p></blockquote> As Rumesh mentioned post few pics of the carb with all the connections. I think Rumesh is a mechanical engineer and knows these carbs really well . I can recommend my mechanic ,who fixed my carb. but his garage is at Horana.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FreakSL" data-cid="236975" data-time="1365136119"><p>

I told the mech to clean it and fix it as it is so i can take it to someone else who can see it and fix it , can you guys suggest me a place ?</p></blockquote> As Rumesh mentioned post few pics of the carb with all the connections. I think Rumesh is a mechanical engineer and knows these carbs really well . I can recommend my mechanic ,who fixed my carb. but his garage is at Horana.

@FreakSL

My scope here is limited to helping someone to diagnose the problem and finding a solution. It is mostly helpful to those trying out their hands at DIY jobs but may not be for everyone. However, if H.C can recommend his mech in Horana it may be worth going the distance than handing over your carb to an unknown makabaas. D5 series carbs are masterpieces of Jap ingenuity but when it comes to maintaining them you've got to find mechanics of the matching caliber. If you can post some pics I would be able to identify the missing pieces if any. More often than not what most mechanics do is to make the engine to tick over somehow and disconnect or block the thing that they do not understand.

yes mine auto choke doesntwork after repairing A/C....also when i switched on ac car gets vibrate....will it resolve by doingrepair my car..thts mean do i need carb repair kit????

Seems this is related to the idle up circuit. check this with an electician first.

gave a good tune up and cleaning to the carb from Upul in malabe , and gave a good service to the A/C, but when the A/C is on sometime suddenly the idle up to 2000rpm and stays for a minute or so and back to normal. also i can hear a noise of electric shortage inside the bonnet when the A/C on and changing the gears. the place i serviced the A/C said there are few disconnected valves , may be fixing that would solve the problem ? sigh

Had a very similar problem on the datto. I think your a is the culprit. The condensor might be hearing up. Heck on its cooling. Maybe a condensor fan or fan shroud would help. Check the AC cutoff also. It should be around 8-10* Celsius. Any lower and your compressor is on a big load. And rotar type compressors make thy electric short noise when they are overloaded.

These days are really hot mate. I feel for our old cars trying to keep up with our demands on the AC.

My mechanic services the AC and when I finally thought all was well, a fuse blew. Huta

Had a very similar problem on the datto. I think your a is the culprit. The condensor might be hearing up. Heck on its cooling. Maybe a condensor fan or fan shroud would help. Check the AC cutoff also. It should be around 8-10* Celsius. Any lower and your compressor is on a big load. And rotar type compressors make thy electric short noise when they are overloaded.

These days are really hot mate. I feel for our old cars trying to keep up with our demands on the AC.

My mechanic services the AC and when I finally thought all was well, a fuse blew. Huta

Guess I can go to a A/C repair place and tell them issue ? probably fixing up the disconnected valves and all, that dude told me that the original condenser which comes with the EG8 is not gonna work for the Sri Lanka , :(

also how did you fix your one ?

Edited by FreakSL

now the A/C doesnt work, I heard a electric shortage may be some thing blew :( , normally when I switch on the a/c car idle become little bit low and there is a difference of pick up, now when I switch on the a/c nothing happen only the fan is working and it won't get cold at all, gaarah,

you've blown a fuse or one of the power wires to the AC came loose. check those first. it is infinitely frustrating machan. now i've finally got everything working and lo and behold the car keeps slowly heating up. i don't htink i can drive around for more than 90 minutes before temperature become critical...