• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whirring sound and Radiator Fan Running

Quiet

Hi all,

I noticed today after about 250Km run. (Very Heavy footed) the radiator fan kept running after ignition off for about 2 min and there was a whirring sound for another 15-30 sec. It's my Mazda. 

Is it normal cos it has not done that before and non of my previous cars or my  Vezel has done that.

Thnx

45 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

This is worse than the guy who complained of smoke comming from a pipe at the back of his car,...:D:D:D

Really? How so?

@Quiet, You may want to refer your owner's manual with regard to the whirring sound. Is this whirring sound coming from the engine as well?

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Really? How so?

@Quiet, You may want to refer your owner's manual with regard to the whirring sound. Is this whirring sound coming from the engine as well?

Oh well the manual says radiator fan working after ignition off is normal.  I can't find any info about the other sound. There are few posts in the net about the same sound I guess.

I ll ask agents next time I go there what that is.

sorry guys, not a vehicle expert ?

5 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

This is worse than the guy who complained of smoke comming from a pipe at the back of his car,...:D:D:D

if you are unable to help OP, please just back-off.

2 hours ago, Quiet said:

sorry guys, not a vehicle expert ?

Dont be, this is 100% valid question and more members will refer this latter. so please try to report back whatever the information you have once you solved this problem.

4 hours ago, Davy said:

Really? How so?

The vehice is being driven in a hot climate, I would not be fazed by it but just check the coolant level in the expansion tank.then move to further checks in-depth,...

:closedeyes:

p.S.  Most of our drivers don't look at the temp gauge even when the engine is steaming ,..!

Edited by Twin Turbo

41 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

The vehice is being driven in a hot climate, I would not be fazed by it but just check the coolant level in the expansion tank.then move to further checks in-depth,...

:closedeyes:

p.S.  Most of our drivers don't look at the temp gauge even when the engine is steaming ,..!

While the fans running for longer is normal when the coolant has reached a certain temperature, the concern here is about a whirring sound which I think is perfectly okay to be concerned about, because sounds emitted before or after a vehicle is switched on/off is not really identical on every car.