• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Local Car Collection

Devinda_Z

Question

Hi Guys

With all the hype on Classic cars i thought that i should ressurect this old post....

Defintely we must add MD on the list of best local car collection with the MGA, TR2 and 2CV.

regards

Sud

Haha I'm honored dude,but my so called collection is nothing compared to the ones belonging to the esteemed gentlemen mentioned on this thread...

If you ask me,the best collection is with Mr.Freddie Alles.Who has two Rolls Royces,e type jag,TR3,Citroen DS and traction avant,merc 190SL etc etc....

As this thread has some info about the gangarama collection, I believe the infomation mentioned are not correct.
I know the Podi Hamuduruwo of the temple personally.
Afaik, The collection is put together by means of fraud or cheat.Podi Hamuduruwo runs the ginaratahana Technical school, at the temple itself and the cars are being restored by the Students of the institute.Most of the cars are donated by the rich families of Colombo (Ex. Musarjees). Some cars with historical importance are brought down by the monk from different parts of the island.For example the benz in the front was exchanged for a house.It Has being used by the Opposition Leaders relative.
About two years ago He got down a RR from UK, thru a nephew of him living there.
this is the same car http://www.reemandansie.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=46748
this car was brought down tax free for the tec school.

best i believe is with akbar brothers.... they have every merc SL ever produced but one and recently added a aston DB 2 completely restored ... much much more

Here you go....And you're right quantity wise they have the biggest collection.Last time I went there they had close to 50 cars.,.

3rT62Zt.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

I saw an ad (in H*tAd recently) for a whole bunch of classics (over a dozen) for sale by an individual. I really wanted to pay a visit there but ddecided against disturbing the guy cos I didn't have the means to buy any at the moment and my place terribly lacks parking space. Any news on that guys?

Edited by Crosswind

As this thread has some info about the gangarama collection, I believe the infomation mentioned are not correct.

I know the Podi Hamuduruwo of the temple personally.

Afaik, The collection is put together by means of fraud or cheat.Podi Hamuduruwo runs the ginaratahana Technical school, at the temple itself and the cars are being restored by the Students of the institute.Most of the cars are donated by the rich families of Colombo (Ex. Musarjees). Some cars with historical importance are brought down by the monk from different parts of the island.For example the benz in the front was exchanged for a house.It Has being used by the Opposition Leaders relative.

About two years ago He got down a RR from UK, thru a nephew of him living there.

this is the same car http://www.reemandansie.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=46748

this car was brought down tax free for the tec school.

That would be the story that the podi hamuduruwo wants everyone to believe, including those who "know him personally". Not like he's going to admit that he arm-twisted the devotees into parting with their cars and then kept them no?

Edited by Supra_Natural

That would be the story that the podi hamuduruwo wants everyone to believe, including those who "know him personally". Not like he's going to admit that he arm-twisted the devotees into parting with their cars and then kept them no?

i still dont think he is that type of a cheapo.

Anyways the talk abt his brother also involved in this scenes is total crap. Because i know ver well that the monk does not even lokk at the brother.

i still dont think he is that type of a cheapo. Anyways the talk abt his brother also involved in this scenes is total crap. Because i know ver well that the monk does not even lokk at the brother.

The involvement/non involvement being "total crap" is simply your opinion... Doesn't necessarily mean that your opinion is right.