• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cracked coolant hose

amsandun

Question

Hi all,

I just observed a crack in the hose from coolant tank to radiator. There were little signs of leak too. Can you suggest me a reliable place around colombo (Nugegoda, Boralesgamuwa or anywhere) to get this replaced?

Car is a Vitz 2016.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

Edited by amsandun

5 answers to this question

Assuming the leak is just in the hose...I have to ask..how mechanically inclined are you ?

Find a good hose (there are a lot of crappy ones out there that simply does not have good heal tolerance and just last a few months, Buy it and replace it yourself. All you have to do is just pop the hose of at either end...

• Like 1

Does this go from the top of the radiator to the coolant reservoir? This part is exposed to less heat and pressure compared to the rest of the coolant horses.

Why don't you try DIY? Remove the horse and find a length of coolant horse form any auto parts shop and fix it yourself. Where are the horse clips on this one? 

• Like 1

This is the Overflow hose to reservoir tank usually comes without any clips attached to it. replacement is fairly simple, just pull it out from the neck of Cap assembly, suck out 🤐 (Using Syringe or similar tool as Rad coolant are poisonous) and empty the reservoir tank and pull the hose from it. use the hose as sample when you're buying as some hoses differ in diameter.

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1