• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Lol is assumption your new pastime? Or are you studying for a Ph.D in Insultation :)

I was simply coolly making my point, and here you are going all ape on me, righteously dissing my righteousness lol... now I wonder whose panties are in a twist... silk or not....... hmmmm :speechless-smiley-004:

or maybe it's a thong.lol.

If the person who wants to drive at 200, let him drive. Its his right and teh police is there to deal with it. If it ends up in disaters, ten its again his problem. Not anyone of you pansies's.

That would be wrong, its not his right. It is against the law, even if it isn't anyone on the forums job to enforce it. We aren't judge or jury. Trusting a guy to use his head is one thing, but its not his right to break the law. Like it or not.

Its like walking around shooting a gun in public. If you know the guy and know he is a good shot and won't hit anyone, you might grin, but that doesn't mean it won't alarm others. Could well alarm you if someone you didn't know started doing it. Just like it will alarm you if you see a "I have no brakes worth a damn" Maruti 800 come flying along at 100.

And stop being so damn aggressive, have a civilized chat without all this name calling. You're getting somewhat self righteous and preachy yourself with this ranting.

• Like 8

Oh look Peri, you seem to have got a fan club... :)

I am accused of many things, but self righteous is not one of them,,, ;)

However, I will take my chances with a guy like Bugatti doing 220kmph on the E01 than a moron in a Maruti or Nissan March on the Galle road doing 60kmph.

But I get your drift. Will not entertain the the ladies any further.

Edited by VVTi

the point is not the ability of the driver to control. Even if they are dead sure of themselves and their car, at such high speeds, he runs terrible risks. Especially on E01 with the wildlife and other drivers going slower. Plenty of instances where a dog might have crossed suddenly. Avoiding at 100 is one thing, avoiding at 200 is a whole different deal. E01 has pretty good safety mechanisms, and accidents at 100 will cause carnage, but 200 is sure death.

Wrong - with a capital W. If someone is clueless enough, 50kmh can kill - comfortably. There is no difference between 50 and 100 and 200 in that regard. At an expressway, the person going slower will always cause more issues than the person going fast. E01 and many other roads in our country has stretches that can support 300+ kmh and you don't need to find a purpose built road for that, but 100 is reasonable for public consumption and let's leave it at that. If someone AND his car can manage 200, then I do not hv an issue at all and neither should you. But since not everyone and every car can manage that - we could and maybe should worry when those type of people try to exceed their limits.... but I'm not worrying too much about getting killed through speed, when a prius going at 30 can cause more accidents rather than a GTR doing 300!

Edited by vishkid

wow someone's gotten outta the wrong side of the bed today... All I was saying is 200 is excessive and silly on our roads.

Have a good day!

Bro - you might hv got off on the wrong side. I can't speak for the accidents as I do not hv all the stats, but I can comfortably say that driving slow when not required and indecisively is the root of much of our traffic problems.

As long as the dumbass on his bullockcartmarutielitetrishawprius can chose to drive at 25kmh on a perfectly empty road on the right lane, there will be jackasses (like yours truly) who will wizz past at 200kmh on the left lane!

It's not up to you to control this - there is a law and a police in this land to do that!

Edited by vishkid

However, I will take my chances with a guy like Bugatti doing 220kmph on the E01 than a moron in a Maruti or Nissan March on the Galle road doing 60kmph.

Thats my point too, but its not his right. It is against the law. Thats a trust exercise.

As long as the dumbass on his bullockcartmarutielitetrishawprius can chose to drive at 25kmh on a perfectly empty road on the right lane, there will be jackasses (like yours truly) who will wizz past at 200kmh on the left lane!

Not that I care, but anyone who wants to oppose your viewpoint just needs to point out that two wrongs don't make a right. The overall wrong is that everyone is trying to take the easy way out instead of applying some discipline, and that means both types of asses.

Thats my point too, but its not his right. It is against the law. Thats a trust exercise.

Like I said, I'd rather its him doing 220Kmph on the E01 in his car than some moron who took advantage of the tax break recently and got a sub standard excuse for a car doing 60 on any road. And suddenly getting all self righteous.

Breaking of the law is a subjective matter as most of us are guilty of it on a DAILY basis. Doing anything above 50 on Duplication Rd is illegal, but how many of us stick to 50 whenever the road is clear? What is the legal limit on Marine Drive? 50? Or 100? THere are enough people here on AL itself who have admitted breaking the limits on the Marine Drive itself. Where you work... what is the speed limit leading to your office? 120?? My parents live on the other side and its a drag strip on most weekends.

No need to get all Law Abiding just becasue we suddenly got a 100Kms stretch of a highway with a 100Kph speed limit that some of us tend to push the limits, when we as a nation cant get the basics right when it comes to Road Manners.

You don't need to be a moron, even for the best of drivers the luck runs out someday.... So far there has been no fatality on the E01, so lets try to keep it that way....

As Senna entered the high-speed Tamburello corner on lap 7, the car left the track at around 205 mph (330 km/h), hitting the concrete retaining wall at around 135 mph (217 km/h), with Senna having a weak heartbeat and significant blood loss (approximately 4.5 liters). Because of Senna's poor neurological condition, Professor Watkins performed an on site tracheotomy and requested the immediate airlifting of Senna to Bologna's Maggiore Hospital, where he was declared dead hours later.

Eh?...What has Senna's death got to do with Buggati speeding on the E1?...luck? lol....Let mew guess,you saw the movie and thought you'd also jump in the bandwagon eh,..LOL these new mushroom Senna fanboys are the worst,Sadly they are the loudest too.

• Like 1

No need to get all Law Abiding just becasue we suddenly got a 100Kms stretch of a highway with a 100Kph speed limit that some of us tend to push the limits, when we as a nation cant get the basics right when it comes to Road Manners.

How do you expect us as a nation to get the basics right if you refuse to do it in the first place? :P "You must be the change you Wish to see in this world". I think that was Gandhi.

Anyway, I'm not preaching on the speeding issue, I've done it myself and probably will keep doing so as long as I have confidence in my vehicle and myself. Its wrong, its breaking the law, but I'll probably do it anyway. Just saying you don't have to go name calling people who don't agree with you.

• Like 1

Eh?...What has Senna's death got to do with Buggati speeding on the E1?...luck? lol....Let mew guess,you saw the movie and thought you'd also jump in the bandwagon eh,..LOL these new mushroom Senna fanboys are the worst,Sadly they are the loudest too.

Hello... its u again :) Listen, I don't want to get in to an argument with you as there is one going on here already about silk panties and thongs......

The guy doing 220 kms on the E01 had mentioned that only morons who don't know to drive crash and die. Senna was a great driver, not a moron, but he still lost his life. Whats this movie you are talking of ?

Not that I care, but anyone who wants to oppose your viewpoint just needs to point out that two wrongs don't make a right. The overall wrong is that everyone is trying to take the easy way out instead of applying some discipline, and that means both types of asses.

Yeah - that's what I meant - one's a dumbass, the other is a j***a$$. What we don't need is moral policing ;)

Trying to avoid the dog would be the reason for some of these crashes. You're better off with a blood splattered fender than a totally wrecked car.

You'd think that but your natural instinct is to swerve away from whatever is in your path. Its tough to counter that instinct.

I almost lost it last night swerving around road debris. The safest thing to have done would have been to brake in a straight and run over whatever it may have been (looked like some lightish looking packing material) but it was all over before I could even process the thought.

Crap scene on the E01 what with all those dogs, monitor lizards and peacocks running around...

Edited by Kavvz

oh man.. this is why i love AL.. so thongs panties and speeding... wow... let me see if i can put those things together.. if u go fast enough maybe they might come off... i am a firm beliver that u should know ur own ride and ur self before u do anything out of the ordinary... most people in SL dont seem to know that.. all this batta van buggers and small shitty cars were always speeding in duplication road and galle road when they first came out.. even those moped buggers were maxing thier bikes out... now that is moronic and downright stuipid.. and frankly i am happy that most of these undermaintaned cars are breaking down in the highway... those poor cars cant keep up with that speed for hours u know... as for speeding bugatti can handle it.. but i am not sure about all the other people on the road though....

Hello... its u again :) Listen, I don't want to get in to an argument with you as there is one going on here already about silk panties and thongs......

The guy doing 220 kms on the E01 had mentioned that only morons who don't know to drive crash and die. Senna was a great driver, not a moron, but he still lost his life. Whats this movie you are talking of ?

If I remember correctly, the great Senna did not die of driver error. His steering column failed and no amount of skill will save you from that.

lol... AL sure is fun when you drop a match :) to think all I ever said was 220 seemed excessive :D no moral policing at all, just that I thought it's dumb to think you own the road and can do what you want on it, no matter how sure you are :)

man where are u living.. in SL everyone thinks they own the road... its the survival of the fitest.. and i acutally miss that in this boring country.. my leg goes to sleep in this place... bascially if u are timied u are gonna get pushed around in the road... thats what it is... except it and live..

• Like 2

man where are u living.. in SL everyone thinks they own the road... its the survival of the fitest.. and i acutally miss that in this boring country.. my leg goes to sleep in this place... bascially if u are timied u are gonna get pushed around in the road... thats what it is... except it and live..

Haha I know what you mean bro, it's a fun, scary, testing Sri Lanka out there on the normal roads, but my point was about E01 specifically :) things should be different there don't you think? ;)