• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear's Fastest Lap Time.

JwesT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx for the link machan

no worries bro :) ...so any thoughts about next weeks vietnam challenge?...should be a cracker eh?

apparently thier currency is called dong :lol: ...ahhh just think of the possible wisecracks for jc and the gang :lol:

or possibly the introduction of the stig's viatcong cousin maybe? :rolleyes:

no worries bro :) ...so any thoughts about next weeks vietnam challenge?...should be a cracker eh?

apparently thier currency is called dong :lol: ...ahhh just think of the possible wisecracks for jc and the gang :lol:

or possibly the introduction of the stig's viatcong cousin maybe? :rolleyes:

i'm rather bummed out that we've already come to the season finale! :(

thier specials are brilliant, so can't wait till monday morning

hmmm but the one thing i'm not entirely enthused about is the fact that they'll be on bikes :mellow:

i'm rather bummed out that we've already come to the season finale! :(

hmmm but the one thing i'm not entirely enthused about is the fact that they'll be on bikes :mellow:

Next one is on the 28th Devinda..... Didnt you watch the final part of last weeks show?

• 3 weeks later...

yep..you were right somewhat...i didn't enjoy it as much as the american trip or the polar expedition, it still was brilliant though

i agree with may,the supercub is an amazing bike,i learned to ride in one,and me still have it :)

The Stig Revealed! :o

thestig_1241570f.jpg

Ben Collins

professional stuntman and Le Mans racer

bencollins_1241512c.jpg

For years the identity of The Stig has been a closely guarded secret, but Collins – who has previously competed in Formula Three, Le Mans, GT and NASCAR – has apparently outed himself to staff at a Bristol gallery.

The 33-year-old let his secret slip when he asked them to help him produce a limited-edition print of The Stig in action.

Gallery owner Simon Whitehead, 27, said: "I was absolutely amazed when he said he was The Stig, it was quite a big thing in a weird way."

Builder Jason Goody, 21, also discovered The Stig's identity when he did some work at Collins' home and found the famous white suit and gloves on display in a cabinet.

Other fans of Top Gear, presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, have been closing in on Collins in recent months. One YouTube clip shows The Stig, in full disguise, talking with a Bristol accent to a foreign TV crew – and then cuts to Collins sounding very similar.

Collins, from Bristol, has always denied being The Stig and could face the sack if he admitted it. The first Stig, stunt driver Perry McCarthy, lost the job after outing himself in his book Flat Out, Flat Broke, published in 2002.

He was known as The Black Stig and always wore a black suit and helmet before he was "killed off" during the third series in 2003. Collins has since become The White Stig, and wears an all white helmet and suit.

Collins started his motorsport career in 1994, competing in Formula First and Formula Vauxhall Junior on his way to International Formula 3.

He has appeared on BBC's Top Gear as himself on various occasions to perform some dramatic stunts.

The Health & Safety Executive report into Hammond's accident in September 2006 recorded that Collins had "worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant" and had prepared a briefing for the presenter.

Collins also recently spent three months working as a precision driver on the latest James Bond movie The Quantum of Solace.

He was the double for Daniel Craig and drove the Aston Martin DBS in some of the most challenging driving sequences.

Collins said of the experience: "It was a bit like a dream come true to work on a Bond film. On the first day filming I had to pinch myself as I was sitting there in Bond's pin stripe suit with an Omega Watch. I felt totally at home in the Aston Martin DBS, which is just an awesome car and it was a lot of fun hammering it around the Alps.

"There were sheer drops of a thousand feet on some of the roads we using. I think a highlight was sliding the DBS up the mountain road between two giant rocks, then onto the pass with nothing but a hand rail to stop the car falling off a cliff."

The Stig's name derives from Clarkson's days at Repton School where, he said, new students were always called "Stig".

The identity of White Stig has not been officially revealed and is regarded as a carefully guarded secret by the BBC.

However, it has not stopped people from trying to identify him and names such as Julian Bailey, Damon Hill, Tim Schrick, and Russ Swift have all been suggested.

A Top Gear spokesman said: "We never comment on speculation as to who or what The Stig is."

Source : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Wh...The-answer.html

The Stig Revealed! :o

damn...i hoped it was damon hill...that guy is so cool

if i remember correct collins appeared as himself on TG sometime ago in a race against a skate board-er...he was driving an evo...

anyway i hope they don't kill off this stig like they did the last one just because he revealed his identity...then again i don't want to know who the real stig is,i like him to retain his mysterious,flawless,invincible persona.

damn...i hoped it was damon hill...that guy is so cool

if i remember correct collins appeared as himself on TG sometime ago in a race against a skate board-er...he was driving an evo...

anyway i hope they don't kill off this stig like they did the last one just because he revealed his identity...then again i don't want to know who the real stig is,i like him to retain his mysterious,flawless,invincible persona.

hmmm might not be a bad thing to have new stig ne...afterall this blokes been around for quite a few seasons now...

& lets not forget that there are a number of F1 drivers who are out of thier jobs or who've recently retired...

I doubt it. This kinda thing is always popping up. And this story of having the suit on display is ridiculous. I mean, really! On display? What, the man has never had visitors who have seen this display before? Besides, anyone can go up to someone and say "I am the Stig". Doesn't mean he is. I'd get one of those T-shirts myself if I could afford it.

Edited by Pericles

hmmm might not be a bad thing to have new stig ne...afterall this blokes been around for quite a few seasons now...

& lets not forget that there are a number of F1 drivers who are out of thier jobs or who've recently retired...

hmmm...schumacher,hakkinen.HILL,coulthard,mansell....all mouth watering prospects

wnder what colour the outfit of the next stig might be.....a dazzling pink stiggy costume maybe? :lol:

Edited by HelRazor

Top Gear officially reveals Stig's identity, and he's even more impressive than we thought

by Frank Filipponio on Jan 21st 2009 at 3:59PM

hill_280x390_471134a.jpg

If you're not a fan of the Top Gear and its Tame Racing Driver, feel free to mosey on down the page. Speculation about the Stig's identity has always been a fun way to pass the time with fellow car buffs. It's one of those secrets that you'd love to solve, but that you hope nobody ever does at the same time.

Last week, a service man came forward to say that he came across the Stig's white suit and helmet while doing some work at a home in the UK, and then an art gallery blabbed that a certain well-known racecar driver came into their gallery to commission some Stig artwork. Between the two of them they figured it was time to let the world know what they did, so they revealed Stiggy's true identity. Well, they got it all wrong according to the blokes at Top Gear.

In response to all of the speculation that has been reported as fact (by this outlet among others), the show wants to set the record straight. That's why the BBC outlet has just issued a statement identifying their white-clad road warrior. The Stig has been revealed to be...wait for it....Graham Hill. Yes, the very same Graham Hill who won the GP World Drivers Championship in 1962 and 1968 and was reported to have died in a tragic plane crash back in 1975. Who would have guessed? Ironically, his son and fellow Formula One World Champion Damon Hill was one of the people rumored to have donned the white driving suit and helmet. What a clever ruse.

This comes as quite a shock to everyone who has followed the story. After all, Graham would be about 80 years old now. Some say his mustache wax was the clue that made the team come forward with the news. Some say he has been growing frustrated getting out of so many awkward supercar doors. All we know is, you can follow the link to hear the whole exciting story of how this two-time champion worked with the BBC to fake his own death, some 20 years before the BBC even dreamed up the need for a Stig on a show they hadn't even created yet. Fascinating

Source : http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/21/top-gea...d-hes-even-more

Edited by Devinda_Z

Top Gear officially reveals Stig's identity, and he's even more impressive than we thought

by Frank Filipponio on Jan 21st 2009 at 3:59PM

hill_280x390_471134a.jpg

is this a stunt for publicty?......if so why didn't they put it out while the season was goin on?...wonder what the hill family is thinking about this...

BTW top gear have been uploading some viral videos through it's youtube account,promoting their new website...some are funny,most are not

Edited by HelRazor

is this a stunt for publicty?......if so why didn't they put it out while the season was goin on?...wonder what the hill family is thinking about this...

BTW top gear have been uploading some viral videos through it's youtube account,promoting their new website...some are funny,most are not

hmmm Damon Hill has been associated with TG before,so its unlikely that he minds..

links pls :)

• 2 weeks later...