• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo

Pb2k

thats such a pretty engine! i really mean it - quite easily one of the best looking engines on a standard production car

....OT, but was i the only one who wanted a Stratos replica again with one those plunked in the middle after last weeks top gear?

Now that it's dead (like Michael Jackson ;) ), Many journos are calling it "arguably the most charismatic production V6 engine ever!"

Nope, Dangerous was the right word all right. In the "likely to result in death/serious injury" sense....

Have not seen it yet but saw some comments about it that the Hawk was not in great shape and that the suspension and steering differs from the original.

Anyway the original wasn't the easiest rally car drive and it was only the very best rally drivers who came to terms with it. However once you've mastered it............. so the legend goes.

Anyway, I want a Hawk too and I doubt I'll ever be able to afford an Original Stratos :)

Anyway the original wasn't the easiest rally car drive and it was only the very best rally drivers who came to terms with it. However once you've mastered it............. so the legend goes.

Anyway, I want a Hawk too and I doubt I'll ever be able to afford an Original Stratos :)

that sounds like a worthy challenge :) no guts no glory eh? ;)

so how feasible is it to get one and on the road here? :huh:

that sounds like a worthy challenge :) no guts no glory eh? ;)

so how feasible is it to get one and on the road here? :huh:

I think one can start with a rolling chassis for about 1.5m - 2m if I recall right. In fact yours truly got a quote from Hawk Cars some years back....... :rolleyes:

About the TG affair...... read this, I feel bad for this guy.....

http://www.stratossupersite.com/forum/show...p?threadid=7683

I think one can start with a rolling chassis for about 1.5m - 2m if I recall right. In fact yours truly got a quote from Hawk Cars some years back....... :rolleyes:

About the TG affair...... read this, I feel bad for this guy.....

http://www.stratossupersite.com/forum/show...p?threadid=7683

That certainly clears some things up. But of course we need to acknowledge that the guy who built/set up the car is never going to say anything other than "It was perfect when I handed it over!". As he himself states, he might lose a lot of business from the clip, so he is hardly going to admit that it was badly set up!

I guess the only way to clear the confusion is for a magazine to get the car and do a proper test...

That certainly clears some things up. But of course we need to acknowledge that the guy who built/set up the car is never going to say anything other than "It was perfect when I handed it over!". As he himself states, he might lose a lot of business from the clip, so he is hardly going to admit that it was badly set up!

I guess the only way to clear the confusion is for a magazine to get the car and do a proper test...

Well there have been favourable tests in Classic mags as well as Autoitalia mag who pitted them (Hawk, and another Kit which did not get as much praise) against the original....... which of course got all the raves....!

Well there have been favourable tests in Classic mags as well as Autoitalia mag who pitted them (Hawk, and another Kit which did not get as much praise) against the original....... which of course got all the raves....!

typically everyone wants what they can't have!

• 1 month later...
Lovely.. thats a classic number as well :) you restored it is it?

Thanks. Elvis and MiniA

Yes restored it and quite painfully with so many delays and let downs. That's resto life in SL I guess. The car needs a few minor tweaks to be tip top. But now is very drivable.

Went to Ruwanwella and back on Sunday and it was fun.

This is only its 3rd long outing the 1st being Ratnapura in the middle of the night without spare wheel, jack etc (forgot). And 2nd was Nuwara Eliya.

Edited by GTAm

Great machan! Hey any idea to change wheel colours or is it standard for Alfetta GTVs ?

MINIACE

The wheels were my idea. But I wanted this colour below, which was used on many race Alfas like the Tipo 33, GTZ and GTAms etc. Took about a week to zero in on the exact colour find clear pics to show painter etc.

t33g.jpg

However when I went to collect the car. I was greeted by this yellowish green gold to my horror. I had enough of delays already to ask them to re-do. So I just drove off.