Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Best Headlight bulbs for Kia Picanto 2005?


Iroshw
 Share

Question

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

HID or filament bulbs?

If its HID, pls search the forum. Its been discussed a zillion times.

If its filament bulbs, look for GE, Hella, philips or a similar brand. Its normal for a car's headlight to lose brightness over the years as the electrics get worn and lenses get discoloured. You may not see the original performance even if you change bulbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 1/15/2018 at 9:40 PM, Crosswind said:

HID or filament bulbs?

If its HID, pls search the forum. Its been discussed a zillion times.

If its filament bulbs, look for GE, Hella, philips or a similar brand. Its normal for a car's headlight to lose brightness over the years as the electrics get worn and lenses get discoloured. You may not see the original performance even if you change bulbs.

Sorry bro, I'm not good in car stuff. Don't know whether its HID or filament. I have heard about Osram LED bulbs. Any idea? 

 

I will post a pic of my headlight later today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Checked, its H4 55W Halogen bulb (made in Germany). I went to Auto Pal and Pet#o, they said, can't install H4 LED bulbs due to less space. But they said can modify the headlight cup accordingly. 

Then I found a guy n ######.lk (in Negambo) selling OSRAM H4 Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs. The cost is Rs. 5500 with 3 months warranty. 

Pls advise me on this as I have never replaced headlight bulbs before. Are there any cheap bulbs in the market with same performance?

And, are there any shops near Colombo selling OSRAM H4 bulbs? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Cops have started to have a ball with LEDs now

If you want a cheap simple new bulb, you can buy Koito bulbs locally, oem for Japs

or If you want brighter All the Osram bulbs can be bought online on all the popular stores.

Lighting performance = more cost

Do search the forum, we have a lot of topics on Osram bulbs with photos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 hours ago, Iroshw said:

Checked, its H4 55W Halogen bulb (made in Germany). I went to Auto Pal and Pet#o, they said, can't install H4 LED bulbs due to less space. But they said can modify the headlight cup accordingly. 

Then I found a guy n ######.lk (in Negambo) selling OSRAM H4 Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs. The cost is Rs. 5500 with 3 months warranty. 

Pls advise me on this as I have never replaced headlight bulbs before. Are there any cheap bulbs in the market with same performance?

And, are there any shops near Colombo selling OSRAM H4 bulbs? 

Do you mean less space behind the headlight or the bulb doesn't fit into the holder?

Either way do not modify your headlamp for some bulb.

Like Tiv mentioned the price varies according to the performance and quality 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hi Guys,

Well, first I said seems good, but seems not very good. There is a slight different but not as expected. 

 

Guys please suggest me a good H4 Head Light bulb. The height of the bulb should be similar to H4 Halogen. And there is a very limited space in the housing (back) so difficult to fix a bulb with Heat sink. 

 

Help....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I fitted my Starlet with Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs recently, and they work well for me. My Axio Hybrid has Nightbreaker Ultras (one generation earlier) in all 4 lights and they've been fine thus far, especially the high beam, which in concert with the lows will force even the most determined high beam user to revert to dipped beams. I'd suggest staying away from HID and LED retrofits as they're not regulated and more often than not just blind oncoming cars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, terrabytetango said:

I fitted my Starlet with Osram Nightbreaker Laser bulbs recently, and they work well for me. My Axio Hybrid has Nightbreaker Ultras (one generation earlier) in all 4 lights and they've been fine thus far, especially the high beam, which in concert with the lows will force even the most determined high beam user to revert to dipped beams. I'd suggest staying away from HID and LED retrofits as they're not regulated and more often than not just blind oncoming cars.

Just curious,

Whats the low and high beam type on Axio Hybrid?

And did you mean Unlimited or is there a Nightbreaker Ultra as well?

Edited by Magnum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Just curious,

Whats the low and high beam type on Axio Hybrid?

And did you mean Unlimited or is there a Nightbreaker Ultra as well?

Yes Nightbreaker Unlimited's sorry. Mine are HB3/9006 for high beam, H11 for low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You can get genuine stuff from https://www.powerbulbs.com if ur not sure about eBay sellers. They got free shipping from UK to SL with 25% off these days. I got "Philips X-treme Vision +130" since I like the yellowish 3600k colour. Huge difference from stock bulbs. There's also the new "OSRAM Night Breaker Laser" if you like 4000k white like the pic from @Magnum.

Edited by c1nder
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 hours ago, c1nder said:

You can get genuine stuff from https://www.powerbulbs.com if ur not sure about eBay sellers. They got free shipping from UK to SL with 25% off these days. I got "Philips X-treme Vision +130" since I like the yellowish 3600k colour. Huge difference from stock bulbs. There's also the new "OSRAM Night Breaker Laser" if you like 4000k white like the pic from @Magnum.

That's a legit site. I only came across it after I bought both pair. They also give warranty if I'm not wrong

I like the standard yellow as well. But the problem is Osram doesn't make any performance bulb with that kelvin, also the Xtremevision available for HB3/HB4 are the old 100% bulbs.

Even Nightbreaker Laser hasn't yet come out as HB3/HB4.

 

Btw there is a Russian guy on YouTube who does bulb comparisons using a light meter. You can check out his videos before purchasing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...