• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero Sport (2012) or DFSK Glory 580 (2021)

Nuwanm

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a seven seater SUV for a budget under 1.3 million.

I will use this vehicle only for 3 or 4 yrs max . So i am worrying about the aftersales value. . I am buying this as a family vehicle and expect less repair/ maintenance. Fuel consumptions would not be a concern and i don't expect this to be fuel efficient. 

I will run at least 600 km per week.  

I can buy brand-new DFSK Glory 580  with YOM of 2021 for 10 million whereas the cost of Montero sport of YOM 2012 with at least 150k millage around 13 million +.

What should be my choice. 

Thank you all for the support 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Nuwanm said:

What should be my choice. 

Of the two - Monty Sport but then again it's not the most comfy vehicle around. It's basically a body on the L200 frame - and it introduces a bit of body roll. The ride is on the harsher side it would be good if you did a fair bit of off-roading but since you said you used a CRV I'm assuming you're simply looking for a 7 seater pavement princess.  Now I know you compared a 2021 SUV with a 2012 SUV but let me take your options a bit further into the past by suggesting a Montero V60 -it's a really comfy car and despite the age have held pretty well. 

Again I know it sounds illogical to pay that amount of money for a car almost 20 years old : But you're still living in Sri Lanka in 2022 which means you've already made an illogical decision - another one won't hurt 😛 

Edit : The Monty Sport does not share the same chassis as the L200. 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:07 PM, Nuwanm said:

So i am worrying about the aftersales value

Always maintain a safe distance  from the DFSK if this is a concern 😛 

Edited by matroska
Incorrectly informed it shares the L200 chassis.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, matroska said:

Always maintain a safe distance  from the DFSK if this is a concern

True 

16 hours ago, matroska said:

Again I know it sounds illogical to pay that amount of money for a car almost 20 years old : But you're still living in Sri Lanka in 2022 which means you've already made an illogical decision - another one won't hurt

haha. very true 

16 hours ago, matroska said:

Of the two - Monty Sport but then again it's not the most comfy vehicle around. It's basically a body on the L200 frame - and it introduces a bit of body roll.

yes. I am seeking for a comfortable vehicle  with seven seaters. And I am not comfortable with older models either. i am running out of options here. 

6 hours ago, Nuwanm said:

yes. I am seeking for a comfortable vehicle  with seven seaters. And I am not comfortable with older models either. i am running out of options here. 

7 seater SUV/Crossovers are a joke...if you have a full sized Land Cruiser, Patrol/Safari then you can pull it off but everything else the rear seats are mainly for people without legs or for short distances for full-sized people. So if you want the full use of a 3rd row of seats...have you considered something like a Noah or a Voxy ? They are a lot more comfortable than the crossovers but you do not get the ground clearence (if tha is a factor). If you want a MPV with ground clearance an option would be somehting like an Innova or even something like a Delica D:5 (finding these will be hard in SL though).

The Montero/Pajero Sport is based on the L200 pickup truck chassis but that is not what makes it roley poley (and at times unstanble and requires one to pay attention). It is the suspension setup of the thing. he new one is much better but sadly will be out of your budget. You might want to consider the Fortuner as well (like the Montero/Pajero Sport it is based on a  pickup platform, namely the Hilux). The thing is much more stable than the the Montero/Pajero Sport. Granted being large SUVs they inherently have body roll. It is just that unlike vehicles like Land Cruisers and Prados they do not have electronic systems to keep the car from rolling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI - Montero Sport 

Also- The montero sport does not have the L200 Chassis, the L200 is leaf sprung, Montero Sport is coil sprung, the chassis is similar but there are a multitude of differences. Do refer the above link. 

I have been using one from new, its most reliable thing that I've had in my fleet. 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, iRage said:

The Montero/Pajero Sport is based on the L200 pickup truck chassis but that is not what makes it roley poley (and at times unstanble and requires one to pay attention). It is the suspension setup of the thing. he new one is much better but sadly will be out of your budget

:(

5 hours ago, tiv said:

I have been using one from new,

MS 2012? . What is the mileage now?\

bdw, one of my car sale friend told me that majority of MSs are imported by permit holders back in 2011 / 12 and no grades were available. Almost all MS are same and no grades . Is that true 

Edited by Nuwanm

8 hours ago, tiv said:

FYI - Montero Sport 

Also- The montero sport does not have the L200 Chassis, the L200 is leaf sprung, Montero Sport is coil sprung, the chassis is similar but there are a multitude of differences. Do refer the above link. 

I have been using one from new, its most reliable thing that I've had in my fleet. 

Well..what was meant by saying the sae chassis was that it uses the same platform. Yes the MS (like the Fortuner) has he rear suspension setp different and the "chassis" has been changed to accomodate that. But the platform itself remains the same (kind of like the elephant back van plaform and the elephant back touring wagon platforms are the same with the difference being the rear suspension accomodation). Yes..agree with you on the fact that it is very reliable and the thing (the V6 petrol) moves like a bat out of hell and for the price point (at least in VN/Thailand/South Africa) it came a lot better equipped than a Fortuner for the equal price. But still stand by the fact that the suspension is a bit roley poley and is prone to a sudden snappy body roll (not that the Fortuner is any better but a bit more predictable in its limit). The new one was much better and actually thousand times better than the new Fortuner. (had the new one as a rental for a week or so in VN in prep for our departure...the prev gen V6 was a car assigned to a friend of mine in VN by Mitsubishi Electric in VN).

• 1 year later...
On 4/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, THP said:

Hi Nuwan,

So what did you buy ?

Hilarious comparison though