• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Using Tire With Tube And Tubeless Together

Team,

I need all your opinion on my tire combination and do you see any drawbacks on those as well

I had couple of patches in my CAR rear tire and I had to repair it with inserting a tube on it. So my all other tires are tubeless except for this tire on rear left side.

Would that be an issue for CAR alignment, fuel consumption or will it lead to something else?

I don't feel much difference on that.

pls share your thoughts and suggestions.

What did you drive on to damage your tyre beyond repair? I won't feel too comfortable adding weight to one side, especially if the tyre in question is mounted up front.

I've heard of Supermoto riders using tubes in tubeless road tyres but that's only because the tubeless tyres won't hold pressure when mounted on spoked wheels.

I think in normal road with average stop and running conditions there is a big impact on your car, specially if tire is rather new. But if its travel larger distance in expressway there can be an impact or some sorta breaking issues. Not an expert advise i'm just guessing here.

Team,

I need all your opinion on my tire combination and do you see any drawbacks on those as well

I had couple of patches in my CAR rear tire and I had to repair it with inserting a tube on it. So my all other tires are tubeless except for this tire on rear left side.

Would that be an issue for CAR alignment, fuel consumption or will it lead to something else?

Let me get this straight...

One of the tyres in your car is damaged beyond repair and instead of spending some money to replace a couple of them, you decided to take the cheap option of inserting a tube in it.

AND THEN YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT FUEL CONSUMPTION!

Do us all a favour. Please take a ride on the Southern Expressway at about 150.

• Like 1

Team,

Let me get this straight...

One of the tyres in your car is damaged beyond repair and instead of spending some money to replace a couple of them, you decided to take the cheap option of inserting a tube in it.

AND THEN YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT FUEL CONSUMPTION!

Do us all a favour. Please take a ride on the Southern Expressway at about 150.

lol !!

Okay Jokes aside: Crosswind is right. Err.. well just on the bit about recommending you change the tire.... :D

If your tire is damaged beyond repair then that really means you probably need to change it, instead of compromising on safety. If the structural integrity of the tire is damaged to the point that it won't hold air, then doesn't that mean you should be looking to replace it instead of continuing to drive on it? Don't know about you, but that's what I would do just to be safe.

If the other tire on the same axle is worn, or if there is a large mismatch between tread depth on the new tire and the old or if you can't find the same tread pattern / brand and type of tire to match the tire: It maybe best just to change both tires; else you might have vibration issues etc.

If you are on a budget, you could always consider a pair of used tires. Just make sure they are identical and have the same consistent amount of tread wear across the entire tire.

Stay safe. There's no point skimping on a few thousand rupees and risking injury to yourself or loved ones.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 4

I have had some bad experiences during long trips only,flat tire on two occasions...tube doesn't go well with alloys...once the tire and alloy get heated enough there's a possibility of tube melting and cracking over edges,just use it for a while and replace a new tire if you want to save a hassle....

I think we are being too harsh on the guy. At least he asked right?

As it is the rear tyre, you might be able to get away with it IN TRAFFIC. I won't be throttle happy though...you never know when you might have to step on the break. As much fun as it sounds, the rear end stepping out, when you don't really want it to is not really a good thing.

If you're driving home-to-work-to-home, be a bit more vigilant till you can afford to get a new one (or the pair as suggested above). Just don't put it off for too long.

• Like 1

the inner side of tubeless tires are rough and they aren't designed to hold a tube inside. Therefore you might experience unusually frequent patches as tube might not last long in this rugged tubeless tire.

Since it's a rear tire there aren't much of a risk as long as you don't thrash it hard. Also be extra cautious when you're doing long journeys outside the city.

Fuel consumption? oh please :) safety first man.

• Like 1