• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicale Tax To Go Up Again Shortly

Velocity

yeah guys...i think sales buggers have already started to hike up their prices.

got off the phone with car sales guy and he's asking for 2.5 for a bloody corolla with 12k km's in it...

the only sedan they had under 2mil was a Suzi Aerio :D

i'm still on the hunt for my 1st car :)

trying for a recon cos most fellows in SL are not very kind to their machines...at least the ones that are not in this forum :)

adé milindu its not just me machang...the market is really up a lot...

most performance cars started going up sonce the whole Fast & the Furious thing né..but cuz of the import restrictions in getting proper Coupés into the country based on the laws of economics the older available performance cars have shot up

in fact theres a 15 year old RX7 going for 2.6mil!!

the Land Rover price over inflation is due to the whole macho appearanc it generated combined with the 4x4 crowd n them talkin up the jeeps...

but the biggest issue with with Diesel vehicle tax@ 359% :angry: u cant really blame em either..

a brand new Defender costs in the leagues of 14 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o & for that u get NO creature comforts or amenities! :mellow:

even doule cabs - basically any comercial vehicle even which has less then 10 seats falls into this 359% diesel tax bracket - as a result Toyota HiLux LN 65 double cabs which r nearly 20yrs old are selling from anywhere between 1.2-1.9 million!! & forget abt buying em new - the new L200 (sportero :blink: ) retails@ 7 million!! :o

True that...... My 93 (brand New, basic model) LN106 would have struggled to make 7k 5 years ago.... now the price is near 2mill!! :o great if ur selling, not so great if buying.... for an example of just how high prices can be, check this link out

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1890

Government of Sri Lanka, all car lovers thank you....... :angry-smiley-048:

True that...... My 93 (brand New, basic model) LN106 would have struggled to make 7k 5 years ago.... now the price is near 2mill!! ;) great if ur selling, not so great if buying.... for an example of just how high prices can be, check this link out

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=1890

Government of Sri Lanka, all car lovers thank you....... :(

Very well informed sources say that A*W will put in a locally assembled car (along with Micr*) for about 4k. Think this is what they are aiming at.

Also I have you guys noticed new Ssanyong vehicles coming into the market. I haven't seen the agents even advertising or marketing them but I have seen some at W*lg*ma M*t*rs in Ward Place. They have the Rexton (facelift) as well as the Krypton or what ever it is called. There is a rumor that these are locally manufactured (dont know how true it is )

I do believe the brand newe car import duty & taxes will not go up till the next budget, but yes the recon will go up.

They want you to buy the locally assembled or Indian vehicles rather than used Japanese and Korean.

Very well informed sources say that A*W will put in a locally assembled car (along with Micr*) for about 4k. Think this is what they are aiming at.

Also I have you guys noticed new Ssanyong vehicles coming into the market. I haven't seen the agents even advertising or marketing them but I have seen some at W*lg*ma M*t*rs in Ward Place. They have the Rexton (facelift) as well as the Krypton or what ever it is called. There is a rumor that these are locally manufactured (dont know how true it is )

I do believe the brand newe car import duty & taxes will not go up till the next budget, but yes the recon will go up.

They want you to buy the locally assembled or Indian vehicles rather than used Japanese and Korean.

Gummy I saw these vehicales leaving the Micro Car premisses around 2-3 days back. I am sure you might be correct.

Very well informed sources say that A*W will put in a locally assembled car (along with Micr*) for about 4k. Also I have you guys noticed new Ssanyong vehicles coming into the market. I haven't seen the agents even advertising or marketing them but I have seen some at W*lg*ma M*t*rs in Ward Place. They have the Rexton (facelift) as well as the Krypton or what ever it is called. There is a rumor that these are locally manufactured (dont know how true it is )

yeah the Ssang Yong RODIUS - a.k.a - Worlds UGLIEST car is here! it seems that IWS holdings has lost or transfered the dealership to the ppl down wardplace..

there is some talk that there is government sanctioned assemply plant/garage (either in Gampaha or kaluthara disctrict lu) which builds cars which are brought officially into the country in CKD form - duty rate is @ parts rate or a tad higher - the registration papers are said to show Sri Lanka as the country of origin!!

if this is true...WESTFIELD here i come!! :D or better yet i see another DEFENDER comming me way :)

but in all seriousness can someone elabourate further on this local assembly scene?? farce or not?

The Aerio has a sedan... at least there's one in a makola car sale :)

maybe it's same as Liana with some changes etc.

Was checking second hand cars over the weekend and man i'm beginning to hate this country for all the taxes :D

An Eg-8 with supposedly genuine mileage of 172000kms is asking for 14 :)

Now i'm looking for corollas...the older ones to fit my re-amended budget of 1.2 :)

might as well go for a cheapo now and save up for the next 20years for a decent ride B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We all know abt the taxes and prices of cars going up...... man this is absered. Check this out.... now we know Y we got to fork out so much........

104 blooming idiots for this small country ....... madness is not the word

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8639/newimagecd3.jpg

Edited by mazdaspeed

Hi Guys,

We all know abt the taxes and prices of cars going up...... man this is absered. Check this out.... now we know Y we got to fork out so much........

104 blooming idiots for this small country ....... madness is not the word

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8639/newimagecd3.jpg

aho dhukkang

:)

yet another "world Record" for 'SL with é worlds largest cabinet for a country which has population smaller than BOMBAY!!!!!!

re-amended budget of 1.2 :lol:

@ RIPPER - ...may have something to suit that - email me on [email protected]

Well, ministers have to eat

true - thats fine

but do they really need sooo many staff & why give them only duty concessions - for what service of thiers!! :)

but if they had s cabinet of 25 or even 50 who were genuinely doing something n developing the country , i dont think anyone would fuss ,even if it cost even more to have them

i doubt the problem is in whether they're overpaid or not - but rather abt é wastege mismanagement & the simple fact that they arent doing anything solid or substatially constructive to uplift the local industry or alleviate poverty or wut ever :D

Edited by Devinda_Z

can we import cars older than 3 year now? or upto how old cars can we import without any special permits??

earlier it was 3& a half yrs allowed

now only 2!!!!!! see the system is that in Japan every 3 year and 5 years there is a mjor road worthiness inspection fr cars which is very expensive for owners

so they sell thier cars at abt 3 years or tradeu pfor a new model - so this is where Sri Lankan had an advantage as lankans would import thee cars sold before its 3 yr inspection which in turn matched out local car improting criteria

now cuz its 2 yrs limit importers r gonna have to buy at higher pprices cuz cars are obviously newer

also the duty is calculated on the depresciation basis so if the car is newer obviously lesser depreciation time therefore higher prices!! :)