• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Fuel Efficient Car For 1.2 M Or Under

ABR

Question

Hi AL,

I'm looking for a car under 1.2M, needs to be fuel efficient and reliable.

Im interested in a EP82 Starlet at the moment (YOM 1993). Is this a good choice ? Im looking for some suggestions from you guys.

thanks

Hi AL,

I'm looking for a car under 1.2M, needs to be fuel efficient and reliable.

Im interested in a EP82 Starlet at the moment (YOM 1993). Is this a good choice ? Im looking for some suggestions from you guys.t

thanks

if manageble a 2 door car may be an option like japanese alto, mitsubishi minica, mira

or lancer cb8 64-xxxx etc

For that budget, Maruti 800 will give the best fuel efficiency and a reasonable level of reliability. Nano would do better on fuel but its reliability is questionable. This is merely considering your two requirements. If you have further requirements, you should post them. If you can find a well maintained Perodua Kelisa, for that budget, its the best option.

@priyanka - Japanese Alto or Minica (both 660CC) wouldn't be very efficient on fuel owing to their poor power to weight ratio. Have you ever used any one of those?

thanks for the replies so far guys

Im unable to find a Perodua Kelisa or Alto for under 14 laks.. :(

Nano is good for the price but im looking for something a little better and not so embaressing to drive around.

My dad will be buying the car for me, and he has told me that he will not even consider anything other than a toyota, honda or a nissan. thats his mindset, i cant do anything to change his mind. lol

my requirements are simple

a reliable everyday car

should have a 2nd hand value

easy to find spare parts

So far the only cars im interested in are civic eg8 1992 and ep82 1993 starlet. i drove a friend's 800cc maruti and that piece of shit stalled everywhere.. :/ Its just not my type of car

Edited by ABR

Toyota - Tercel, Starlet, Corolla II

Nissan - Doctor Sunny

Honda - City (97/98 models)

If you can convince your dad, try this one

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=120593

It IS reliable, very fuel efficient and nice looking. all spares are available in panchi for this model.

And if u buy it for around 7/50-8, it can be sold easily.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

thanks for the replies so far guys

Im unable to find a Perodua Kelisa or Alto for under 14 laks.. :(

Nano is good for the price but im looking for something a little better and not so embaressing to drive around.

My dad will be buying the car for me, and he has told me that he will not even consider anything other than a toyota, honda or a nissan. thats his mindset, i cant do anything to change his mind. lol

my requirements are simple

a reliable everyday car

should have a 2nd hand value

easy to find spare parts

So far the only cars im interested in are civic eg8 1992 and ep82 1993 starlet. i drove a friend's 800cc maruti and that piece of shit stalled everywhere.. :/ Its just not my type of car

Your 1st post said that fuel economy is your requirement. Now you didnt mention about feul and added another two requirements.

Your 1st post said that fuel economy is your requirement. Now you didnt mention about feul and added another two requirements.

Yes he is. :)

So considering all the requirements he has, the optimum option which comes to mind is Nissan FB14. But will have to extend the budget about 100-200K.

• Like 1

Maybe you can try arguing for a Mazda too? Might give you a few more options.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys..my dad is very stubborn when it comes to mazda, suzuki and fiats etc

We cant seem to find a doc sunny under 12 laks...so ep82 starlet and ae100 are the only options for us right now

still open to more suggestions..

Japanese Alto or Minica (both 660CC) wouldn't be very efficient on fuel owing to their poor power to weight ratio. Have you ever used any one of those?

The Jap Alto wifey has does 15kmpl w/o a/c in the city and with ac it comes down to 13kmpl. But the Jap Alto wouldn't fit into the price range of 12lks unless its a 2000-2001 model.

sorry for bumping this topic again

we have ruled out the ae100 as its difficult to find a good car from that model

im looking for some feedback on the starlet ep82, some say its a good reliable and economical car ..i have heard some negative things about this car aswell. what do you guys think?

or is it better to add a few more laks and go straight for a ep91 ?

Edited by ABR

Dude if you can go for a Diesel SU14 Bluebird used with super diesel for the price you've mentioned it's a one time opportunity. My dad's SU14 Diesel does 18kmpl on the highway and 13-14 in the city (He kinda speeds too). Plus the spare parts aren't that expensive and most of them are Japanese. I wish I could buy one but it's too big for my parking space.

Other than that, Indian vehicles are reputed for fuel efficiency except for the fact that the vehicle maintenance is comparatively high.

• Like 1

Dude if you can go for a Diesel SU14 Bluebird used with super diesel for the price you've mentioned it's a one time opportunity. My dad's SU14 Diesel does 18kmpl on the highway and 13-14 in the city (He kinda speeds too). Plus the spare parts aren't that expensive and most of them are Japanese. I wish I could buy one but it's too big for my parking space.

Other than that, Indian vehicles are reputed for fuel efficiency except for the fact that the vehicle maintenance is comparatively high.

hmm...i heard that the bluebird has a pretty bad resale demand.

is a corolla II windy (2 door) hatchback a good option ?

• Like 1

When I was thinking to purchase my 1st car abt 9-10 years before , Corolla II was also in my list of cars.

It's a good looking small car. ( the egg shaped one)

I heard that its fuel consumption also good. But my problem was the two door factor.

If there were 4 door corolla II cars, I'd have definitely buy one .

found a 301-xxxx 1998 EP91 starlet for 14 laks, the price seems too good to be true..even a 65-xxxx ep91 is 1.6m or so

going to check it out today. will report back here with its running condition

Edited by ABR

found a 301-xxxx 1998 EP91 starlet for 14 laks, the price seems too good to be true..even a 65-xxxx ep91 is 1.6m or so

going to check it out today. will report back here with its running condition

You do realize that 65- means it is a diesel right? 301- is petrol, 301- and 65- were around at roughly the same time..

lol im a newbie when it comes to vehicles thats why i posted this topic :P i thought 65- starlets are also petrol anyway the 301- xxxx car i checked out today has a duplicate registration book, owner says the original book is missing so im a bit suspicious. it explains why the price is so low, i heard that its very difficult to sell a car if the reg book is duplicate . im disappointed because the car ran smooth as butter

When I was thinking to purchase my 1st car abt 9-10 years before , Corolla II was also in my list of cars.

It's a good looking small car. ( the egg shaped one)

I heard that its fuel consumption also good. But my problem was the two door factor.

If there were 4 door corolla II cars, I'd have definitely buy one .

i found a corolla II (300-xxxx)for 11 laks, yom 1994 reg 1997. Good price?

I hardly ever see this car on the roads. anyone knows something about this car pls provide some info. thank you :)

edit - no longer looking for a new car

mods you may close/delete this topic.

Edited by ABR

update

so due to some financial issues we reduced had to reduce the budget :( bought this 1966 vw beetle today. its in excellent condition..doesnt look that great in the photos because it hasnt been washed lately

FkFEaKq.jpg

BJWBmG5.jpg

i know some of you might laugh at me for talking about starlets, corolla 2, etc and ending up buying this but which isnt all that great as i hear it terms of fuel efficiency.

anyway, i have no regrets! thanks for all the replies everyone, mods you may close the topic

Edited by ABR
  • Like 5