• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

Well, its not like I said a Corolla, I'm guessing you can count the number of cars in the island on one hand, and you probably know all of them! :D

I thought I could have, until a a fellow member of the ICE club called us in wee hours of Thursday morning to tell us that he's just bought one from Negombo :lol:

I thought I could have, until a a fellow member of the ICE club called us in wee hours of Thursday morning to tell us that he's just bought one from Negombo :lol:

this wouldn't happen to be a tatty (yellow? :unsunre: )example with Toyota bits in it would it? :huh:

If it was from around wennappuwa or thereabouts, it will be missing most of the interior, and the headlamp motors...

Probably. It's not too hard to get parts for an X 1/9 though...... A lot easier than Alfas for example ;)

Probably. It's not too hard to get parts for an X 1/9 though...... A lot easier than Alfas for example ;)

mechanical bits are all right, interior trim and electric bits and such are a different story.... there aint no Italian Moss or Rimmer brothers unfortunately!

mechanical bits are all right, interior trim and electric bits and such are a different story.... there aint no Italian Moss or Rimmer brothers unfortunately!

But there are Milano Motors and Monza and DTR for Fiat there are more but I'm not very Familiar as I have had no need to source FIAT parts.

There are many many more for Alfas though! It's just that most Sri Lankans don't know this cause very few have old Italian cars!! try Alfaholics, EB spares, Highwood Alfa, Classic Alfa, in the UK and International Auto Parts in the US. There are many more but these are the guys I buy from. Besides them Singapore and Thailand have classic Alfa parts dealers who also have Fiat and Lancia bits. I've bought lots from them too.

The shop in Bangkok was an amazing place. The first ever parts I bought for my Alfetta (in my signature :)) I bought from this shop when I visited there. They showed me a stunning pic of a Smokey Blue Alfetta GT 1.8. It's a very low mileage car that's kept in concourse condition. The owner is the Prince of Thailand!!! And these guys supply him parts! I told them that the Prince had very good taste ;) They even told me how one of their former Kings had pre war Alfas!!

The only brand that may be slightly tough is Lancia. Especially Pre-Fiat cars....

But there are Milano Motors and Monza and DTR for Fiat there are more but I'm not very Familiar as I have had no need to source FIAT parts.

There are many many more for Alfas though! It's just that most Sri Lankans don't know this cause very few have old Italian cars!! try Alfaholics, EB spares, Highwood Alfa, Classic Alfa, in the UK and International Auto Parts in the US. There are many more but these are the guys I buy from. Besides them Singapore and Thailand have classic Alfa parts dealers who also have Fiat and Lancia bits. I've bought lots from them too.

The shop in Bangkok was an amazing place. The first ever parts I bought for my Alfetta (in my signature :)) I bought from this shop when I visited there. They showed me a stunning pic of a Smokey Blue Alfetta GT 1.8. It's a very low mileage car that's kept in concourse condition. The owner is the Prince of Thailand!!! And these guys supply him parts! I told them that the Prince had very good taste ;) They even told me how one of their former Kings had pre war Alfas!!

The only brand that may be slightly tough is Lancia. Especially Pre-Fiat cars....

Thailand has classic alfa parts? now that's very interesting.... Was not aware of that...

Hmmm.... you just set the wheels turning Gtam.... awakened an idea that i thought i had buried! :lol:

Thailand has classic alfa parts? now that's very interesting.... Was not aware of that...

Hmmm.... you just set the wheels turning Gtam.... awakened an idea that i thought i had buried! :lol:

i can see just how much pater is going to enjoy hand carrying bits! :P

Ah... so the virus is still spreading and counting fast :alc:

Now now CHAPPY, no Bangkok trips for you...... You need to stay home and take care of the wife. There'll be enough of kind folk out here to do the hand carrying for you I'm sure :lol:

Now now CHAPPY, no Bangkok trips for you...... You need to stay home and take care of the wife. There'll be enough of kind folk out here to do the hand carrying for you I'm sure :lol:

HUMMM, But u know me..! I love to carry my own stuff..! B)

HUMMM, But u know me..! I love to carry my own stuff..! B)

if you guys are going all the way to Bangkok to buy parts ....ai ai ai ai

Missin the point mates lol.....maybe we should all plan a trip , to explore the available options ( For parts of course)

:unsure:

Missin the point mates lol.....maybe we should all plan a trip , to explore the available options ( For parts of course)

ok ok Guys (Specially Pradi) lets try to make an effort to finish our cars ASAP before making this "One Night In Bangkok" Movie... :angry-smiley-048:

so thats what they call it now eh? ;):P

perfect excuse to get outta the house/island :lol:

sorry for going off thread...but do any of you know a place i can get spare parts for a holden kingswood.....or any international shop like a moss equalant for aussie cars?...thank you

Aussie guys can be a bit tough unless you have someone over there. They tend to be a bit lazy with overseas inquiries.... But they have well preserved used spares for almost any 70s car.

I just googled these....

http://www.autosource.com.au/holden-wreckers-parts.php

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/car_i...olden_hk_wb.htm

sorry for going off thread...but do any of you know a place i can get spare parts for a holden kingswood.....or any international shop like a moss equalant for aussie cars?...thank you

Aussie guys can be a bit tough unless you have someone over there. They tend to be a bit lazy with overseas inquiries.... But they have well preserved used spares for almost any 70s car.

I just googled these....

I just googled these....

thanks GTAm,as always....i'll check these links out...

there's no hope getting the parts from here is there?

go on - tell me its a "Ute" with a big V8? :D

hmmm there was a bloke selling a Torana hatch - you might wanna try your luck calling him and checking about parts cuz i recall the advert saying something about extra geroboxes etc , he had to have gotten them from somewhere so who knows he might share from where...

way out there i know but worth a shot i guess

go on - tell me its a "Ute" with a big V8? :D

hmmm there was a bloke selling a Torana hatch - you might wanna try your luck calling him and checking about parts cuz i recall the advert saying something about extra geroboxes etc , he had to have gotten them from somewhere so who knows he might share from where...

way out there i know but worth a shot i guess

i dunno what the engine is machan....it's my cousin who saw this car....the owner has put a diesel engeine,but he has the original engine with him,i was wondering if it's worth the effort rebuilding it...so far i think it's not...

machang can you please tell me the newspaper the torana ad was on?