• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need help to decide

pontiac_gto

Question

Hi all,

Im living abroad and planned to buy a sports car. I have plenty of options within  my budget so its bit difficult to choose most suitable option. Fuel economy, comfortability, after marker etc are not my concerns. Im expecting only driving pleasure or the othet words driving fun. Available options as follows.

2002 Evo 7 GTA
98 evo 6 gsr
2001 wrx sti
2007 legacy b4
2003 fairlady z 
2006 Bmw 3 series 320i
2003 rx8

Personally i like evo 7 or beemer but still confusing. As experts what you guys think. Which one is the better option to fullfil my requirement. 

Thanks for your time

12 hours ago, iRage said:

can recall only one blue Presea...other than that can't remember any ! Then again never paid attention to them anyway. 

Aha....that makes sense...but don't you think you will spend and lose more money on registration fees than the cost of the cars if you just swap them every few months ? Then again if you are going to sell it off after a few months...the purpose of this thread is also lost ne ?

I have an Aussie friend who has the same fever....he buys clean units..uses it and then ships it off to AUS. Then I know a few Sri Lankans who buy accident damaged Aquas and then fixes them use them and ships it to SL :). What I am hinting is perhaps you can buy these cars..use them and then have them stripped and sold off as conversion units to SL :D. Your value addition would be the fact that you can guarantee they were road worthy good condition cars I Japan.

Agree with you about cost. Moving between cars is money wasting. But  i love cars . In sri lanka i cant afford these type of cars. Coz we have to spend atleast 30laks for one of a car listed above. In my point of view it is no meaning of earning money if we dont do stuff that we want to do ne. Btw im not goin to export them to sl for parts. :P

Depends on what you “want” really. Do you want AWD grip (WRX, Evo) or a proper RWD sports coupe (the Z)?  The uniqueness of rotary engine (RX8) or a relatively comfortable cruiser (320i)? Do you need seating for 4 or just one passenger?

My preference would be in this order:

Top 3:

** 2002 Evo 7 GTA – proper AWD turbo performance, plenty of after-market support/additions available.

** 98 evo 6 gsr – same as above, but older model
** 2003 fairlady z – designed to be sports car from ground up, reliable non-turbo v6 power.

The rest:

** 2001 wrx sti – quite ok for a cheap performance car, but I prefer a 4g63 over an ej20 for performance upgrades and ‘easier to work on‘ factor.

** 2007 legacy b4 – I presume non-turbo, 3.0R spec? More a powerful cruiser than a raw performance car, personally not a big fan of heavy larger cars for driving fun
** 2006 Bmw 3 series 320i – apart from great steering feel, this is underpowered and nowhere near in terms of performance compared to the cars above

** 2003 rx8 – as far as I am concerned, a bit of a failure from Mazda

So yeah, I would go Evo or Z..!

Edited by MrCat

3 hours ago, pontiac_gto said:

Agree with you about cost. Moving between cars is money wasting. But  i love cars . In sri lanka i cant afford these type of cars. Coz we have to spend atleast 30laks for one of a car listed above. In my point of view it is no meaning of earning money if we dont do stuff that we want to do ne. Btw im not goin to export them to sl for parts. :P

true...and for 30laks what you get is a conversion and not the "real" thing. Sometimes stripping these old cars is a waste/crime because the donor car is in much much better shape than the donor receiver.

Your money...your decision...true....like they say YOLO so you might as well do what money is supposed to do :) 

6 hours ago, MrCat said:

Depends on what you “want” really. Do you want AWD grip (WRX, Evo) or a proper RWD sports coupe (the Z)?  The uniqueness of rotary engine (RX8) or a relatively comfortable cruiser (320i)? Do you need seating for 4 or just one passenger?

My preference would be in this order:

Top 3:

** 2002 Evo 7 GTA – proper AWD turbo performance, plenty of after-market support/additions available.

** 98 evo 6 gsr – same as above, but older model
** 2003 fairlady z – designed to be sports car from ground up, reliable non-turbo v6 power.

The rest:

** 2001 wrx sti – quite ok for a cheap performance car, but I prefer a 4g63 over an ej20 for performance upgrades and ‘easier to work on‘ factor.

** 2007 legacy b4 – I presume non-turbo, 3.0R spec? More a powerful cruiser than a raw performance car, personally not a big fan of heavy larger cars for driving fun
** 2006 Bmw 3 series 320i – apart from great steering feel, this is underpowered and nowhere near in terms of performance compared to the cars above

** 2003 rx8 – as far as I am concerned, a bit of a failure from Mazda

So yeah, I would go Evo or Z..!

But evo gta is auto right? If so i think evo 6 gsr is the best option by forgetting the age.