• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Name The Car You Felt Easiest To Handle

Uditha88

Hi Friends,

Name the car with details (Model, Engine, Transmission) in Sri Lanka that you have driven in life & you felt easiest to handle.

In term of,

1. High visibility of no or minimum blind spots.

2. Easy handle in Cities, Parking slots etc.

3. Easy handling in rural area with bends, broken roads.

4. Easy handling in speedy cornering.

NOTE: Preferbly Sedan Type cars only

Edited by Uditha88

Hi Friends,

Name the car with details (Model, Engine, Transmission) in Sri Lanka that you have driven in life & you felt easiest to handle.

In term of,

1. High visibility of no or minimum blind spots.

2. Easy handle in Cities, Parking slots etc.

3. Easy handling in rural area with bends, broken roads.

4. Easy handling in speedy cornering.

Very simple answer - AUSTIN MINI :)

• Like 2

I too would have gone with the MIni, BUT broken roads?????

Cannot think of any ONE model I've owned/driven which fits into all the criteria :sad-smiley-050:

Edited by CJ5

I too would have gone with the MIni, BUT broken roads?????

Cannot think of any ONE model I've owned/driven which fits into all the criteria :sad-smiley-050:

1. You can go AROUND the potholes in a Mini

2. If you don't like manoeuvering around potholes, you can always adjust the suspension, fix a 13-inch wheel set and a sump guard (I had these done because the road I was living at that time was full of potholes anyway)

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

Got no experience with Mini.

Golf takes the cake from all the cars I've owned.

Golf has a big blind spot in the C pillar. but other than that i would say GOLF

On recent models Lancer EX although the car is big it had the best turning circle (better than Suzuki Swift)

On recent models Lancer EX although the car is big it had the best turning circle (better than Suzuki Swift)

ah.. thats something new to Mitsubishi i guess.. driven CK2 CS1/CS3 Monti sports which has a turning circle of an Air Bus.. Finally they have fixed it in EX... good to hear...

• Like 2

having a blind spot in C pillar would be minor, compared to the big blind spots in Peugeot 307 and 407 which are on the A pillar itself.

KE72V :sport-smiley-004: when compared to a Toyota Belta and a CE106V. Actually it's a tie with the CE106V. It's a bit challenging in tight parking spots, but it's manageable. The fender mirrors take care of the usual blind spot on the A pillar as well.

The CE106V is a dream to drive but is hilariously underpowered. The AT box makes it very obvious.

I don't drive the Belta at all, don't know when I'd pop those papadam bumpers! :sad-smiley-066:

Edited by Jaliya48

KE72V :sport-smiley-004: when compared to a Toyota Belta and a CE106V. Actually it's a tie with the CE106V. It's a bit challenging in tight parking spots, but it's manageable. The fender mirrors take care of the usual blind spot on the A pillar as well.

The CE106V is a dream to drive but is hilariously underpowered. The AT box makes it very obvious.

I don't drive the Belta at all, don't know when I'd pop those papadam bumpers! :sad-smiley-066:

the belta is hopeless mate. all around visibility is useless. that's why u see a lot of belta's with damaged bumpers

rear visibility, front visibility and the A pillars, all are useless

• Like 1

the belta is hopeless mate. all around visibility is useless. that's why u see a lot of belta's with damaged bumpers

rear visibility, front visibility and the A pillars, all are useless

I think it is not the reason. reason is....

lot of beltas are driven by people who don't like to drive (wish if they had a driver).

Anyway i am just kidding :-) . no offense.

Edited by MV-5

Agree, handlingwise Lancer Ex is really really good for a front wheel driven car. but there is a huge blindspot in the drivers side A pillar.

It depend on what you get used to,

I was a lot used to the montero sport and it seemed to be even easyer to drive than the Nissan March for me.

Which should be completely the otherway around.

I mean parking reversing manuvering and everything.

When you get used to the four corners a semi will even feel like part of you'r body

• Like 1

It depend on what you get used to,

I was a lot used to the montero sport and it seemed to be even easyer to drive than the Nissan March for me.

Which should be completely the otherway around.

I mean parking reversing manuvering and everything.

When you get used to the four corners a semi will even feel like part of you'r body

You got a point, i guess once you get used to a vehicle it becomes very easy to handle it.

Our car is quite big,has dark tints all around, it has no rear camera, no sensors, still my dad can reverse it in a tight area without a problem but others find it difficult.

Edited by Magnum