• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

The prize idiot behind the wheel should definitely be given some awards for taking a van on that road at over 100kmph (a speed I was not aware vans are capable of doing steadily in the wet) and totaling it a mere 12 hours after the highway opened.

Btw, wat has happened to that crash barrier in the middle? The thing is like papadam...was under the impression they are made of tougher stuff...

Let the games begin!

who is the annoying broad?...your wife?...machan please go and show her some lights,maybe she'll shut up then. :P

I know i could barely last the length of the video... wonder hos the guy went through the entire trip...

And bravo to the dumbass driver who actually turns off/dims his lights just to prove to his wife that they were on to begin with in that pitch darkness.

The prize idiot behind the wheel should definitely be given some awards for taking a van on that road at over 100kmph (a speed I was not aware vans are capable of doing steadily in the wet) and totaling it a mere 12 hours after the highway opened.

yes machan though lot of people claim that these types of vans are really stable at high speeds I doubt that.

Btw, wat has happened to that crash barrier in the middle? The thing is like papadam...was under the impression they are made of tougher stuff...

They should replace that, but in order to do that they should close that part of the highway atleast for an hour right?

Just saw this pic on facebook. Seems like the 2nd crash

I think it's better to wait till all the morons are done with their antics before venturing on to the highway. I had planned a trip to Horana on Wedndesday, but feel like postponing now.

This just confirms what everybody thought, most of the van drivers in this country are morons. How many times you have been overtaken in the wrong side by some idiot in a van. Nothing wrong with the van I say, its just that our morons don't know how to drive. Must be thinking this is Galle road or something to do a "vettu". Thank goodness three wheelers and buses are not allowed, or where would've been stiff competition for the moron awards

• Like 3

Hi, one of my friends, an experience driver, drove a Toyota Super GL, which has run 500,000km+ on the highway mostly doing 120km/h. The vehicle has been very stable and performed well. It is not always the vehicle, it is also the man behind the steering wheel. This vehicle though 500,000km++ has been maintained very well as well.

Sad to see newer vans getting toppled. Actually the aforesaid vehicle has also done 100++ for a length on normal roads in early morning and at nights...........................

• Like 1

This just confirms what everybody thought, most of the van drivers in this country are morons. How many times you have been overtaken in the wrong side by some idiot in a van. Nothing wrong with the van I say, its just that our morons don't know how to drive. Must be thinking this is Galle road or something to do a "vettu". Thank goodness three wheelers and buses are not allowed, or where would've been stiff competition for the moron awards

Totally agreed with u on the morons with vans. Almost everyday i drive i see atleast one moron with a van......

Wonder if the hiace market will go down becoz of this. Like all the other bullshit reasons r people come up with like "Dora 5 market naha" im sure next will be "Aluth Hiace market naha Highway eke peralenwa"

Hell no..! It`s still a Toyota.!! :D

Hi, one of my friends, an experience driver, drove a Toyota Super GL, which has run 500,000km+ on the highway mostly doing 120km/h. The vehicle has been very stable and performed well. It is not always the vehicle, it is also the man behind the steering wheel. This vehicle though 500,000km++ has been maintained very well as well.

Sad to see newer vans getting toppled. Actually the aforesaid vehicle has also done 100++ for a length on normal roads in early morning and at nights...........................

Apparently you have never seen a toppled "dolphin".