• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What are the most fuel-efficient cars below 7 million?

HelaS

Question

9 answers to this question

On 2/26/2022 at 11:10 PM, HelaS said:

Average 13 km/L.

Smaller engines while efficient in idling and in traffic crawling can end up consuming more fuel (as hrm said) specially since people tend to floor them since they're underpowered specially if you're used to driving a more powerful car. So in longer runs you're actually always revving hard to get the engine to pick up and you end up burning a lot of fuel. 

Well if you want significant improvements in terms of fuel economy than this you probably need to start looking at hybrids. 

For your budget you're looking at Prius/Axios that are around 9 years old or Honda (GP5) Fit's and Toyota Aquas that are about 7-8 years old - why did i specifically mention the ages? Well because you're better off doing  a research on replacement hybrid battery availability nowadays (with the import restrictions) and keeping aside some cash for a battery replacement if the need arises. Do read up on the numerous threads on each model and their potential repairs as well before you commit  (Each model has its common set of issues) 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

A few things though...we can't necessarily say 13kmpl is bad out of the blue for reasons most have sort of hinted. For starters, if we are talking about a 1L Vitz..those things are lazy hogs and you literally have to hammer the engine for the car to do anything...that dang CVT doesn't help either. then we do not know how the car is being used (are you in the hil country ? do you drive around with a fully loaded car ?); like some have mentioned maller engines are much better at sitting around in traffic but not so when it hactually has to do some heavy work. Then there is the issue of the ocndition of the car...are the tire pressures okay ? plugs ? air filters ? fuel system ?

The reason I am briging this up is...considering the current market and the amount of garbage for sale out there and the low-life rickery people resort to in the sake of money; perhaps you should look in to see if there is anythign wrong with your car and see if you can improve your fuel efficiency. 

Then there is the financial side of things...you should do an assessment to see if spending on a new car and the cost of fixing it up is actually "cheaper" or more sensible than the cost of using the Vitz with its current fuel consumption figures.

Again, I am bringing this up as an alternative view and based on the fact that you want a new car simply because of the fuel efficiency of your vitz.

Thanks for your replies guys. I was reading the "average" economy reading on the meter cluster. Afterwards I tried to get a reading for an individual trip and it came to around 19, which I guess is not bad. I'll try to get more calculations. I don't drive particularly fast, mostly outstation or highway.