• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suitable Car For Tourism...

snoopdogg

Question

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a car for tourism or rent for a company. My budget is around 30laks. I am expecting fuel economy, low maintenance cost and durability.The only car that I have my mind is Axio. Is that good for tourism? Please suggest me any different suitable car for tourism. Please advice.

Thanks

10 answers to this question

I must ask, is there a money in tourism now? Since most tourist who flocks to Sri Lanka are not the big spenders. Every hotel along the Hikkaduwa stretch claims that they earn more from locals who come for the day or a couple of days than the Foreigners. Can it be true?

Edited by VVTi

I do live in near very famous tourism road stretch[A9 road b/w Dambulla & Kandy]. Most of the cars I see do tourism are axios and micro[geely]mx7. see occasional allions,prius, elentras and N16/17 also. So I think Axio is a good pick. And what about Prius? Cos Prius has big luggage space[reminds me station wagons were{more often lancers-before Toyota became popular} popular for tourism in eighties] and fuel economy.

Edited by luckey007

Thanks All for the valuable advises. I talked with few peoples who is in the tourism field. As per their details 2007/2008 Axios are too old for the tourism. The companies asking newer cars that YOM above 2010/ 2011. I cant spend that much of money for a car. And the other thing is Most foreigners are coming in groups. So there are only few hires for cars. So finally I decided to buy a land excepting a car. Thanks again for the replies guys.

• Like 1

If you did a simple search on the forum you would quite a few threads related to this.

Choosing to buy land with your money is a good choice. Firstly because the tourism/car market is starting to get saturated especially with people coming in larger groups, and the cheapo tourist who take the train or a public bus. A relative of mine also bought a prius and is planning to use it for tourism. He's done his research and is quite optimistic, but i'll reserve my comments till I see how he does with his venture.

• Like 1