• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japanese Car News

Magnum

It is interesting that they took the "FIT" part out of the name though....maybe they didn't want to confuse the owners more :)

Finally, i didnt like the current shuttle. This looks much better

Well the front looks like the Fit which is not bad...but it is the back..has been the back since the first Fit Shuttle....the rear hangs out too far from the wheel and doesn't balance out with the front. To make it worst the space between the rear wheel arch and the waist line is way too much that it makes those wheels look tiny and adds to the imbalance....

20150417-10222223-carview-001-1-view.jpg

The 80s Shuttle looks way more sleeker...

honda-civic-shuttle-rti-limited-edition_

It is interesting that they took the "FIT" part out of the name though....maybe they didn't want to confuse the owners more :)

Well the front looks like the Fit which is not bad...but it is the back..has been the back since the first Fit Shuttle....the rear hangs out too far from the wheel and doesn't balance out with the front. To make it worst the space between the rear wheel arch and the waist line is way too much that it makes those wheels look tiny and adds to the imbalance....

20150417-10222223-carview-001-1-view.jpg

The 80s Shuttle looks way more sleeker...

honda-civic-shuttle-rti-limited-edition_

The front end of the current Shuttle is just ugly to me personally the new shuttle seems great, and most of all i hated those silly pillars on the rear sides,

i donno if it just me or that the current fit shuttle and the GP1 Fit had really bad visibility, the A pillars were too large it was blinding on corners. but the newer GP5 fit's front visibitly is better compared to the GP1 so i am hoping this new Shuttle has improved visibility with the design

Agreed, the rear end hangs out too much. Which makes it look like a cross between a Fit GP5 and a Honda Airwave.

Yes. And surprise surprise. Now if u get in to either Fit, Shuttle, Vezel or Grace, u will be hard pressed to identify which vehicle u r in by looking at the dash.

They all looks the same :) Only the sheet metal is different i guess.

Yeah, I think the wagon tag is throwing our people off.

Looks like Japanese manufacturers are finally going down the same path the european manufacturers have been on for so long.

Similar looking front facias, interior layout etc.

Jury is out as to whether its a good or bad thing.

Exactly, looks like they are planning to the same dash into every single vehicle they make

Yes, from what I recall it goes as the Land Cruiser, and the full fat LC went as the Amazon.

Passenger vans have never been popular in the UK, perhaps as the term van is often associated with builders.... MPVs though, are extremely popular among families.

Thats actually the land Cruiser 100 series, i just checked out the Toyota UK site they have the 200 series LC as Land Cruiser and V8

Toyota did used to offer the Previa for this sector (I think sold as the Lucida in Japan), but now they only have the verso, which is a smaller vehicle.

The proace is a comercial van. I've not seen a UK version of the Hiace passenger van though a few JDM imports are around. The main issue is that the UK market does not fancy forward controls that much so even vans have a bit in the front where the engine is. This is for safety I recon.

Actually there is/was a UK version of the Hiace

Toyota%20Hiace%20(7).jpg

I have seen couple of these in SL, people have nicknamed it as UK Hiace. Its like the Granvia but with less bells and whistles

A stretched out outback isn't it?

And the XV style rubber cladding getting on this too. The backside doesn't look proportional to my eyes.

Cargo room is going to be very small when there are 7 passengers on board.

A stretched out outback isn't it?

And the XV style rubber cladding getting on this too. The backside doesn't look proportional to my eyes.

Cargo room is going to be very small when there are 7 passengers on board.

Isn't it the case with all cross-over/"likes of X-Trail,RAV4,etc..." that is a 7 seater ?

Even Prado has very little space and the third row seats are good for small kids only

0403084A30150413W00106.jpg

Thats actually the land Cruiser 100 series, i just checked out the Toyota UK site they have the 200 series LC as Land Cruiser and V8

Actually there is/was a UK version of the Hiace

Toyota%20Hiace%20(7).jpg

I have seen couple of these in SL, people have nicknamed it as UK Hiace. Its like the Granvia but with less bells and whistles

Its not a passenger van, just a goods vehicle.

The front end of the current Shuttle is just ugly to me personally the new shuttle seems great, and most of all i hated those silly pillars on the rear sides,

i donno if it just me or that the current fit shuttle and the GP1 Fit had really bad visibility, the A pillars were too large it was blinding on corners. but the newer GP5 fit's front visibitly is better compared to the GP1 so i am hoping this new Shuttle has improved visibility with the design

Agreed, the rear end hangs out too much. Which makes it look like a cross between a Fit GP5 and a Honda Airwave.

Even I think the side visibility of the GP1 is atrocious. Could not see to my side well at all. A fairly stupid thing to do that.

Even I think the side visibility of the GP1 is atrocious. Could not see to my side well at all. A fairly stupid thing to do that.

Are you guys referring to the view blocked by the A pillar?

Are you guys referring to the view blocked by the A pillar?

Yes the A pillar sucks on those things...drive my aunt's Fit Aria frequently and I have entire cars and vans disappearing behind it :)

The side view is not that good either on that thing; the B pillar and the seat belt mount seem to get in the way of looking over the right shoulder and then the waist line kind of rises up relative to your eye line and tapers in to an oversized C pillar which almost wraps in to the rear glass.

Yes the A pillar sucks on those things...drive my aunt's Fit Aria frequently and I have entire cars and vans disappearing behind it :)

The side view is not that good either on that thing; the B pillar and the seat belt mount seem to get in the way of looking over the right shoulder and then the waist line kind of rises up relative to your eye line and tapers in to an oversized C pillar which almost wraps in to the rear glass.

Any of you guys tried reversing a shuttle? the thing is from a wagon u expet good rear visibility, but that thing has weired Trangle shaped Pillars near the rear glass which cuts out the whole side visibility. The Screen was missing from the car so couldnt use the reverse camera either.

The thick A pilla Issue is their in all new vehicles, worst I have come across is in those Kei Suzuki Every vans

lol putha you should try a Fit or a Liana/Aerio. the Every in Very.. VERY good compared to that

Suzuki's 1.4L Direct Injected Turbo charged engine producing about 105 HP and 202<something> Nm of torque. It was unveiled at the Shanghai MS and is supposed to be first introduced in to a couple of 'for-China-only' models and then do a global roll-out. I guess we can expect to see turbo charged Swifts :)

001_o.jpg

2015 Honda Step WGN unveiled with a turbocharged engine

1276040198980543655.jpg

1.5-liter VTEC TURBO engine that produces 150 PS (110 kW) and 203 Nm (149 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a continuously variable transmission which can be paired to an optional all-wheel drive system.

The Step WGN will go on sale on April 24th and pricing starts at ¥2,288,000 (including an 8% consumption tax).

2015 Honda Step WGN unveiled with a turbocharged engine

1.5-liter VTEC TURBO engine that produces 150 PS (110 kW) and 203 Nm (149 lb-ft) of torque. It is connected to a continuously variable transmission which can be paired to an optional all-wheel drive system.

Sorry...not a big fan of vans...so the only thing that excited me about the VAN itself was the funky soccer/grocery mom friendly rear door :)

20150422-20102430-carview-008-3-view.jpg20150422-20102430-carview-001-3-view.jpg20150422-20102430-carview-021-3-view.jpg

2016 Toyota Hilux engine lineup leaked

The old 2.5-liter and 3.0-liter diesel units will be replaced by smaller 2.4-liter and 2.8-liter powerplants with the first being available with 150 PS (111 kW) and 167 PS (123 kW), while the more powerful will be offered with 177 PS (130 kW). All they will be mated to either a manual or an automatic transmissions.

Honda to release updated Vezel with plasmacluster air conditioner

On April 24, Honda Motor Company will release their Vezel, which comes enhanced with minor adjustments and added features as well as a new 4WD option.

For this partial upgrade, Honda has standardized IR-cut/UV-cut glass for the front windshield, IR-cut/super UV-cut glass for the front door windows, and plasmacluster air conditioning system on all Vezel models.

The FF model features Amplitude Reactive Dampers on the front and back offering comfort and stability. Honda has also equipped a part of its lineup with genuine leather steering wheels.

In addition, Honda has established a 4WD version for the X grade, its top-selling gasoline model.

The Honda Vezel is priced from ¥1,931,000 to ¥2,746,000.

Edited by Magnum