• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Experts In Car Mp3/vcd Players? Need Advice

Hola

Question

Hi All,

Recently I fixed a Sony CDX-V2800 MP3/VCD player replaing my exsiting Sony MP3 player

1138954252klongthom2com2lr0.jpg

But the MP3 does not play very well in it. Does any one know why? As in, is it something with the series? Heard that Sony has certain number of series with defects..

Need advice...

Hola

The question of quality or convenience stil deems to be answered i suppose.. lolz.. yeah.. those brands come out with VCD players but usually require a seperate screen..

There are new headunits out there which will support USB Pen Drives and even the I-Pod but most of these innovations usually come from a non-famed brand..

Zz

Can you give me any model no's to check, I never came accross vcd players of the brands I mentioned.

No prob with the seperate screen coz thats what I'm using now.

Check below site which has many brands & models. Some models are not available in Asia

www.onlinecarstereo.com

But some models are not available in Asia.

A hardware defect cannot be remedied by merely changing the burning software hola.. usually Nero autodetects the settings of each and every/any writers out there and uses them when burning media.. if there is such an error like yours.. most probably it ought to be the laser.. thats why i told you to buy to Sony Bland CD-Rs and copy some mp3s from YOUR writer and on the other some mp3s from ANOTHER writer.. if the mp3s from the other writers works then it is your samsung to be blamed..

Geting the writer repaired is kinda like 45 to 50 percent of the cost of a new writer.. Looking at the prices currenntly, 3500 odd for a CD-writer and 5500 odd for a DVD-Writer.. I suggest you chose the brand wisely when buying..

Zz

I think i would change my writer (actulay i am planing on a whole PC upgrade soon). For me music matters. I would not want a changer, MP3 player is much more convinent. Thanks... I think a good DVD combo would do. The prices are now same as the price i got the samsung VCD writer

Hey Hola,

I got the control unit replaced free after some butons were causing trouble. I have stopped using MP3 in the car since there is no quality at all. If you are looking for quality use CD's.

I'm still a bit worried about the sony player coz I had trouble with my Sony CD rom, & CD player at home.

But does Pioneer, Kenwoon & JVC come out with VCD players?

Yeah bro..I heard from your brother... Macang all other brands are pretty expensive than the Xplode series

sorry bro... seems like the models have suddenly dissapeared!! lolz.. i have seen a jvc vcd headunit in pettah about a year ago but i guess the models would ve gradually dissappeared with the appearance of DVD players.. go for a DVD player bro.. and since you have your own LCD it would be cheaper in a way...

chk out http://www.epinions.com/Car_Video_Players

you could find reviews about most of the players out there.. i think it might help ya :-)

Zz

sorry bro... seems like the models have suddenly dissapeared!! lolz.. i have seen a jvc vcd headunit in pettah about a year ago but i guess the models would ve gradually dissappeared with the appearance of DVD players.. go for a DVD player bro.. and since you have your own LCD it would be cheaper in a way...

chk out http://www.epinions.com/Car_Video_Players

you could find reviews about most of the players out there.. i think it might help ya :-)

Zz

Time is up for VCD players, I think it is not manifactured anymore unless for some cheap brands. I do not have a budget for a DVD player if I can put money I rather fix a subwoofer.

from what i hear Sony headunits have got some real big issues.. a pal o mine installed one with the VCD support and that things have a up-down slide mechanism which ejects the CD and well as covers the CD-slot.. it went for a 6! ...

trusted brands would be pioneer, kenwood and jvc.. there are other brands available too which are of good quality but the best thing when buying a headunit/anything else is to check the net out for some reviews relating to that product.. it's far more easier to gauge the actual response of the people who are using it then...

Zz

Hey bro :violent-smiley-030: , pioneer, kenwood & JVC r not the best brands. Do u know about harman kardon. It is the best brand that u can buy. Personally i dont like JVC products. Cuz in Sri Lanka it have very unreasonable price. And nothing special with there products. I think SONY is the best brand money can buy. And always they invent somthing new with there products. And its very very user frendly.

lolz.. you are free to your opinions bro.. i talk out of experience with most of the headunits i have had.. so if you decide it s not so be it :-)

if you are looking for pure quality then go for the stuff from the company named Dynaudio.. check out their reviews and let them speak.. dont come running to me about the prices though.. lmao..

I guess Sony's prices are in keeping with it's reliability... but I have not experienced any problems whatsoever with Pioneer.. though i do agree with you about the prices.. do some good bargain hunting and you will know the places where you could get it for cheap.. most of the reputed places charge you way higher for pioneer, jbl etc. just because of the brand name..

and also note that my opinions in this post are merely for Sony's headunits.. they produce some awesome amps n speakers.. no doubt about that..

Zz

I got a deal for a good Blaupunkt Sub for 8k. Their amps are 15k

I didn't even know that Bose made over the counter units, thought their stuff only comes with rather high end European cars. As for Harmon Kardon, I didn't even know they build head units, thought they're only into speakers :violent-smiley-030: And while we're at it, why not check out Alpine as well :D..Anyway theres no point spending that much just to play mp3's in your car, if you don't buy the speakers etc to match. And that'll cost you a fortune. (eg:there are some Bose home theatre systems being sold for around 600k in SL, yes believe it). Pioneer and JVC would do the job fine with your current speaker setup. I use a JVC with 10cd changer(no mp3 capability though) and it's never given me a minute of trouble.

would like to know the prices of a DVD/VCD/MP3 setup with display? hope Hola can answer easily? with the brand names? thanks.

The prices of a headunit without the inbuilt display varies from 25k to 40k... Pioneer is quite in the middle when it comes to the price and as for the display unit it might come to about 15k to 25k.. depends on the brand you chose.. there are flip down models with the players inbuilt.. there prices vary from 25k to 45k.. so chose wisely.. those flip down players look cool but comes in the brands such as Pyle etc...

Zz

I am posting on this thread since I did not want to open a new thread for this topic. There is currently an offer at myde*l.lk for a multi function mp3 player/emulator with fm radio which works when plugged to the cigarette lighter of the car. I would like to buy this device as in my vehicle the frequency goes up to 90Mhz only. Also this device apparently could play from a USB pen drive.

1. Has any member had experience with these types of units?, and

2. From where does the sound come out when such units are plugged in. Is it the car speakers? Or the speakers in the mp3 player/emulator?

Usually the device plays the audio over a FM frequency which you can preset and you need to set the same channel on your stereo; thus the audio output will come through your built-in speakers.

• Like 1

If I'm thinking about the same device (quite small, independant unit plugs into the lighter, has a small display and a remote?) Doesn't stand well with heat, poor build quality.

It basically reads the audio files on the USB and transmits over a particular FM frequency. Your car's radio picks it up as it would any other FM radio frequency and plays it out through your car's speakers. Better off playing from your phone/ipod through an Aux cable.

• Like 1

I am posting on this thread since I did not want to open a new thread for this topic. There is currently an offer at myde*l.lk for a multi function mp3 player/emulator with fm radio which works when plugged to the cigarette lighter of the car. I would like to buy this device as in my vehicle the frequency goes up to 90Mhz only. Also this device apparently could play from a USB pen drive. 1. Has any member had experience with these types of units?, and 2. From where does the sound come out when such units are plugged in. Is it the car speakers? Or the speakers in the mp3 player/emulator?

Functionality is how tiv and Hoonigan explained above. But are you sure this has an FM radio functionality? Most of these products use the word FM in it to mean that it broadcasts over a FM frequency. Just double check if it actually has a radio tuner which can capture 90-108mhz freqs.

• Like 1

Usually the device plays the audio over a FM frequency which you can preset and you need to set the same channel on your stereo; thus the audio output will come through your built-in speakers.

Well I guess this is exactly how it is done. Otherwise I cannot think of a way that the vehicle speakers being used. Thanks for all the other prompt replies. Also I am guessing that the FM frequency preset and the car stereo frequency could be changed through the MP3 player/emulator.

I am not endorsing their goods, but I have attached the link with a obvious alteration of the website name for better understanding of the product.

https://myde*l.lk/deals.php?id=1768

You can find the same thing in first cross street, pettah or ebay for cheaper. Their build quality is very poor. If it lasts more than 6 months, be happy.

You can say that again. I ordered one (only MP3) from ebay on behalf of a friend of mine few weeks back. It was so flimsy and mechanically damaged by the time it reached here.