• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Fuel Injector Cleaning

Hushaard

Hi All

OK so, I did a search of the forums to see if anyone had posted anything on this topic, but no such luck, actually the web seems not to have any reliable info on this

I have a 2012 Aqua that has done about 22000 Kms and am interested in getting a fuel injector cleaner (additive) to see if there is any performance difference. but cant find any info on this online other than o be careful because there is a bladder in the tank of hybrids.

No, Im not having any issues with the car, but would like to know

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

If you don't have a problem with your Aqua why would you want to clean the injectors and that too at 22,000 kms? Just enjoy your ride. However, if you are still concerned use a coffee filter or something to filter out all the dirt in gasoline before you pour it to the tank :D. ie if you can make up your mind to go that far.

Hi All

OK so, I did a search of the forums to see if anyone had posted anything on this topic, but no such luck, actually the web seems not to have any reliable info on this

I have a 2012 Aqua that has done about 22000 Kms and am interested in getting a fuel injector cleaner (additive) to see if there is any performance difference. but cant find any info on this online other than o be careful because there is a bladder in the tank of hybrids.

Thanks

If you are expecting that 1km/litre extra economy with cleaned injectors, then forget it.

If you want an additive, try 3M or Wurth Fuel System Cleaner. I had a chat with Dhammika Fernando sometime back about Fuel System Cleaners and he was skeptic about those. Finally recommended Valvoline, if I really was in a mood to pour stuff other than petrol to the petrol tank.

I used to use a cleaner on my Viva elite once every 10,000 kms and the car actually felt better, now with the aqua Im interested in continuing the practice, but held back because of the Tank Bladder I have heard about, I definitely dont want to cause issues to the car but would still like to do what ever I can to ensure she keeps running smoothly

I used to use a cleaner on my Viva elite once every 10,000 kms and the car actually felt better, now with the aqua Im interested in continuing the practice, but held back because of the Tank Bladder I have heard about, I definitely dont want to cause issues to the car but would still like to do what ever I can to ensure she keeps running smoothly

At 22,000km injector cleaning is unnecessary unless u landed a poor batch of fuel or you've been using via cans etc to refill (common in the estate sector)

Also misuse of these injector cleaners can end up ruining them, leading to a bigger expense trying to gain an economy that was never there.

You are better off spending this money and time on routine maintenance ( Service ) with all genuine gear.

Edited by tiv

Hi All

Thanks

Come see me with a full tank of gas and I will give your car the mythical 'Italian tune up' everyone speaks of. That's all it needs. And for you dear Sir, I will charge you only a mere Rs. 1000, inclusive of all tax. Oops no advertising for profit on the forum, so I guess you get this special service for free! Your lucky day then! Free Italian tune-up by a Sri Lankan! Don't miss this wonderful opportunity! Too bad you missed the recent Awurudu holiday. The Italian tune-up was readily available during the holidays; but no worries I think I can still squeeze you in on a Sunday morning or so...

Edit: I'm joking. The posters above are probably right, and I'm just mouthing off. For what its worth though, I used to put in a bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner before every other service, (about 10,000km I guess) but haven't bothered to do that in a while, and haven't noticed a difference...

Edited by Kavvz

• 5 months later...
After adding a fuel injector cleaner, do we have to run at a stretch a long run for to get the real effect?

Normally I run with a full tank for a month or so, so is it okay if i put an additive to the tank and just run 2, 3 days a week or should I run everyday to get the real effect?

It is always better to finish it as soon as possible - in a week or so if not at a stretch. It is not a good idea to keep the cleaning agent inside the tank for too long because we do not know if there is an adverse effect on fuel pump rubber parts, for example. Better play safe!

It is always better to finish it as soon as possible - in a week or so if not at a stretch. It is not a good idea to keep the cleaning agent inside the tank for too long because we do not know if there is an adverse effect on fuel pump rubber parts, for example. Better play safe!

True, you are correct... Thanks for the advice Rumesh :)