• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car To Buy Between 2.5-3.0 Million?

L.D.Silva

Question

Hello Experts,

I'm planning to buy a car but I haven't got a very good knowledge about cars. I have budget of 2.5 to 3.0 million. Whats is the best car to buy which would be economical,low maintenance cost,with safety features,good handling and having good resale value?

Your advice and help highly appreciated.

22 answers to this question

Hello Experts,

I'm planning to buy a car but I haven't got a very good knowledge about cars. I have budget of 2.5 to 3.0 million. Whats is the best car to buy which would be economical,low maintenance cost,with safety features,good handling and having good resale value?

Your advice and help highly appreciated.

Do you want a brand new car or a recon, or do you not mind buying something already registered?

If registered is ok, a Toyota Corolla 121 should fit within your budget

Dear Colleagues, Thanks for all posts. Following cars to were listed as suggestions after my research. What could be the best option? what are the suggestion for a unregistered car?

1. Suzuki Swift (Indian) MY 11/12 Milage >50000km - Price 2 -2.2mn

2. Suzuki Swift (Japan) MY 08/09 Milage>70000km - Price 2.5 -2.7mn

3. Toyota Yaris MY 08/09 Milage>70000km - Price 2.7 -3.0mn

4. Mitsubishi CS1 MY 03/04 Milage>60000km - Price 2.0-2.4mn

5. Masda Demio 2.5Mn

6. Honda ES5 /ES8 Milage>100000km MY04/05 2.6-2.8mn

7. Toyota 121 - Milage>80000km MY04/05 2.5-3.2mn

8. Nissan N16/N17 - 2.2-2.6mn

Depends on what your requirements are and their priority.

If economy prominent:

121. Not sure of the engine capacity of the yaris. If 1000cc, won't do well

If after sales prominent:

121, yaris, swift,

If drive dynamics prominent:

Honda, demio, jap swift

If maintenance ease prominent

Toyota, Suzuki, Mazda, Honda

The Nissan is just a shitty car IMO.

If you stretch your budget a little bit more you might be able to get a unreg vitz or probably a Honda fit or a fit hybrid. Dont think any Japanese unreg sedans will be available for that price range.

From your list and your needs I would choose the yaris. Afaik the yaris came brand new and its 1300CC. Also try to find a Belta 1300 it comes with cvt. 2nd choice would be the 121 simply because its little too old, over priced and hard to find a good maintained one. Then comes the civic and the Lancer. If its a hatchback I would choose the Swift and then the demio.

Also I wouldn’t consider the 1st option at all. Instead include a 141 perhaps? But from what I've heard it’s not very economical.

Edited by Reckless

Dear Colleagues, Thanks for all posts. Following cars to were listed as suggestions after my research. What could be the best option? what are the suggestion for a unregistered car?

5. Masda Demio 2.5Mn

Get the 121, it best suits your needs.. just make you sure you inspect and get a well kept car. It'll serve you well.

5. Masda Demio 2.5Mn

1. Japanese Swift.

2. Mazda Demio

3. Honda ES

• Like 1

Depends on what your requirements are and their priority. If economy prominent: 121. Not sure of the engine capacity of the yaris. If 1000cc, won't do well If after sales prominent: 121, yaris, swift, If drive dynamics prominent: Honda, demio, jap swift If maintenance ease prominent Toyota, Suzuki, Mazda, Honda The Nissan is just a shitty car IMO.

machan, Just wanted to know why you had to dis the N16 ? I'm in the look for one, so wanted to hear few opinions :)

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for all posts. What do you think of following options?

Honda Fit Hybrid - 2012 Un- Registered - How would be Hybrid Battery life/Maintenance?

Toyota 121or Honda ES5 - What are the goods and bads of these types? Why everyone recommends 121?

Thanks.

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for all posts. What do you think of following options?

Honda Fit Hybrid - 2012 Un- Registered - How would be Hybrid Battery life/Maintenance?

Toyota 121or Honda ES5 - What are the goods and bads of these types? Why everyone recommends 121?

Thanks.

That's because you didn't sound like a experienced motorist. 121 is economical, easy to maintain, spares are cheap and there are no known major problems with this model. Just go for the 121.

How is the Tiida compared to the Belta?

Though the tiida latio looks ugly it has a 1500cc engine, has better ground clearance that the belta, has very good leg space and boot space and the interior looks a bit better than of the belta. Otherwise both cars are pretty much the same. No idea about maintenance cost of sapre parts etc though.

Though the tiida latio looks ugly it has a 1500cc engine, has better ground clearance that the belta, has very good leg space and boot space and the interior looks a bit better than of the belta. Otherwise both cars are pretty much the same. No idea about maintenance cost of sapre parts etc though.

i know this is gonna sound crazy, i actually like the Tiida in white color with tinted glasses and alloys. Its that beige color one offered for permit i hate

• Like 1