• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

came across an odd ad whilst browsing...

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/557530.htm

:lol:

M&S or some big department store in london had a 1-2 week promotion once where they sent a tailor right to the customer in a 3-wheeler get his measurements, and diliver the suit right back to the customer.. might be that same three wheeler, thought i dont knowif it was that old...

Btw that costs over 500,000!!!!!! probably the only vehicle thats cheaper in Sri Lanka than in the UK :D

I have been reading all Classifieds in the weekend papers for a long time and have come across a few real funny stuff. So thought of sharing them with you, (from yesterdays).

Here goes,,,,

"Fiat Tempra.........................

chip control key remote for car

enthusiast with deserving

Personality................"

Next,,

"Maruti are you looking for a facility......."

Lastly,,,,

"Corolla KE72.....................

Head rest, removable high roof........."

What do you guys think???

• 2 weeks later...

Received the following in an email and thought of sharing it here... Absolutely hilarious!!

New films in Sri Lanka

The Devil wears Bata

A story of revenge and pair of lost rubber slippers. Starring Ranjan Ramanayake (Lankem Romeolus), Anarkali (Julilatha), and a private bus. Shot entirely on the 138 bus route, this movie features amazing shots of feet and a crushed wart. Stunts by a bus conductor and soundtrack by The Centipedes (formerly known as Centigradez)

Rated R for indecent exposure of feet.

The Last Samoosa

An emotional tale of life, tragedy, leftovers and moving on. Based on the true story of a waiter at Hotel Pilawoos (not played by Tom Cruise), this movie recounts one man's lone struggle against injustice and local health inspectors (played by Sanath Gunethelika and Samuel L. Jackson).

Rated PG for mild scenes of diarrhoea.

School of Jock

Inspired by the original School of Rock, this movie follows a group of local hip hop artists as they try to reach greater heights by lowering their pants. Shot entirely on location next to the escalator at Majestic City, this movie is truly an inspiration for anyone with dyslexia and oversize pants. Features brand new re-re-re-remixed versions of remixed Bollywood songs.

Rated PG-13 for bad language and overexposed boxer shorts.

Hyde Park

A new animation by the creators of South Park featuring oversized drawings of Sri Lankan politicians. This unique animation of a political rally was done in just 4 colours (blue, green, red and yellow) and features the voice talents of the inmates of the Dehiwela Zoo and lottery ticket seller from Slave Island.

Rated R for bad and/or misleading language.

Originally titled 300, but later changed after a lawsuit. The story of 300 pairs of Bata Slippers and their owners. A story of courage and determination against all odds and 'Adibas' deck shoes. See a band of brave Bata owners wield their lethal slippers in some of the greatest combat scenes in movie history. 'This is for BATAAAA!!!!'

Rated R for extreme violence

Reality Bite

SURVIVOR SRI LANKA

Follow a group ordinary middle class Sri Lankans on an exciting adventure into the unknown. See how they try to withstand the harsh and hostile environment of Colombo city with nothing but a month's salary! It's a battle of wits and physical endurance as our brave contestants experience price hikes and state taxes, dodge bombs and speeding private buses, endure political speeches, local pop music and teledramas. Who will make it to the end of the month? In the end there can only be one.

PIMP MY TRISHAW

Hosted by the inimitable hip hop legend Iraj, Pimp My Trishaw puts the bling back in your trishaw! This week Iraj and his crew, South Westside Panchikawatte Autos, surprise Wakaputu Handi Sunil. Once a beat up brakeless killing machine, now modified with original stolen parts; a Pioneer Radio/Cassette with super 'buffel' system at the back, a secret marijuana/kitchen knife compartment and a neon pink paint job with luminous yellow 'American Eagle' and '4WD' stickers. This gansta episode also features a wide range of oversized Tommy Hilfinger t-shirts from No Limit.

SRI LANKA'S NEXT TOP GANGSTER

The Sri Lanka Rupavihini Corporation makes a comeback in entertainment with this highly acclaimed reality TV show. Follow our charming host Mervyn Silva as he walks into media offices around the island and beat unsuspecting employees to a pulp. An anonymous (and injured) spokesperson for the station said this is the first time they've ever telecast something real, honest and unedited. He also said this is the highest rated show followed by the 223rd rerun of Robin Hood.

found this in an online classified

NICE FOX WAGON FOR IMMEDIATE SALE

A DOCTOR'S FOX WAGON BEETLE. 07 SRI.MEROON COLOUR.1200 CC WITH 1300 TYPE BODY.ORIGINAL BODY AND ENGINE NOT CHANGED.PADDED STEERING.ORIGINAL WHEELS WITH TOPPING CONDITION WITH WHEEL CUPS. ECONOMICAL FUEL CONSUMPTION.REALLY A GOOD VEHICLE FOR A OLD CAR ENTHUSIAST. Rs,3,25000/= Call 07778583** Dr.Prasad-Avissawella general hospital.

Email: polonovita**@state.gov

Phone: 07778583** Date: 6/24/2008

Don, Ripper:

Ha ha on your "mods are slow to react". Personally I was standing in the rain (well, light drizzle) lending support to a battle with a POS Indian car (aka Maruti) (Uncle's) which had developed a water leak in an awkward place. Now that piece of tetanus inducing junk is nestling about 6 inches from my front bumper until more permanent repairs can be done! Pains me to think of it. Hope the damn hand brake is in working order.

Edited by Pericles

According to JC -

This is from Chapter one on left wing dictatorship handbook. Think about it, Stalin, first thing he did, limit movement, second thing, ID cards, Third thing, curfews

It sounds oddly familiar.

Edited by Pericles

Guys this is our second Post-Whoring thread as the original Post-Whoring thread had reached 100 pages !!! So we thought of closing it and moving to a new thread to improve page loading time. Please feel free to continue you’re post-whoring in this thread from now on ... :blink:

Link to Original Post working thread [Click Here]

man, it's daunting task getting through to some people... [automotive support services have grown quite a lot in SL now. hooking up a NOS system, remapping ECU and sprucing up y our wheels with performance parts is no biggies as long as you can afford the cost. many folks are running performance parts on their cars these days.]

Peri

heh heh...normally you guys are quite fast on the draw right...Don and I were wondering why the delay :)

btw... tetanus shots are no longer administered like that... i've got like one in ever year and a half thanks to my biking scene but now the docs say it's bad for ya immune system so they no longer give you tetanus shots... at least that's what my doca said sometime ago

VVTi

your last post doesn't make sense bro :)

Peri

heh heh...normally you guys are quite fast on the draw right...Don and I were wondering why the delay :)

btw... tetanus shots are no longer administered like that... i've got like one in ever year and a half thanks to my biking scene but now the docs say it's bad for ya immune system so they no longer give you tetanus shots... at least that's what my doca said sometime ago

VVTi

your last post doesn't make sense bro :)

Peri

yeah I know....trying to get a message across to another member here!!! Ha ha ha ha....waiting for the geezer to reply my post.

Peri

yeah I know....trying to get a message across to another member here!!! Ha ha ha ha....waiting for the geezer to reply my post.

does the bugger go around by the name MobyDick :)

• 2 weeks later...

i couldn't find a place to put this and didn't think it was worthy of its own thread so landed it here...

DEATH RACE

Jason Statham, Tyrese Gibson, Joan Allen & Natalie Martinez are a few of the better known stars who make up the cast..

Ex-con Jensen Ames (Statham) is forced by the warden of a notorious prison (Allen) to compete in our post-industrial world's most popular sport: a car race in which inmates must brutalize and kill one another on the road to victory

Its due to be released sometime toward the end of August

3073924_656_full.jpg

3073924_659_full.jpg

3073924_663_full.jpg

3073924_666_full.jpg

3073924_660_full.jpg

3073924_665_full.jpg

• MADZ locked this topic