• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

low fuel consumption- fb15

Supun128

I own nissan Fb15 new shell (YoM-2003) and fuel consumption of car is very low. it only does around 8 Km/Ltr city limits and out station it does around 9 Km/ Ltr. Once I changed the air flow sensor  but the performance is same as earlier. Any body know about this matter and how can it be rectified..

Edited by Supun128

5 hours ago, Supun128 said:

I own nissan Fb15 new shell (YoM-2003) and fuel consumption of car is very low. it only does around 8 Km/Ltr city limits and out station it does around 9 Km/ Ltr. Once I changed the air flow sensor  but the performance is same as earlier. Any body know about this matter and how can it be rectified..

Your fuel figures are NORMAL for an old 1500 CC car

Don't believe in anyone who claims their FB15 does 14-15. That's b^llsht

• Like 3

Your car probably did about 9 on average in city driving and and maybe "40-50%?" or so more on top of that if it was driven on a highway when the car was NEW. So 15 years later if you get 8kmpl...I would say that is pretty good. As for outstation driving...it all depends on what you mean by outstation driving. 15-20 years ago going outstation meant hitting open roads (somewhat empty roads)..but now these open roads are no more and are packed with traffic. So 9kmpl outstation might be quite normal depending on what you mean by outstation is.

If you really have the urge to do something...just do some routine maintenance and keep the car in good shape. Check and swap plugs, clean the fuel filter, air filter, fix any issues with the drive train components (fix any gear box/clutch issues, etc...)..make sure you keep your tires properly inflated at the recommended pressures (some people over inflate to get better fuel mileage...you can do it but that messes up your suspension and makes the car bouncy). Change your driving habits and usage patterns (i.e. plan your trips to avoid senseless overlap of driving to the same place/direction, when and where possible time it during lesser congested hours, etc..).

<now the sarcastic part> If you want to be more extreme...you can look in to some of the less economically non-sensible things:

- rip out the engine and put in a new one. The cost of this would probably be more than the cost of the fuel you are trying to save. 

- Buy an AE100/AE110 Corolla. Like fine wine these things seem to get better with age. The older they get they seem to do better on fuel.

- sell it and buy an AQUA..that seems to be the thing these days. Your lease payments will be a lot more than the fuel you try save

- better than any of the above...buy an Allion/Premio. As the permit Dr and Engineers and everyone else keeps saying these cars do like 16.7 kmpl just sitting in one place parked with the engine running.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Your car probably did about 9 on average in city driving and and maybe "40-50%?" or so more on top of that if it was driven on a highway when the car was NEW. So 15 years later if you get 8kmpl...I would say that is pretty good. As for outstation driving...it all depends on what you mean by outstation driving. 15-20 years ago going outstation meant hitting open roads (somewhat empty roads)..but now these open roads are no more and are packed with traffic. So 9kmpl outstation might be quite normal depending on what you mean by outstation is.

If you really have the urge to do something...just do some routine maintenance and keep the car in good shape. Check and swap plugs, clean the fuel filter, air filter, fix any issues with the drive train components (fix any gear box/clutch issues, etc...)..make sure you keep your tires properly inflated at the recommended pressures (some people over inflate to get better fuel mileage...you can do it but that messes up your suspension and makes the car bouncy). Change your driving habits and usage patterns (i.e. plan your trips to avoid senseless overlap of driving to the same place/direction, when and where possible time it during lesser congested hours, etc..).

<now the sarcastic part> If you want to be more extreme...you can look in to some of the less economically non-sensible things:

- rip out the engine and put in a new one. The cost of this would probably be more than the cost of the fuel you are trying to save. 

- Buy an AE100/AE110 Corolla. Like fine wine these things seem to get better with age. The older they get they seem to do better on fuel.

- sell it and buy an AQUA..that seems to be the thing these days. Your lease payments will be a lot more than the fuel you try save

- better than any of the above...buy an Allion/Premio. As the permit Dr and Engineers and everyone else keeps saying these cars do like 16.7 kmpl just sitting in one place parked with the engine running.

Thanks you very much IRage for the info.