• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

STFU noob! Take your politically correct bullshit elsewhere.You'd let the government build a fence costing millions just to keep some effin dogs out while half the country is starving?And let some poor bastard roll his corrolla and kill his family just cos he tried to avoid hitting a dog?,..now who sounds like Hitler eh?...dumbass!

Who the hell are you anyways? 200 posts and i can't remember anything worthwhile.Are you one of those people who thinks you know everything just coz you own a legacy?...well sorry to break it to you but,dude that's a bit of nothing car...no offence. :)

Please pardon me as I am a newbie with less than 100 posts.

Thought this is an open forum and every one can express their view with dignity, immaterial to seniority, number of posts, the vehicle they drive etc.....

Correct my understanding on above and greatly appreciate as I do like this forum and hoping to share my two cents as applicable.

By the way one suggestion, before we start shooting the dogs, shouldn't we at least busting the maniac drivers on E01 and all roads in Sri Lanka. For E01, I believe the maniacs and rule breakers will bring in more damage than the dogs.

• Like 3

I say, Miniace, what if you take a few of out snipers and take out the dogs from air? That will be fun. They will get some much needed practice shooting from the air and it will be a service to all road users.

If no one comes, gimme the rifle with a scope and a box full of ammo and we are all set.

• Like 1

I say, Miniace, what if you take a few of out snipers and take out the dogs from air? That will be fun. They will get some much needed practice shooting from the air and it will be a service to all road users.

If no one comes, gimme the rifle with a scope and a box full of ammo and we are all set.

lol :lol: count me in too. +1

Considering the average IQ of those who buy the X1 these days, I am not suprised that they took the 'run flat' option for just that. Run flat... :)

Run flats are there to get you home or workshop at a safe speed only upto a certain range. Also you will be surprised at the number of people who NEVER check their tyre pressures.

Well, the run flat tyres ain't an option anymore according to the agents. Even the most basic of Bimmers imported are equipped with RFT's. The strangest part is, whilst BMW is all gung-ho about running RFT's on their regular vehicles, don't seem to be confident enough to equip the M series cars with RFT's!

Please pardon me as I am a newbie with less than 100 posts.

Thought this is an open forum and every one can express their view with dignity, immaterial to seniority, number of posts, the vehicle they drive etc.....

Correct my understanding on above and greatly appreciate as I do like this forum and hoping to share my two cents as applicable.

By the way one suggestion, before we start shooting the dogs, shouldn't we at least busting the maniac drivers on E01 and all roads in Sri Lanka. For E01, I believe the maniacs and rule breakers will bring in more damage than the dogs.

A member's car doesn't and shouldn't matter here,but when a anonymous noob with zero credibility comes out of nowhere and compares me to the worst tyrant in history I am very offended and I must reply accordingly.

My point,is not about killing dogs.I'm not sadistic bastard who enjoys killing poor animals.But why spend billions when there are cheaper alternatives.Just cos some middle and higher class people feel sorry some stray dogs and go all PETA in front of their computers.Just think of the things we can do with that money instead...They can build houses for war veterans,better lives for IDPs or better roads for us motorists.Perhaps in the future SL will develop enough for us to worry about animal rights and spend millions on it,but at the moment we have far bigger problems and better uses for the little money we have.

• Like 3

A member's car doesn't and shouldn't matter here,but when a anonymous noob with zero credibility comes out of nowhere and compares me to the worst tyrant in history I am very offended and I must reply accordingly.

My point,is not about killing dogs.I'm not sadistic bastard who enjoys killing poor animals.But why spend billions when there are cheaper alternatives.Just cos some middle and higher class people feel sorry some stray dogs and go all PETA in front of their computers.Just think of the things we can do with that money instead...They can build houses for war veterans,better lives for IDPs or better roads for us motorists.Perhaps in the future SL will develop enough for us to worry about animal rights and spend millions on it,but at the moment we have far bigger problems and better uses for the little money we have.

Thank you for the clarification and do understand your anguish for comparing you to Hitler. But I was concerned about your comments regarding the number of posts, the vehicle type etc.....just out of the liking of this forum. Undoubtedly the forum has helped and will help many people. A newbie like myself should not get dishearten. Words of a senior member like you carry lot of weight.

I do agree with you about your comment regarding the PETA folks or so called animal lovers. I am not saying all are bad, but majority of the Animal Right stuff doesn't go any where.

My personnel view does not count here, but as a clarification I am more compassionate and also believe we as humans violate the nature with aggression. Personally I hope the authorities will do something long lasting than just shooting the animals. Frankly I do think the Road hog humans in SL are much worse than dogs. I am contemplating what can we do to benefit the society to become more road worthy drivers.............

Obviously your circle of friends are cheap and shouldn't buy a Subaru in the first place if they tend to do a conversation like that...Im sure that was your grandfathers Toyota another rust bucket in the family haha

Anyway waste of time talking to "Classic" JOKERS like you lets just continue with the highway talk....Have fun with your gay minor and your 60's music!!!

LOL true..bugger is very cheap.Once he took me to restaurant and bought me one normal wadey,not even a bloody isso wadey...Anyway he flogged off the B4 for 5 laks.and now he has an Aliion...Bloody fast car that allion.! I remember we dragged a B4 against the Allion and it whooped the legacy's ass by 5 car lengths.I kid you not...LOL mahloku flat 4 neda machan,I mean how delusional can these B4 owners be??? :)

OK boys, if you could stop going OT on what is otherwise a rather useful thread, I'd appreciate it. Any more of this personal insult trash gets removed. This IS your warning.

And MD, use your head man. There are better ways. Like figure out what was said. If you look carefully, you'll notice that what Carbon has actually said was, Hitler should have shot the Jews in the head instead of gassing them in order to save bullets. No comforting to the dead Jews either way. Why you want to get into argument with that.... I really dunno. I would have thought the argument should have been kill or not kill, rather that nit-pick the method of killing. But then, why give a damn? Views have been expressed, so case closed.

Anyways why does the B4 have very low market value these days?hmm maybe because its owned by people who can't afford a proper STi...goddamm posers!...a friend of mine bought one and he threw the original engine away then fitted a Toyota townace engine...he says it is now way faster than before... :)

I thought I had dropped this.... but this is the second time you are asking about why the B4 has a low market value ?

You seem to have a good automotive knowledge, and I am sure you will know the answer for this , the applies to the the Peugeot, VW etc. Its expensive to maintain and does very little on fuel. But there are people who still hold on to their B4's and maintain them in great shape. If you want I can run a list for you and believe me they can afford much better than a Sti 9 if they want to. Its stupid of you to compare a WRX Sti to a Legacy B4, and make foolish statement like people by a B4 so as to think they drive a Sti.

At no point did I insult the car you have or make fun of it... but you keep on trying to make fun of the B4 you also seem to think the car is " gay looking". Just look back and see what bullshit you have written... this is what I would define as pussification.

Dude you seriously need to grow up and stop making a fool of yourself. Having knowledge is one thing but having the decency to conduct oneself in a public forum is another, All your parents money is not going to buy you that...

I have to agree with Mini on this out chas try to avoid a dog and can kill or worse maim humans in the process

The dog menace on E01 is somewhat reduced now, How you may ask, Fled to peaceful habitat and got killed by speeding vehicles.If you have used the E01 , you can count the number of dead dogs.

Many vehicles got damaged and fortunately no casualties except for the cattle incident ,cost a driver two broken arms and multiple cuts. there could be an incident very soon pray for otherwise. Fences nets will take many months to lay and billions of rupees. Distance to Pinnaduwa is 97kms and thats nearly a 200km long fence. The lowest quotation received for this emergency project was from Shanghai Aojie wire mesh company, and thats US$ 7.65 a meter.No funds could be found for the project. Dog menace will be over naturally within the next few months but need to plaster the problem temporary before the next expressway catastrophe caused by stray dogs.

MINIACE

OK boys, if you could stop going OT on what is otherwise a rather useful thread, I'd appreciate it. Any more of this personal insult trash gets removed. This IS your warning.

And MD, use your head man. There are better ways. Like figure out what was said. If you look carefully, you'll notice that what Carbon has actually said was, Hitler should have shot the Jews in the head instead of gassing them in order to save bullets. No comforting to the dead Jews either way. Why you want to get into argument with that.... I really dunno. I would have thought the argument should have been kill or not kill, rather that nit-pick the method of killing. But then, why give a damn? Views have been expressed, so case closed.

Sorry, I did not see this before I posted.

Slight correction to what you have said, I never said Hitler should have shot the jews, what I said was the gassing was used for the mass execution as using bullets was costly and time consuming. This was quoted as MD felt the killing of the dogs was a better option than a fence, which also would have cost the govt of Sri Lanka money. Anyway the GOSL has a No Kill Policy for stray dogs AFAIK

Sorry, I did not see this before I posted.

Slight correction to what you have said, I never said Hitler should have shot the jews, what I said was the gassing was used for the mass execution as using bullets was costly and time consuming. This was quoted as MD felt the killing of the dogs was a better option than a fence, which also would have cost the govt of Sri Lanka money. Anyway the GOSL has a No Kill Policy for stray dogs AFAIK

You'd be wrong. The gassing was more costly and time consuming. It was done in instances early in the war, but high command realized it had a bad effect on the morale of the troops carrying out the killings. Soldiers generally don't like shooting unarmed civilians.

Also, little known fact, Hitler was trying to get rid of the Jews from Germany, not just kill them all. Early on there were considerations of shipping them out, Madagascar was the popular location, but it was too costly, too slow, and not feasible since they had to cross too much territory that the Royal Navy would get in the way.

Source is William L Shirer's book, the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

And since I was in the mood to look it up for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan

http://remember.org/guide/Facts.root.final.html

Some time back the vet faculty at peradeniya did sterilizing of stray dogs in the kandy city area as a pilot project. It was a more humane way than killing them. If the GOSL can implement this in other areas the stray dog menace can be controlled IMO.

Autolanka is a open forum any one can comment not just you and your forum buddies...

Oh thats very original..... By that definition, MD should also say exactly what he likes without you or the dude with the B4 getting all butthurt about it. Which kinda renders your previous posts Null and Void...

Sigh these noob nancy boys on AL nowadays have no imagination. At least the previous generation of lunatics were INTERESTING.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Supra_Natural

From 1st of january there will be 2 CTB buses and 2 Private buses operating on E01

Here we go.....

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

දක්‍ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ ජනවාරි පළමුවැනිදා සිට ධාවනය කිරීමට නියමිත සූඛෝපභෝගී බස්රථවල රියැදුරන්ට ප‍්‍රායෝගික පුහුණුවක් ලබාදීම කොට්ටාව පිවිසුම් මාර්ගයේ දී අද පැවැත්විණි.

අනුරාධපුරයේ සහ ගාල්ලේ පෞද්ගලික බස් සමාගම් දෙකක බස් රථ දෙකක් මුලින් ධාවනයට යෙදවීමට නියමිතය. කොට්ටාවේ සිට ගාල්ලට ටිකට් පතක මිල රුපියල් 400කි. වායු සමනය කළ බස්රියේ ආසන 42කි. බසය පැයට කිලෝමීටර් 100ට වැඩි වේගයෙන් ධාවනය කෙරෙන්නේ නම් අනතුරු ඇඟවීමේ සංඥාවක් හැඬවෙන බව ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාවේ නියෝජ්‍ය අධ්‍යක්‍ෂ ආරියසේන කුමාරපේලි පවසයි.

Here we go.....

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

දක්‍ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ ජනවාරි පළමුවැනිදා සිට ධාවනය කිරීමට නියමිත සූඛෝපභෝගී බස්රථවල රියැදුරන්ට ප‍්‍රායෝගික පුහුණුවක් ලබාදීම කොට්ටාව පිවිසුම් මාර්ගයේ දී අද පැවැත්විණි.

අනුරාධපුරයේ සහ ගාල්ලේ පෞද්ගලික බස් සමාගම් දෙකක බස් රථ දෙකක් මුලින් ධාවනයට යෙදවීමට නියමිතය. කොට්ටාවේ සිට ගාල්ලට ටිකට් පතක මිල රුපියල් 400කි. වායු සමනය කළ බස්රියේ ආසන 42කි. බසය පැයට කිලෝමීටර් 100ට වැඩි වේගයෙන් ධාවනය කෙරෙන්නේ නම් අනතුරු ඇඟවීමේ සංඥාවක් හැඬවෙන බව ජාතික ගමනාගමන කොමිෂන් සභාවේ නියෝජ්‍ය අධ්‍යක්‍ෂ ආරියසේන කුමාරපේලි පවසයි.

They just had to give to DS Gunasekara. just when the expressway was starting to feel a bit safe too <_<

Was on it today for the first time and saw the buses, and a few more 'suspicious' looking 'trip' buses... :)

Must say I am impressed. The driving of the other road users were great barring a few idiots in 2 Marutis, WP2010 numbered Land Cruiser and a fake Subaru WRX wannabe.

IMHO The fears over the speeding buses is unfounded as only a real idiot would drive recklessly on that road. A suicidal idiot.