• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

maybe the govt should look at introducing a new <1000 CC or <800CC tax bracket for the hybrids so that they are more price competitive with the indian and malaysian non hybrids in the same engine class

gov has done that already, less than 1000cc hybrid duty if 50%,

> 1000 it s 92%

• Like 1

Rejoice hybrid fans ! A new Prius is on its way to make everyone puke :) No really ! Since the 2013 Tokyo Motorshow Toyota has been show casing a couple of prototypes and concepts for which the Prius would be based on. Quite surprisingly the the concepts/prototypes were actually gorgeous (think I made a post on this thread sometime back).

HOWEVER....

Slated to go on sale in 2016/2017 this is what Toyota came up with

510767.jpg510774.jpg510776.jpg

Toyota claims that they will be introducing a new Hybrid technology along with the new Prius...Hmmm...

258602_4.jpg

The all new Navara is available in Europe with a 2.3L

The newly developed 2.3-liter in-line four-cylinder turbo diesel dCi engine has two power output options: 160ps and 190ps. The 190ps version introduces twin turbocharging technology to the sector for the first time.

Apparently the Thailand one still uses the previous 2.5L engine which came from the 2010+ models with 163hp and 190hp.

Nissan releases special edition Sylphy featuring aero parts

258530_1.jpg

258530_2.jpg

258530_7.jpg

I thought this was a JDM equivalent to the Sylphy SSS you get in some markets and the IMPUL version....albeit I think the front bumper and stuff are different

Any news about a new allion/premio?

No...same as it was a few weeks ago. Why ? Are you waiting to buy a new one ? With perhaps the anticipation of it being a Hybrid and would fall within the lower duty brackets ?

No...same as it was a few weeks ago. Why ? Are you waiting to buy a new one ? With perhaps the anticipation of it being a Hybrid and would fall within the lower duty brackets ?

Nope, wouldn’t buy a hybrid, it’s not suitable for me. Even if I wanted to I don’t think I would be able to afford one. I’m just curious how the design would look like.

I thought this was a JDM equivalent to the Sylphy SSS you get in some markets and the IMPUL version....albeit I think the front bumper and stuff are different

Not really, the Sylphy is more of a family sedan competing with Premio/Allion. Its predecessor Bluebird had a SSS version which was a bigger brother of the Pulsar SSS

Whats the deal with the new boat-ish design language toyota has implemented!

Thats a Nissan man! :sport-smiley-004:

>>Not really, the Sylphy is more of a family sedan competing with Premio/Allion. Its predecessor Bluebird had a SSS version which was a bigger brother

LOL...I know what the Sylphy is. Test drove a JDM unit when it first came out and was a bit dissapointed with nit-picky things on build quality. The Sylphy in some markets HAS a SSS version (e.g. Singapore and even HK ?) but didn't in Japan. Also, there is an IMPUL version as well. The S Touring, I believe is kind of a SSS for the JDM market.

As for boats, I think the guy was referring to the Prius :)

He is probably talking about the Prius. I actually like the design of the new Sylphy.

I like the design of the previous one, it looks better in reality than in pics

0206724A30150530W00102.jpg

>>Not really, the Sylphy is more of a family sedan competing with Premio/Allion. Its predecessor Bluebird had a SSS version which was a bigger brother

LOL...I know what the Sylphy is. Test drove a JDM unit when it first came out and was a bit dissapointed with nit-picky things on build quality. The Sylphy in some markets HAS a SSS version (e.g. Singapore and even HK ?) but didn't in Japan. Also, there is an IMPUL version as well. The S Touring, I believe is kind of a SSS for the JDM market.

As for boats, I think the guy was referring to the Prius :)

Haha i didnt realize its you, anyway is the Impul version offered in Japan? I saw it was offered in Malaysia but it didnt have a fancy engine like the earlier SSS had.

Edited by Magnum

I like the design of the previous one, it looks better in reality than in pics

Haha i didnt realize its you, anyway is the Impul version offered in Japan? I saw it was offered in Malaysia but it didnt have a fancy engine like the earlier SSS had.

LOL....no..the IMPUL Sylphy is still not there in Japan but saw some articles about it probably being introduced. There are some third party kits for it though.

As for the previous one...well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. I didn't like the previous one because it reminded me of a turtle :)

• Like 1

New Suzuki Solio

a newly developed K12C engine, and a mild hybrid system, and it produces a JC08 mode fuel consumption of 27.8km/L. As for its current ratio, it became lighter by 100kg and its overall weight is less than 1,000kg.

258654_1.jpg

258654_2.jpg

258654_24.jpg

258654_33.jpg

258654_34.jpg

258654_36.jpg

258654_23.jpg

Edited by Magnum

and the new Baleno...which is based on the iK-2 concept that Suzuki has been showing off since 2014 or so, will come with the choice of two power plants; a mild Hybrid system (S-ENE CHARGE I presume) or a gasoline turbo charged power plant...

suzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-fr

suzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-frsuzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-fr

Rejoice hybrid fans ! A new Prius is on its way to make everyone puke :) No really ! Since the 2013 Tokyo Motorshow Toyota has been show casing a couple of prototypes and concepts for which the Prius would be based on. Quite surprisingly the the concepts/prototypes were actually gorgeous (think I made a post on this thread sometime back).

HOWEVER....

Slated to go on sale in 2016/2017 this is what Toyota came up with

510767.jpg510774.jpg510776.jpg

Toyota claims that they will be introducing a new Hybrid technology along with the new Prius...Hmmm...

I was referring to this, and the new fortuner, Camry Axio etc, all have this distinctive pointed grille and long boatish rears

and the new Baleno...which is based on the iK-2 concept that Suzuki has been showing off since 2014 or so, will come with the choice of two power plants; a mild Hybrid system (S-ENE CHARGE I presume) or a gasoline turbo charged power plant...

suzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-fr

suzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-frsuzuki-the-first-public-baleno-in-the-fr

That looks good!