• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I Just Need To Know What This Sticker Says.....

alpha17

hey guys....

i just found this sticker on the driver's side inner door panel.i know it says something about the tire sizes.but anyway i don't know what it exactly says.i'm currently running all 4 tires 175/70R14.front is nankang comfort and rear is gt champiro..i know both brands sucks and it is time to change the rear ones.so i have these doubts about this sticker.

-does it says that front tires should be 175/70R14 84S and rear tiers should be 185/70R14 88S ?

-or does it says that all tires should be 175/70R14 84S or either 185/70R14 88S ?

-when i visited the tire store they said that i could go for Continental 185/70R14 (Malaysian Made) for Rs.10800.(btw here in kegalle we don't have a vast selection of brands)is it good to go for?

please share ur ideas.

post-49623-0-58509800-1449216700_thumb.j

It is mentioning only about the tire pressure. Its not recommending the tire size. Either you could use 175/70RR14 or 185/70R14 and recommended tire pressure is 210 kPa or 2.1 kgcm2. (It's 30.45 psi which we all are familiar in the air pressure gauge).

For emergency tire T125/70D15 or T125/70D16, recommended tire pressure is 420 kPa or 4.2 kgcm2

Edited by gayanath

You can use one of the two tire sizes indicated. Your tire pressures all around are supposed to be 210kPa, which is the equivalent of 30psi. The tire size on the center section is the spare tire size i.e. gal tire, which is identified by the very narrow width of 125mm. The D stands for diagonal belt pattern, as opposed to R for radial, which is what most of us use.

• Like 1

hey guys....

i just found this sticker on the driver's side inner door panel.i know it says something about the tire sizes.but anyway i don't know what it exactly says.i'm currently running all 4 tires 175/70R14.front is nankang comfort and rear is gt champiro..i know both brands sucks and it is time to change the rear ones.so i have these doubts about this sticker.

-does it says that front tires should be 175/70R14 84S and rear tiers should be 185/70R14 88S ?

-or does it says that all tires should be 175/70R14 84S or either 185/70R14 88S ?

-when i visited the tire store they said that i could go for Continental 185/70R14 (Malaysian Made) for Rs.10800.(btw here in kegalle we don't have a vast selection of brands)is it good to go for?

please share ur ideas.

As your tyre size and pressure problem is solved by the forum members, there was a previous thread for good tyre brands and their prices. Do a search and decide which suits you. I'm sure you might be coming to Colombo at least once a month as it's not far from Kegalle. Try to get tyres from Colombo as they are a bit cheaper and a lot of good brands to choose from.