• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Warning Light In Fiat Punto

Harry (aq)

Hi Guys,

This is regarding my Fiat Punto 2007.

Last night my father had noticed the attached warning light appearing when he was driving and asked me what it was, I checked the manual and it did not indicate what this light is.

If any one of you know, kindly educate me what this warning light is.

Thanks

Harry

post-44004-0-79358200-1370235195_thumb.j

Please let me know if you got any message on the LCD when this warning light came on. I have seen this light a few times but I can't recall exactly what it is. At first, I thought it was the door open warning light, but its not.

Worst case, it could be the dualogic gearbox acting up. It's a very common problem with these cars. It could be anything from a dirty sensor to a messed up gearbox. The good news is it's not a very costly repair.

If you get a message like "Gear not available" along with this warning light, stop the car, switch off ignition, switch on ignition without starting the car, shift the gear to manual mode and shift it back to auto mode. Now start the car. The light should go off and the car should start working now. It's the first sign of the gearbox getting fried, but like I said, don't panic. The repair isn't very expensive (around 10000-15000 if I remember correctly)

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

This is regarding my Fiat Punto 2007.

Last night my father had noticed the attached warning light appearing when he was driving and asked me what it was, I checked the manual and it did not indicate what this light is.

If any one of you know, kindly educate me what this warning light is.

Thanks

Harry

You could use an OBD11 scanner and see if it picks up anything (that's what I would do first). If it does give you an error code, figuring out what's wrong by checking / googling the code generated; is usually a pretty straight forward affair. If you don't have a OBD11 scanner you could take it to the agents or any one of the better equipped garages and ask them to run a scan for you.

There's a thread on how to scan your car using a bluetooth interface and a downloaded app for smart phones on autolanka as well which is quite informative.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Actually you don't need to scan to identify the basic errors in a Grande Punto. It's got a multi-information display in the meter cluster, which tells you what's wrong with it. Of course a scanner will help to identify slightly more complex stuff (like "misfire in cylinder 3", for example)

Your GB is throwing an error, probably due to low oil pressure. I had the same issue. Got the oil changed and reset the error. Also a oil seal in the actuator unit was dried up so we replaced that as well. No issues. Take the car to ITMC or Noel who has broken off from ITMC and is having his own place in Talawatugoda. Both places are as good.

• Like 2

Your GB is throwing an error, probably due to low oil pressure. I had the same issue. Got the oil changed and reset the error. Also a oil seal in the actuator unit was dried up so we replaced that as well. No issues. Take the car to ITMC or Noel who has broken off from ITMC and is having his own place in Talawatugoda. Both places are as good.

Thanks VVTi, I did drive it tonight but the warning light didnt come on today. Should take it to the agents if it comes up again.

No machan, what I have marked with an arrow in the below picture, is the door/boot/bonnet open light in GP

3133rqo.jpg

I am attaching the warning lights I am getting when I put the ignition on (before starting). Non of the Picts I checked on internet didnt have this warning light.

post-44004-0-45144100-1370277785_thumb.j

Edited by Harry (aq)

Thanks VVTi, I did drive it tonight but the warning light didnt come on today. Should take it to the agents if it comes up again.

Since the problem is clearly already there, it's best if you take it to someone who knows and get it fixed before it gets worse.. Go to ITMC or Noel, don't bother with the agents.

It started happening on ours every morning and it was getting bloody annoying. In the end it was a small fix. The issue is most of these cars sat in the yards for so long and most of us went on the mileage on the clock instead of the actual passing oif time to do the necessary services. I managed to get all minor work done such as fuel pump, water pump reaplacemet, etc within the 24 month warranty period before EuroMotors went under. But since we got the oil changed and the seals done by Noel we have had no issues. And I can assure you my DualLogic is paying for it's past sins.... right, Supra? :)

How many of you GP owners ever got a 'Clutch Temperature beyond operational limits' warning?... :)

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

It started happening on ours every morning and it was getting bloody annoying. In the end it was a small fix. The issue is most of these cars sat in the yards for so long and most of us went on the mileage on the clock instead of the actual passing oif time to do the necessary services. I managed to get all minor work done such as fuel pump, water pump reaplacemet, etc within the 24 month warranty period before EuroMotors went under. But since we got the oil changed and the seals done by Noel we have had no issues. And I can assure you my DualLogic is paying for it's past sins.... right, Supra? :)

How many of you GP owners ever got a 'Clutch Temperature beyond operational limits' warning?... :)

Never saw that one...

I did get the "Gear not available" warning though!

Hi VVTI, if you have a contact number for Noel, could you kindly PM me please..