• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

-

danu9

Question

7 answers to this question

@danu9 I merged your threads so that it will be easy for forum members to respond to, it will also be easier for you as all the replies to the issue you are having can be found in one place.

Now...on to your problem....it seems like your car is having trouble communicating with different components and the systems controlling them. It seems like the most common and easiest explanation to this is issues with the 12v battery. So..have you checked the battery in your car ? Do you have cranking issues, etc...because the battery has gotten weak? You will also want to check things like the alternator/charging system. From there you can start looking at things like the connectors/harnesses and worst case might be the actual control modules themselves.  So...start with the simplest and most basic probable cause...the battery.

I'd like to understand what prompted the scan. Was there a Check Engine light an when did the light come on (after a recent repair/service or just randomly)? 

The CAN Bus connecting the PCM and ECM is like the central nervous system of your car. The first thing I would advice checking if there is a blown fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. It should be located on the passenger side in the engine bay just near the battery.

If a repair was done, or if the engine bay was washed using high pressure water, it could be that a connector was improperly re-connected or developed rust inside causing a disconnection. From briefly seeing under the bonnet of a Raize when I was in SL, I do remember that the ECU CAN Bus wire harness was just near the battery, on a metal bracket (in fact, I think it was the ECU there as well).

Since this is a CAN Bus related issue, if the fix is not obvious, I strongly recommend taking the car to Toy#ta L#nka to have them investigate using their proprietary tools as they might be able to isolate the issue better compared to a generic scanner. 

41 minutes ago, danu9 said:

@iRage @Davy

It was an adhoc scan I did after a service.

The vehicle currently shows only U0155 Abnormal Communication with meter and instrument cluster

The meter and instrument panel works fine, but some multifunction buttons doesn't work sometimes

other two codes below are in history

U0100 Lost communication between Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and Engine Control Module (ECM)

U0101 Lost communication with Transmission Control Module

Ever had rodent troubles?

16 hours ago, danu9 said:

@iRage @Davy

It was an adhoc scan I did after a service.

The vehicle currently shows only U0155 Abnormal Communication with meter and instrument cluster

The meter and instrument panel works fine, but some multifunction buttons doesn't work sometimes

other two codes below are in history

U0100 Lost communication between Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and Engine Control Module (ECM)

U0101 Lost communication with Transmission Control Module

My guess then is that there is a loose connection under the dashboard. Was the dashboard taken apart at any point (stereo install, AC evaporator replacement etc.)?

So there are no issues with the car....there is nothing different between how the car used to be and how the car is now after this "service". Drives normally. Everything works normally. No wierd sounds, thuds or anything ?

(Perhaps as a last resort after giving the car a proper checkup) Have you reset or considered resetting the error codes to see if it comes back?