• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Canowin Arcade Details

akboselk

Hi friends,

plannig to goto gall through southern expressway end of this month and expecting to have a break at canowin arcade.

However many said proces for meals ( short eats ) are too high in there

any idea about it and details about it and the service quality please

Thanks

Dude, it's a 100km 1 hour drive. If you can't afford it, go to the nearest te kade in Galle and have your short eats.

Do you really need to make a forum thread out of it?

friend, I am going to start from kegalle with family members, so that's why I thought to stop at that place. (otherwise 1 hr dive isn't an issue without stoping )

Thanks for both of you Komisiripala ,Crosswind for feedback

Edited by akboselk

Don't worry they have a monis on both sides. Same price as the normal monis. A trip down south is not complete without a monis!! The tea place really is hi fi and they serve quality tea. If you're a connoisseur of fine teas then have a cup. If not, monis has tea also.

They even have a food city.

But i was serious about the choo-fee. It's 20/- for a pump/dump. But the toilets are spotlessly clean.

Edited by Komisiripala

At those prices, most buggers must be preferring to find a tree outside, of course the bloody place is clean!

But those with Bashful Bladder Syndrome (purposely avoided using the abbreviation), like me, would be willing to pay even more.

But i was serious about the choo-fee. It's 20/- for a pump/dump. But the toilets are spotlessly clean.

You are referring to the "V I P" toilets inside the main building. There are separate non-V I P toilets in the low building located on slightly high ground and to the left as you enter the rest area. These are free. There is a sign pointing towards it if you look carefully. These are also clean and spacious, and with natural light. I have been using them since the rest area opened.

Outdoor-Bathroom.jpg

(photo from http://www.yamu.lk/place/southern-expressway-service-area-canonwin-arcade.html)

ps: Why is autolanka blocking the word V I P ?

Edited by lkars

dont see a point in stopping over for tea and biscuits half way through an hours journey on the E01 unless of course a brick size dump is knocking up your door or your valve is about to burst

Not everyone travels at 200kmph in BMWs like the company the pissu dosthara keeps, man :) It takes slightly over 2 hours to do the whole thing at the speed limit. More when you count actually driving to the highway, and then from off the highway to the final destination. From where I live to Hikka takes an easy 3 hours via highway, (The road from the highway exit to Hikka is CRAP) and the same amount of time via Galle Road. Only Galle, Horana and Colombo seem to have decent roads once you exit the highway.

Not everyone travels at 200kmph in BMWs like the company the pissu dosthara keeps, man :) It takes slightly over 2 hours to do the whole thing at the speed limit. More when you count actually driving to the highway, and then from off the highway to the final destination. From where I live to Hikka takes an easy 3 hours via highway, (The road from the highway exit to Hikka is CRAP) and the same amount of time via Galle Road. Only Galle, Horana and Colombo seem to have decent roads once you exit the highway.

The Mathugama - Kalutara road to which the Dodangoda exit falls is also pretty good.

By the way, 2 hours on the E01 from Kottawa to Galle? I've kept it under the limit and have managed to do the trip in around an hour or so - multiple times.

The Mathugama - Kalutara road to which the Dodangoda exit falls is also pretty good.

By the way, 2 hours on the E01 from Kottawa to Galle? I've kept it under the limit and have managed to do the trip in around an hour or so - multiple times.

Think peri was referring to the whole trip not just from entry to exit of E01. i stick to around 80 and manage to reach the exit point in about an hour and 5 min or so. It does take me good 40 min from where i live to get to Kottawa so in actuality peri is right i suppose.

You're right, I take that back. Total distance was just over 100km, wasn't it? Must have been thinking of the total journey.

That said, I've made it to Galle in 2 hours 15 mins using the Galle Road before this highway even opened. Left Dehiwela at 12, Lighthouse at 2:15.

I haven't taken that Mathugama exit yet.

Yes yes. I paid 20 rupees for a siripala to hold my wang. He shook it twice and zipped me up also

I once read on a a toilet wall in school "Kopamana selawoo-wath awasan binduwa joka sathui" ... it was very philosophical shit on toilet walls we had in school.. Probably also cos my (maths section) shared a toilet with the arts section..

• Like 1

You're right, I take that back. Total distance was just over 100km, wasn't it? Must have been thinking of the total journey.

That said, I've made it to Galle in 2 hours 15 mins using the Galle Road before this highway even opened. Left Dehiwela at 12, Lighthouse at 2:15.

I haven't taken that Mathugama exit yet.

Just checked on Google Maps and the distance is 99km from the Kottawa interchange to Pinnaduwa interchange. :)

I once read on a a toilet wall in school "Kopamana selawoo-wath awasan binduwa joka sathui" ... it was very philosophical shit on toilet walls we had in school.. Probably also cos my (maths section) shared a toilet with the arts section..

:D

Edited by Davy