• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Or Mitsu?

Bracket

Question

Guys,

I'm posting this on behalf of one of my friend who's going to buy a vehicle (B/N)

He was about to go for a Honda, honda City to be exact. I recommended him the mitsubishi lancer beacuse it is a japanese vehicle while Honda is an indian made one.

Both the cars are in same price bracket - 3.5 mil, but the city comes loaded with all the accessories including paddle shift too, my friend said.

So guys, if it were you, what would you buy? Mind this car is a keeper, he bought a permit for 8 lakhs and He won't be replacing the car in 5 years. Plus, he's doing a 60km drive a day, so good fuel economy and reliability is expected. He was about to buy a prius but after seeing recently toyota has did a mass recall, he has changed his mind.

Edited by Bracket

Changing his mind due to Toyota doing a mass recall of the nature they did is rather silly. All manufacturers do recalls. Its that the lobby against Toyota is so that they get better publicity.

On the matter of which is better, purely on the experience of the last City I would say that the Japanese made Lancer would be a better buy. The Indian made cars quality has improved a lot, but with all of that you still see minor imperfections particularly in the interior which you won't find in the Japanese equivelants. Most components of the City is Made in Japan I believe. Also the City is not the same class of car as the Lancer, as the Civic is the proper equivelant and the City is a little smaller.

Changing his mind due to Toyota doing a mass recall of the nature they did is rather silly. All manufacturers do recalls. Its that the lobby against Toyota is so that they get better publicity.

On the matter of which is better, purely on the experience of the last City I would say that the Japanese made Lancer would be a better buy. The Indian made cars quality has improved a lot, but with all of that you still see minor imperfections particularly in the interior which you won't find in the Japanese equivelants. Most components of the City is Made in Japan I believe. Also the City is not the same class of car as the Lancer, as the Civic is the proper equivelant and the City is a little smaller.

Exactly

• Like 1

Thanks Don and magnum. To tell you the truth, I'm guilty for telling him about the recall and changing his mind to buy a non hybrid vehicle :/ So he did his research and came up with the city. There are many many great reviews of the city in forums and youtube while there are almost no reviews of the lancer, I wonder why. So I thought it's time to seek expert's advice. :D

These days the internet is full of indians posting their dumbass opinions. That genre of lancer is not sold in india. Hence the number of reviews will be skewed.

@Crosswind

Indians are getting frustrated with mitsu it seems... They want the lancer so bad...

12615595685_bb41d8c005_o.png

@Kush: When searched with the term GLX there's a one review (phillipines) but city has got dozens (although almost all the reviews are by indian owners or indian websites such as autocar)

@Schiffer : I'm very glad to hear it machang :D

@The buyer, my friend : see mate , I did you a huge favor by stopping you from buying a prius!!! :D :D So consider a Lancer, will ya? :)

Oooh...c'mon braket...we know you want to put up HSD sticker on your Lancer and make believe :)

I have to agree with Magnum on this though...there is nothing wrong with a Prius for what it is (a soulless elaborate econo box); it is just the dang owners who put themselves on a high chair because of these things. Yes I don't own a Prius or a Hybrid because so far there hasn't been one that meets my needs...thus the only vehicle with a Hybrid engine I own would be Little Red Riding Hood <no I don't call her that>

Its the overall feel of a hybrid.

you get it when you drive long distance in one. its just sort of not right, i don't no how to explain it properly.

and dont forget, the prius does more enviormental damage in the long run.

also biggest of all. is the owners. Cali for example

We all advise people based on our preferences, but in the end it's that guy who has to live with the car and drive it. And no disrespect to the buyer, but I highly doubt if the guy will know the difference in driving pleasure between a Prius, City or Lancer.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the lancer probably has the highest fuel consumption of the three cars right? So if you do the math, he does about 1800km a month, and even a 2kmpl difference in consumption (between the City and Lancer) would come to about Rs.6500 difference in fuel cost. And a LOT more if you compare it with a Prius. To some of us here we would gladly spend that extra for the joy of driving, but for the average Joe like bracket's friend, do you really think it's worth it??

So let's get off the Lancer bandwagon for a while and look at the BUYER's requirement. Hand's down, it's the Prius.

• Like 1

They can actually run more than 5/7 years tho. but if any electric motor repair comes its gonna be a big trouble. my neighbours 2nd gen prius was making a loud trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise.

i donno what exactly he did, but he said it cost him nearly 700k to fix that thing. im guessing he had to replace the motor?

but these are rare cases

Edited by Schiffer

To tell you the truth, I'm guilty for telling him about the recall and changing his mind to buy a non hybrid vehicle :/ So he did his research and came up with the city.

reminds me of the vadura and the dali pihiya fable

We all advise people based on our preferences, but in the end it's that guy who has to live with the car and drive it. And no disrespect to the buyer, but I highly doubt if the guy will know the difference in driving pleasure between a Prius, City or Lancer.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the lancer probably has the highest fuel consumption of the three cars right? So if you do the math, he does about 1800km a month, and even a 2kmpl difference in consumption (between the City and Lancer) would come to about Rs.6500 difference in fuel cost. And a LOT more if you compare it with a Prius. To some of us here we would gladly spend that extra for the joy of driving, but for the average Joe like bracket's friend, do you really think it's worth it??

So let's get off the Lancer bandwagon for a while and look at the BUYER's requirement. Hand's down, it's the Prius.

I'm with Dili on this one. In this day and age of high fuel bills there 's no shame in fuel consumption getting the highest priority when choosing a car.

Edited by xXx