• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Local Car Collection

Devinda_Z

Question

News to me too..luv to see the garage pics but posting it here would certainly be an invasion of privacy to mr asgi.. :ninja:

Yeah, thats why i am not posting the pics :)

By the was the Countach Gamini Dissanayakes or was it a Lotus Esprit Older version he owned.

yes its their holiday home in bolgoda...oppst the yacht club etc...i have loads of pics but wont post them... the car that i like best is their lamborghini Countach...awesome car! dont forget they have some crazy ass seadoo's and yamaha jetski's...

deffa - Gomma's got a very nice collection

but did u just say LAMORGHINI COUNTACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

in BOLGODA ??????!!!!!!!!!!

when did this come to the country - has it ever been on the road????

Pictures PLEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeASE :)

aaah if its - 15 "sri" 15 then thats a 2nd generation Lotus Esprit in Red with beige leather interior & a thin gold stripe running along é body....

I know of a certian guy who claims to have a large collection of classics and vintages. But of course most of them are kept in his yard somewhere in Ekala. He claims to have many exotics and his car count is nearer to 200 inclusive of motorbikes. Its a new craze that he has got now (Motorbikes), saw him in a 9 sri 1000cc in line 6cylinder honda bike, man with him on board it was huge (him being a fat fellow as well :)).

There is also an old guy living in gampaha area that I know of who has a rare collection of Land Rovers. Well most of them are not in running order but he has them all in his garden and house (even his kitchen has land Rovers it seems - luckily the wife is an understanding type. He has even got an armored land Rover series vehicle (ex military type)

Fast car - é link doesnt work né :( but checked é one u jus mentioned...

lotsa classics - but someone should maintain a registry of Exotics or local supercars of sorts né!! :D

AL perhaps?? ;)

@Gummybr - machan i thought é Dodge Tomahawk was special but it looks like é Japs got in on é big engined bike scene a long long while back given é 9sri no!

OMG - please dont tell me this guy has a Pink Panther or anything???!!?? :blink:

i waaaant :D

here why dont u'll try approach him n get a few to display? :)

Fast car - é link doesnt work né :( but checked é one u jus mentioned...

lotsa classics - but someone should maintain a registry of Exotics or local supercars of sorts né!! :D

AL perhaps?? ;)

@Gummybr - machan i thought é Dodge Tomahawk was special but it looks like é Japs got in on é big engined bike scene a long long while back given é 9sri no!

OMG - please dont tell me this guy has a Pink Panther or anything???!!?? :blink:

i waaaant :D

here why dont u'll try approach him n get a few to display? :)

Well machang he's been into old bikes scene, apparantly this one is the one and only in the country and it was restored to running condition recently.

About the other guy, not a pink panther but a whole load of old series model including forward controls. But machang they are not in tin top condition as far as I know. You can check with your friend working with me and he'll tell you all about him. Recentyly they have gone to Tissa and his old series 3 5 door in shabby condition had kept with the newer vehicles doing more than 90 kmph. he is anyway a regular visitor to office.

To my knowlage Rilley Wanigasekera Has close to 80 classics and a few vintage bikes to

I have seen some of them and most are in truly pathetic condition. I would find it hard to call that a real desirable collection.

Mr. Freddie Alles has a great collection including a gorgeous Alfa Giulia GTV 1750, E-type Jag, Rolls, Citroen DS and 2CV, Daimlers, Mercs, Fiats, and lots more.

There is another collector called Piero who has a huge collection but again not all are in proper condition. But he has a Aston DB2!!!!

I guess Mr ARE De Silva has the best vintage/classic collection.Two of his cars are the only surviving examples in the world.Most of his cars are kept as secret machines and only VCOC members were shown.He got Rare Merc,Caddy,Lincoln,Alwis and the oldest roadworthy bus of SL

My top 10

K Jayawardhane( Best Merc collection)

Hatim Akbarally

Asgi Akbarally

Yakoob Bin Ahamed

Mahesh Mallawarachchi

Freddy Alles

Sidath fernando

Nigel Austin

Wipulajayantha Wanniarachchi

Uncle Bri

MINIACE

I guess Mr ARE De Silva has the best vintage/classic collection.Two of his cars are the only surviving examples in the world.Most of his cars are kept as secret machines and only VCOC members were shown.He got Rare Merc,Caddy,Lincoln,Alwis and the oldest roadworthy bus of SL

My top 10

Hatim Akbarally

Asgi Akbarally

Yakoob Bin Ahamed

Mahesh Mallawarachchi

Freddy Alles

Sidath fernando

Nigel Austin

Uncle Bri

MINIACE

SUPER LIST MINI.

I think you are very very Accurate.

Edited by Velocity

My top 10

Hatim Akbarally

Asgi Akbarally

Yakoob Bin Ahamed

Mahesh Mallawarachchi

Freddy Alles

Sidath fernando

Nigel Austin

Uncle Bri

MINIACE

Good list, just curious what are two models of surving examples? got any pics?

I have seen some of them and most are in truly pathetic condition. I would find it hard to call that a real desirable collection.

Mr. Freddie Alles has a great collection including a gorgeous Alfa Giulia GTV 1750, E-type Jag, Rolls, Citroen DS and 2CV, Daimlers, Mercs, Fiats, and lots more.

There is another collector called Piero who has a huge collection but again not all are in proper condition. But he has a Aston DB2!!!!

I agree with GTAm Riley's cars are all in a very very sad condition. the ones in peradeniya by the side of the road are a disgrace really. They have a lot of cars yes but they are just not being looked after well or restored.

My top 10

Hatim Akbarally

Asgi Akbarally

Yakoob Bin Ahamed

Mahesh Mallawarachchi

Freddy Alles

Sidath fernando

Nigel Austin

Uncle Bri

MINIACE

Hey miniace Nigel Austin's cars. as far as i know he only has a few cars neda? healey 3000 , some american convertable car

Should someone mention Mr. Clive de silva's cars. He has a gorgeous Jaguar SS100 the only one in SL and quite a few Triumph TR's and a lot more

Dhanuka got some cool cars Skyline GTR, Merc, masarati and some Bikes

Ckeck out his Hi5 profile for pics http://www.hi5.com//friend/profile/display...47743&pic=2

hey i think he's added TWO BMW 760IL's to that collection cuz i saw to paked one behind é other in the MGMR tower car park this afternoon

:)

& didnt é Masser get condemed? :(

Nigel Austin's cars. as far as i know he only has a few cars neda? healey 3000 , some american convertable car

...mmm...that which ur reffering to happens to be a "PLYMOUTH BARACUDA" n a stunning specimen at that!!

dunno é full extent of é collection but there's a Caddy in there somewhere ,which is alledged to have been shipped all é way to é states for restoration n then brought back!! :o

...after much of my childish whining Sanjeev politely agreed to let moi have a peek at é collection :) ...must remind him abt that!....cant wait! :D

...& how much to u recon that Aston is worth?? :huh:

Well machang he's been into old bikes scene, apparantly this one is the one and only in the country and it was restored to running condition recently.

About the other guy, not a pink panther but a whole load of old series model including forward controls. But machang they are not in tin top condition as far as I know. You can check with your friend working with me and he'll tell you all about him. Recentyly they have gone to Tissa and his old series 3 5 door in shabby condition had kept with the newer vehicles doing more than 90 kmph. he is anyway a regular visitor to office.

i though Osanda had é only 101 in é island? :blink: ...i'm jus thinking how cool ( & uttler daft n impractical) it would be to have a Forward Controls in me drive... :D

Gangaramaya temple of Colombo has a good collection of oldies but not all cars are in better health!

MINIACE

speaking of é temple - i noticed that é Datsun/Nissan 240/260Z which was lying inside had been moved - it was brought to my attention that é car has been repaired and is now running around town!!! :)

its even got an A/C fitted lu!! good to hear yet another classic of sorts is back on é road! :lol:

hey i think he's added TWO BMW 760IL's to that collection cuz i saw to paked one behind é other in the MGMR tower car park this afternoon

:)

& didnt é Masser get condemed? :(

...mmm...that which ur reffering to happens to be a "PLYMOUTH BARACUDA" n a stunning specimen at that!!

dunno é full extent of é collection but there's a Caddy in there somewhere ,which is alledged to have been shipped all é way to é states for restoration n then brought back!! :o

aaah yes devinda i remember now the Baracuda. there are only two in sri lanka and the other one is with Mr. Ranjith Paige. Yes i remember the cadilac it had cost someting liek $50K to restore in america. some people say that he sent the car and got anotherone down instead one which was in mint condition...