• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Planing To Buy Suzuki Zen

ruki009

Question

10 answers to this question

Hi all, I am new to this forum and direct me if this matter is already been discussed already.

I am planing to buy a Suzuki Zen and let me know about expert thoughts?

Year 2005 - 2006 (J or K number)

Hi Ruki009,

Here is a small note until the owners & experts give their comments.

On the area that you have mentioned i would prefer Alto or better Alto K10 over the Zen. Even i have driven the Estilo which is a spacious car in this line up and has a smoother ride than others.

But above all i liked the Viva Elite. We have discussed a lot about Viva Elite so not going to talk about it. This is just what i think and may be wrong. I would try to extend my budget to buy a Viva and buying a Zen.

Viva Elite > Zen Estilo > Alto K10 > Alto > Zen are my preferences.

Sorry for not talking about your question but honestly wanted to give you a better option than the Zen which i did not like much but still falls in same budget range with a slight difference.

KMeeg.

• Like 1

Hi Ruki009,

On the area that you have mentioned i would prefer Alto or better Alto K10 over the Zen. Even i have driven the Estilo which is a spacious car in this line up and has a smoother ride than others.

But above all i liked the Viva Elite. We have discussed a lot about Viva Elite so not going to talk about it. This is just what i think and may be wrong. I would try to extend my budget to buy a Viva and buying a Zen.

Sorry for not talking about your question but honestly wanted to give you a better option than the Zen which i did not like much but still falls in same budget range with a slight difference.

KMeeg.

I agree with his suggestion. You can do better for the same price than Zen. Other than what is mentioned here ,if you could add 1or 2 more lacks you can go for swift jeep model, march k12, kelisa or even a starlet which are trustworthy than Indian Marutis

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

You are talking about facelift model.

This is my experience with Zen.

We owned a ZEN diesel variant(ZEN-D) brand new car and it was one of the first two diesel Zens imported to Sri Lanka; 65-544X. YOM-1999).

(Zen had a diesel variant which used the Peugeot's TUD5 (PSA TU engine) engine.)

ZEN-D always gave good fuel economy around 17km/l, but handling is bit difficult until you are familiar with the vehicle. It is due to lack of power steering in Diesel variant. Diesel Engine also much heavier than petrol engine.

I have driven petrol variant as well and petrol variant is much comfortable in handling than diesel variant due to availability of power steering.

Few cars are here with Automatic transmission as well.

Zen is a spacious car in hatchback range. Interior is much better than Maruti 800 or Tata Indica.

We have used Maruti Suzuki, Alto (35,000km), Zen , Wagon R(74,000km) in my family and non of given us even a single engine trouble. But I must say check for corrosions before you buy. This is very common with Mariti Suzuki.

Properly maintained Zen car at reasonable price is not a bad idea and if you can little stretch your budget, Perodua Kelisa is also a good option.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

We owned a ZEN diesel variant(ZEN-D) brand new car and it was one of the first two diesel Zens imported to Sri Lanka; 65-544X. YOM-1999).

(Zen had a diesel variant which used the Peugeot's TUD5 (PSA TU engine) engine.)

ZEN-D always gave good fuel economy around 17km/l, but handling is bit difficult until you are familiar with the vehicle. It is due to lack of power steering in Diesel variant. Diesel Engine also much heavier than petrol engine.

I have driven petrol variant as well and petrol variant is much comfortable in handling than diesel variant due to availability of power steering.

Few cars are here with Automatic transmission as well.

Zen is a spacious car in hatchback range. Interior is much better than Maruti 800 or Tata Indica.

We have used Maruti Suzuki, Alto (35,000km), Zen , Wagon R(74,000km) in my family and non of given us even a single engine trouble. But I must say check for corrosions before you buy. This is very common with Mariti Suzuki.

Properly maintained Zen car at reasonable price is not a bad idea and if you can little stretch your budget, Perodua Kelisa is also a good option.

Never driven a Zen diesel before. Since you said its a spacious car i assume you are talking about the Zen Estilo. Am i wrong? BCos the older Zen i drove did not felt spacious but it was pretty convenient to drive as even the older models came with options like Power steering, power shutters over the Alto. But if you are talking about the Zen Estilo sure i love it. It's a very spacious car in the Maruti line up and a smooth ride compared to other cars in Maruti Lineup.

On a note about Kelisa, it does not come with DVVT engine right? So wouldn't it better to go for atleast a Viva 660cc? When they initially came i got a Black one with factory fitted alloy wheels. Black look good since the mirrors and bumper is not body colored and they are black. But again i know we have discuss these in our Viva thread. May be "ruki009" can have a look at that too.

KMeeg.

Thanks for the valuable feedbacks guys.

@ Sampath Gunasekera,: I was looking for Maruti Zen petrol car.

Hi Ruki009,

KMeeg.

Tks nd Noted about the preferences, but my budget is around 12 Laks. and I found couple of Zen's around 11- 12 range.

I think cars u have mentioned about comes above that range and I understand adding few lacks will make that goal. :)

wanted to know how is the Zen petrol km/l.Maintenance etc?, heard petrol is around 12-13 km/l.

Also, as I have seen, Zen has a low second hand market?

so for the moment, my only concern is the reselling price. :(

PS : As per u guys suggestions, Im starting to think of Alto and Kelisa from now on. :)

Welcome to the forum.

Ah.. so u were the original owner of that car...

U know nowadays it keeps changing hands every week...

Ah.. so u were the original owner of that car...

U know nowadays it keeps changing hands every week...

May be you are talking about the same car. However I have seen 4 - 5 Zen-D cars here and all are with 65- plates.

It was imported under my aunty's permit.

7 years a go i had a zen vxi model.i think its better than maruti 800 & alto(indian)because of its looks , 1100cc engine with 5 forward gear box,power shtters,& power steering.it has a good pulling power,i dont know about alto.but i f we compared to maruti 800.zen is economical than maruti 800.i dont konow about car market today.bt iin my case i bought my car for 10 lacks( in 2007)& sold it in 2010 for 11.50 very easyly

7 years a go i had a zen vxi model.i think its better than maruti 800 & alto(indian)because of its looks , 1100cc engine with 5 forward gear box,power shtters,& power steering.it has a good pulling power,i dont know about alto.but i f we compared to maruti 800.zen is economical than maruti 800.i dont konow about car market today.bt iin my case i bought my car for 10 lacks( in 2007)& sold it in 2010 for 11.50 very easyly

Thanks for post.

My only concern at the moment is the second hand value of the car.

Therefore Zen that I am looking for is low mileage (even though the year 2005/2006).Hope that will also encourage to have a good resale value. :)