• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

Theres a passenger model as well, only few of them in SL. I checked out one. it had plenty of bells and whistles like power sliding doors, digital climate control A/C and so on

Funny thing is i haven't seen of those top selling Kei models in SL, probably they are more expensive compared to the Indian alternatives

I had no idea and don't recall seeing many or any of them around. I think were minivan/boxy types are concerned you see a lot more of the Palette, Tanto and the NBox.Thinking of the people in the neighborhoods in the area we live in, they seem to have a normal car of sorts for the family and a kei car for him/her to run to work or to town. Where the cities are concerned I can recall seeing only the normal kei-cars and the above models. Then again I ntice them because wifey was seriously interested in getting one.

Yeah..I too think the Japanese kei cars get out priced by the indian cars, atleast until now. About a year ago Wagon R/MR Wagon/Lapin brand new units were going for about a 1mil base price and the total for the ones we spec'd out came to a little less than 1.2 mil. incld. reg+taxes; a near new unit with similar specs (once that were used as showroom displays with just a few 100 kms) were running for about 950,000yen on average and ones that were about 1 year old with low mileage were going for about 800K So I guess for export and at auction it would be a bit cheaper.

Checked the Suzuki website and it seems like the S-ENE-CHARGE Wagon R (which seems to be the whole line up) is still the same price (and about 1.2mil-ish with reg.+tax) however the ones advertised for sale over here are asking for Rs.2.8mil (and the specs are pretty much the same) which if you do the rough calculations seems to have a huge mark-up :(

Toyota does make some fun to drive cars..just that most of them don't make it over to SL. I've always had a slight soft spot for the Mark X (although I found the looks of the the latest facelift a bit horrifying) and Toyota just announced a GRMN version for it. Based on the G-Sport 350S it puts out 321ps (as opposed to the standard 318ps); has stiffer suspension, larger brakes, sportier seats, "sports" steering wheel, firmer steering,a decent looking body kit and carbon fiber parts which includes the roof from the G-Sport Carbon roof version plus other trinkets (I can't figure out from the Japanese in the article if they are actual carbon fiber or made to look like carbon fiber). However, the most exciting part (atleast for me) is that it comes with a 6MT and LSD as standard.

Clicccar_283072_1.jpgClicccar_283072_2.jpg

Clicccar_283072_5.jpgClicccar_283072_6.jpg

Oh...and they are making only 100 units of it and are asking for 5.4 million yen (standard G-Sport version is about 4.3 million yen and the normal 3.5ltr 350 series starts at about 3.7 million yen)

Edited by iRage

Special Edition Mitsubishi Delica D:5

240484_1.jpg?fit=normal

The special edition is based on the D-Power Package (an eight-seater) equipped with clean diesel engine. The minivan comes standard with a seven-inch Memory Navigation MMCS. Further, it is equipped with driver's power seat, making it more convenient.

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2014/12/26/240484.html

Anyone seen the ne Alto. its HIDEOUS

It actually looks a bit better in a different color...also there was some sports version with racing stripes that looked okay..

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/page-16#entry270042

As for the Hybrid..S-ENE charge...

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/?p=270057

from what I read I think the Alto still has ENE-CHARGE (which means the hybrid battery just powers the equipment and does not assist the motor) as opposed to S-ENE-CHARGE (which has motor support to the engine ?). I m not sure if ENE-CHARGE would qualify as a Hybrid for the local import duty classifications. If it does then I can't see why the JDM Swift cannot be brought as a Hybrid as well.

Edited by iRage

Machan, I read somewhere that Suzuki has come up with Wagon R hybrid... is that right? any feedback on the damn thing?

Now this is going to be a thel-masuraa's wet dream

Theres two prices given for top range model, Hope someone translate and explain what the difference is, its a pciture so cant use Google translate

fz_price.gif

As its only 658cc I'm expecting this to fall under 3mil range

It actually looks a bit better in a different color...also there was some sports version with racing stripes that looked okay..

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/page-16#entry270042

As for the Hybrid..S-ENE charge...

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15224-japanese-car-news/?p=270057

from what I read I think the Alto still has ENE-CHARGE (which means the hybrid battery just powers the equipment and does not assist the motor) as opposed to S-ENE-CHARGE (which has motor support to the engine ?). I m not sure if ENE-CHARGE would qualify as a Hybrid for the local import duty classifications. If it does then I can't see why the JDM Swift cannot be brought as a Hybrid as well.

It'll have to be the S-Ene-Charge which is the actual hybrid. Trust they have a very small electric only range as well going from the Suzuki website video. From what I've seen its a very small battery which is stored under the front passenger seat.

It'll have to be the S-Ene-Charge which is the actual hybrid. Trust they have a very small electric only range as well going from the Suzuki website video. From what I've seen its a very small battery which is stored under the front passenger seat.

That is what I thought as well....I think its "full" EV mode is only to get the car up and running from a stand still (eg. idling stop, etc..) just to assist the ICE as well as assist it during acceleration.

EDIT:

S-ENE-CHARGE battery

04_px240.jpg

020_o.jpg

Considering it is a Kei-car with such a small engine and output it is only logical that the battery would be so small...anythign larger would jsut create a huge weight disadvantage...

Edited by iRage

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="270229" data-time="1420046819"><p>

I think it'll be a massive success here</p></blockquote>

A few 'Hybrid' Wagon Rs are advertised but they are asking for 2.8 mil. If u do some rough calculations there seems to be a somewhat huge markup.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Magnum" data-cid="270229" data-time="1420046819"><p>

I think it'll be a massive success here</p></blockquote>

A few 'Hybrid' Wagon Rs are advertised but they are asking for 2.8 mil. If u do some rough calculations there seems to be a somewhat huge markup.

2.8 was way better than the 3.0+ some quote, better off buying an Aqua or a Fit for that price. Ideally it (wagon R) should be around 2.2mil for it to be more viable. (I'm looking at it as a brand new car from Japan and not the Hybrid option. It will be the cheapest new Japanese car) And the Alto should be below 2.0mil, if not better off going for the Korean and Malaysian alternatives.

Not sure if this is true, heard from car sale guy that this new japanese alto doesnt qualify as a hybrid by the authorities.

Alto does not qualify as Hybrid as it only has ENE-CHARGE. It MUST be S-ENE-CHARGE which has the motor assist. S-ENE-CHARGE so far is only in the Wagon R. Like Magnum said..it has to be around the 2.0mil mark for it to be competitive, when I did the calculations it actually costs around 2.0 mil to bring one down (presuming customs accepts S-ENE-CHARGE as a proper Hybrid).

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh. Jade is pretty (there was a Mugen out fitted one as well which I can't find the images of any more)! So this what they meant by a Stream replacement.

In the mean time...Toyota is pretty convinced that there are enough people out there in Japan who would love to drive this around...

20150110-10216732-carview-000-1-view.jpg

okay..nothing can be as shocking as the shocking pink version :)

and the "young engineers" at Toyota did this to a Vitz

http://motorshow.carview.yahoo.co.jp/tokyo-autosalon/2015/car/826/?t=2

Edited by iRage

• 2 weeks later...

For all the van fans out there....Toyota released the new Alphard Vellfire combo today. Comes in both Hybrid and Gasoline form (although much like the previous version I am sure it is the Hybrid that will be selling like hotcakes...). Size seems to be the same with more bling in it. The "ideology/concept" behind the new model seems to be "Large Spaced Luxury Saloon".

001_o.jpg

aru_456789234s.jpg

aru_456789235s.jpgaru_456789236s.jpg

aru_456789242s.jpg

Why do our guys insist on Prados when they can pimp out in this ? :D

The funny part of he release is the dealership posters (and the LINE message and web CM) that were released has half of the vellfire face joined with half of a gorilla face...and even has a gorilla in it...I guess Toyota wants everyone to know they are going all primal with this ^&*#...<for some reason I can't seem to link up the image.>

Here is the Japanese article if anyone wants to read..

http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/article/photo/20150121-20102328-carview/?t=0

Image gallery:

http://autoc-one.jp/toyota/alphard/joycar-2050409/photo/

Edited by iRage

Production version images and reports of the Mazda CX-3 seems to be popping up. They have confirmed that the baby cross-over (which some articles suggest shares the Demio's platform) will have a 2.0 Skyactiv gasoline engine (same as what is found in the Axela ? apparently) or a 1.5 SkyActiv diesel (turbo ?) engine (what is found in a Demio). I guess that also means we won't see tons of it coming in to the country and replacing the Weasel anytime soon as plans for a Hybrid engine was not announced (yet ?).

Image gallery : http://autoc-one.jp/mazda/joycar-2044030/photo/

016_o.jpg

For all the van fans out there....Toyota released the new Alphard Vellfire combo today. Comes in both Hybrid and Gasoline form (although much like the previous version I am sure it is the Hybrid that will be selling like hotcakes...). Size seems to be the same with more bling in it. The "ideology/concept" behind the new model seems to be "Large Spaced Luxury Saloon".

001_o.jpg

aru_456789234s.jpg

aru_456789235s.jpgaru_456789236s.jpg

aru_456789242s.jpg

Why do our guys insist on Prados when they can pimp out in this ? :D

The funny part of he release is the dealership posters (and the LINE message and web CM) that were released has half of the vellfire face joined with half of a gorilla face...and even has a gorilla in it...I guess Toyota wants everyone to know they are going all primal with this ^&*#...<for some reason I can't seem to link up the image.>

Here is the Japanese article if anyone wants to read..

http://carview.yahoo.co.jp/article/photo/20150121-20102328-carview/?t=0

Image gallery:

http://autoc-one.jp/toyota/alphard/joycar-2050409/photo/

Toyota Alphard TRD

242667_3.jpg?fit=normal

Toyota Velfire TRD

242667_6.jpg?fit=normal

Toyota Velfire Modellista

242695_2.jpg?fit=normal

Toyota Alphard Modellista

242695_1.jpg?fit=normal