• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do I need a no-objection letter?

Zinger

Hey Guys,

So about 3 years ago, I bought a car that had a lease. I sorted out the lease and got a deletion letter from the financial institution. However, I didn't transfer the car to my name all this time. It's still registered under the guy I bought it from aka the current owner.

I'm in the process of selling that car now to another buyer. Can I sell my car to someone without a no-objection letter from the tranferor (Current owner)? Would a deletion letter from the leasing company suffice? So far, I've got: 

1. Transfer Papers with the signature of the "Current Owner/Transferor" 

2. Original Certificate of Registration

3. ID Copies of the Current Owner

4. Deletion letter from the leasing company

5. Revenue License 

Is this sufficient enough for me to sell my car to another buyer? or is there something else I need to be concerned of? 

Please let me know guys, I'm kinda desperate here! Your responses will help me heaps.

Thank you so much.

Zinger

would there not be a fine ?  ........

This is another game that I'v noticed.... Sorry Zinger ..... not trying to blame you but  the sad part is many buy & sell  vehicles on open papers ...  so they advertise as 1st owner  etc... but sad truth is there hare several.... All good if there is proper maintenance records .........

All is fine in doing this until  the vehicle u sold gets in to the wrong hands or is trouble... as the authorities trace it back to the owner and there is a hassle in that

23 minutes ago, mazdaspeed said:

would there not be a fine ?  ........

This is another game that I'v noticed.... Sorry Zinger ..... not trying to blame you but  the sad part is many buy & sell  vehicles on open papers ...  so they advertise as 1st owner  etc... but sad truth is there hare several.... All good if there is proper maintenance records .........

All is fine in doing this until  the vehicle u sold gets in to the wrong hands or is trouble... as the authorities trace it back to the owner and there is a hassle in that

Technically it is illegal, but sadly no one is there to enforce it or police it. Only time it does get enforced or policed is when something bad happens. The whole reason is the mentality of car owners in SL. It is high time people stop believing that lesser owners means a car is better and is worth more. Doesn't matter it has 100 users or one, the car is what it is when it is right in front of you...it is either good or bad. But on the other hand I suppose you can't blame the buyers as well because we all know that owners are cheap **** and take care of their cars like **** 

• Like 1