• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

How did you decide on the muffler? Is it specifically made for your model or did you select one you liked and adapting it to fit with your piping?

I'm changing the piping from the cat. It's rusted and there was a leak. Replacing it with 2.5" tubing, and putting the muffler in. It's a generic muffler. Loved the blue flamed tip.

I'm changing the piping from the cat. It's rusted and there was a leak. Replacing it with 2.5" tubing, and putting the muffler in. It's a generic muffler. Loved the blue flamed tip.

How did you decide that it was suitable to your setup?

How did you decide that it was suitable to your setup?

I guess the term "generic" was a bit misleading. It's made for 94-01 db and dc tegs. But it's not branded.

What exactly do you mean by "suits the setup?" I'm not running an aftermarket exhaust kit. It's a stock header with a cat and stock piping

I guess the term "generic" was a bit misleading. It's made for 94-01 db and dc tegs. But it's not branded. What exactly do you mean by "suits the setup?" I'm not running an aftermarket exhaust kit. It's a stock header with a cat and stock piping

I see, I mean usually the barrel size and features are determined by engine size and various other requirements. I was just curious how you selected an after market barrel which is suitable for your car.

I see, I mean usually the barrel size and features are determined by engine size and various other requirements. I was just curious how you selected an after market barrel which is suitable for your car.

I just went with manufacturer specifications. As I said, I'm very particular on this not being a fart cannon. But at the same time I can't afford Fujitsubo.

I just went with manufacturer specifications. As I said, I'm very particular on this not being a fart cannon. But at the same time I can't afford Fujitsubo.

The exhaust on my car is now slowly nearing its end as well. I have no complaints as its served its purpose for 19 years. I'd love to replace it with an original Mitsubishi part but I fear it will be insanely expensive (has anybody done it before to know how much an original exhaust will cost brand new? as for my car at this age, a used part is not an alternative).

Now I can go with a locally fabricated one or I could opt for "an upgrade", hence my question. Funny enough the best source of upgrades for my car is Malaysia as a lot of tuners used the 4G91 as the basis of upgrading and tuning their Protons. In fact when doing an internet search its the best source of spare parts period particularly engine and electronics. The other place is New Zealand.

So parts are not as plenty as for your Teg

The exhaust on my car is now slowly nearing its end as well. I have no complaints as its served its purpose for 19 years. I'd love to replace it with an original Mitsubishi part but I fear it will be insanely expensive (has anybody done it before to know how much an original exhaust will cost brand new? as for my car at this age, a used part is not an alternative).

Now I can go with a locally fabricated one or I could opt for "an upgrade", hence my question. Funny enough the best source of upgrades for my car is Malaysia as a lot of tuners used the 4G91 as the basis of upgrading and tuning their Protons. In fact when doing an internet search its the best source of spare parts period particularly engine and electronics. The other place is New Zealand.

So parts are not as plenty as for your Teg

Yup Malaysia and nz turned up on my searches as well. It's my only option in case of a manual gearbox.

Luckily machan the Acura branded teg is the dogs' bollocks in USA, so parts are aplenty there. There's another shipment coming in with AC vents, glove box lock and cruise control mechanics. Contemplating lowering springs.

Car is almost done. Will let you know how the exhaust is soon

Edited by Komisiripala

• 2 weeks later...

she's back she's back!! yay!! so happy!!

photo8ka.jpg

thinking of dropping her and changing the alloys. as someone said, this just never ends. my baby <3

the auto box rolls like it did out of the factory. indika did his magic. replaced washers, o rings that's and this's and cleaned up all the filters.

going in again to get the intake manifold cleaned up, along with the injectors and injector filters and throttle body.

Edited by Komisiripala

she's back she's back!! yay!! so happy!!

photo8ka.jpg

thinking of dropping her and changing the alloys. as someone said, this just never ends. my baby <3

the auto box rolls like it did out of the factory. indika did his magic. replaced washers, o rings that's and this's and cleaned up all the filters.

going in again to get the intake manifold cleaned up, along with the injectors and injector filters and throttle body.

Ha..ha.. i know how it feels ! :dance3: How is the silencer note? is it giving some fart or dead silent?Also its good that you get rid of that gsr embelm, cuz it was bit over sized to me! Edited by H.C

Ha..ha.. i know how it feels ! :dance3: How is the silencer note? is it giving some fart or dead silent?Also its good that you get rid of that gsr embelm, cuz it was bit over sized to me!

A little fart. Nice note on high revs tho. And yeah the emblem looked cheap in retrospect. Love the sticker. Just the right amount of menace

Edited by Komisiripala

• 2 weeks later...

The teg is back with Indika. Whoever said this is a never-ending love story... Damn you!! :D

Getting injectors cleaned and injector filters cleaned

Intake manifold cleaned

Throttle body cleaned. Lots of carbon buildup. Apparently some ppl think washing the car twice a day and not letting their kids eat inside is good maintenance!!

And timing belt replacement.

And fixing the rear suspension. Those spacers are coming off. Getting a permanent solution. Might go with full adjustable coilovers someday.

Will post pics soon

bro, whos dis Indika ?

My mechanic. Dude restored my cvt box on the civic brilliantly, and now he fixed the 4-speed auto on the teg. Works like new. In the process of fixing my auto box he got vtec-toxicated and insisted on tuning my car because "mey-kata meeta wadiya haiyyen yanna puluwan" so I let him. Hence the full efi tune up.

He's in gamini mawatha kolonnawa. Highly recommended for automatic gearbox issues. PM me if you want his number

Edited by Komisiripala

the teg is back after another stint with indika. low RPM torque is much improved after the tune up.

here's my old water pump:

photo10fm.jpg

looks like blackbeard got to it... stuck in a new one.

changed the alloys as well. the earlier ones had a massive offset, and there was a lot of tyre rub. which led to me doing a clear darwin-award winning stunt of raising the rear with spacers. well, spacers are out, and swapped the alloys to one with a lesser offset.

photo11q.jpg

previous alloys above.

here are the new ones:

photo13yc.jpg

no tyre sticking out from the side, which is a huge relief. going with 195 profile soon (down from 205) to further avoid tyre rub and someday make way for adjustable coilovers.

photo12pn.jpg

so, now am in a conundrum of whether to keep the original matte black as the rim color, or go for something which is a little more of a statement, such as dull bronze, gunmetal grey or deep burgundy. all in matte of course. what say ye? let me know what you guys think.

future plans:

adjustable coilovers. as soon as i pay indikas' bill... :speechless-smiley-004:

• Like 1

so, now am in a conundrum of whether to keep the original matte black as the rim color, or go for something which is a little more of a statement, such as dull bronze, gunmetal grey or deep burgundy. all in matte of course. what say ye? let me know what you guys think.

future plans:

Gunmetal grey ftw!

• Like 2

the teg is back after another stint with indika. low RPM torque is much improved after the tune up.

photo10fm.jpg

changed the alloys as well. the earlier ones had a massive offset, and there was a lot of tyre rub. which led to me doing a clear darwin-award winning stunt of raising the rear with spacers. well, spacers are out, and swapped the alloys to one with a lesser offset.

photo11q.jpg

previous alloys above.

here are the new ones:

photo13yc.jpg

no tyre sticking out from the side, which is a huge relief. going with 195 profile soon (down from 205) to further avoid tyre rub and someday make way for adjustable coilovers.

photo12pn.jpg

future plans:

Gun metal grey or bronze.Machan there's a app in civic-eg.com called rim veiwer where you can change alloys, profile,car colour,etc and could get a rough idea.

Just how much would a set of adjustable coilovers set you back roughly :D

Ebays tin-can coils: $20-65

Skunk2: $286

Ground control (eibach):$245

Tein (with damper): $1000

Skunk2 (with adjustable damper): $800

Above are fully adjustable. There are lowering springs which drop the car anywhere in between 1.3"-2.7". Again eBay tins are around $60 while other brands are more. Blox/skunk2: 188, eibach 250 tein s-tech 250.

The spring rate on branded springs are a lot better and closer to stock. Eibach and GC have a lifetime non-sag warranty.

Am going for GC. Need a slight drop for the front. Around .5-1".

And Douglas and sons stock tokico blue shocks, which GC recommends

Edited by Komisiripala

photo10fm.jpg

photo11q.jpg

previous alloys above.

here are the new ones:

photo13yc.jpg

photo12pn.jpg

future plans:

Pretty!,

Go for gunmetal grey,,