• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Ce100

chamilka

Question

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a Toyota Corolla CE100 car and would like to know your suggestions.

I know that according to the year of manufacture of this model what I would get is something done around 200,000km. What I want to know are there different types of diesel engines for this model. I have heard some term "molli engine". So is there a "NON molli engine" for the same model. I am glad if someone can post me a picture to recognize this engine.

And by the way I am only interested in sedan car, not wagen. Are there 1.8 diesel engines in Sedan.

And finally what will be a reasonable price for a SE Saloon with climate control AC, white light and manual gear, if I find one hopefully.

Thank you in advance.

5 answers to this question

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a Toyota Corolla CE100 car and would like to know your suggestions.

I know that according to the year of manufacture of this model what I would get is something done around 200,000km. What I want to know are there different types of diesel engines for this model. I have heard some term "molli engine". So is there a "NON molli engine" for the same model. I am glad if someone can post me a picture to recognize this engine.

And by the way I am only interested in sedan car, not wagen. Are there 1.8 diesel engines in Sedan.

And finally what will be a reasonable price for a SE Saloon with climate control AC, white light and manual gear, if I find one hopefully.

Thank you in advance.

The molli and non molli engine simply refers to two approaches by Toyota to generate vacuum in their diesel engines. You will notice the molli engine very easily since it has a hump right on top of it, while the other engine has a flat surface and I believe the vacuum is integrated into the alternator. It's the same 2C engine apart from that.

As far as I know the CE100 comes with the 1L 2C engine. Very hardy car but most would have done a lot of miles by now. Always go by condition rather than whats said in the milometer. I can't really comment on price sadly. Check for issues with the engine which are mostly caused by bad maintenance and botched or incomplete engine rebuild jobs.

As The Don stated the CE100 originally came with the 2C diesel engine. I have seen a conversion where a 3C diesel engine had been dropped in and the owner claims it is an original Corolla diesel engine (probably from a diesel van/wagon or some other export model ?)...FYI...just in case there are more conversions out there.

Mollie engines did not come with this model, if one has then it should be a transplant of a new engine.

This is one of the best Toyotas made and in my view better than 110. This model had the ECU under dash/ centre console therefore better insulated from elements and also independent rear suspension.

Go for a 1993 upward model (face lift) which has white rear lights and R134a A/C the older model had R12.

Since these cars are about 20 year old check for rust and electrical issues, check each light, window ,mirrors wipers are working.

Good luck