• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover 101 (forward Control)

lakshank

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hola...whats the point of driving same old japanese cars everyday. you need to get some real experience man...he he...

truth is machan i am a land rover fan..have 2 defenders..101 is the next target.

thanks guys

hola...whats the point of driving same old japanese cars everyday. you need to get some real experience man...he he...

truth is machan i am a land rover fan..have 2 defenders..101 is the next target.

thanks guys

Wow, As long as you are geared up for the maintanace it will be fine. A 101 looks more like a lorry(no offence), usualy people collect cars which are managable. Hope you got enough space for this. Anyway did you find the correct pricing?

I know hola..its more like a lorry..thats why iam mad at it.. pricing is not so healthy..lol.. they ask ** lakhs for some skelton of a 101...h ehe infact no engine...my fear is the availability of parts....have to re-think before falling into this...should consult Indika as soon as i land in sri lanka.

it'll be an interesting rebuild even for Indika :)

hmmm but parts are knon to be an issue - best option is to try sourcing ex-MOD stocks with Cradocks or try haunting é Sodbury sortout! :)

i dont mean to pry, but how much was é asking for that 101 machan? & is it a radio body or a SIIa/b ?? :huh:

I know hola..its more like a lorry..thats why iam mad at it.. pricing is not so healthy..lol.. they ask ** lakhs for some skelton of a 101...h ehe infact no engine...my fear is the availability of parts....have to re-think before falling into this...should consult Indika as soon as i land in sri lanka.

Yeah, parts wil be an issue. And with countire's situ where they stop vehicles like these you will have to have your NIC pined to your shirt

5.5 for the skelton. what makes it more sad is that only a person who knows a 101 can identify it. even my father asked me why you want this LD lorry.. he has thought this is a variation of a "wanduru moona" lorry...i was heart broken..lol

5.5 for the skelton. what makes it more sad is that only a person who knows a 101 can identify it. even my father asked me why you want this LD lorry.. he has thought this is a variation of a "wanduru moona" lorry...i was heart broken..lol

no wonder, even i couldnt beleive its a LR untill Dev malli told me. Whats your plannow? If you want to go for it - Just do it

Land Rover fever is a deadly disease :D

quite contageous too :lol:

hadunoth sorry thamai - ayeth nothing but Land Rover - mona kattak kaawath Land Rover "fit" eka wena waahanékin ganda thiyaa hithanna wath baa! :)

keep us Land rover fans updated Lakshan - it would be a real pleasure to see another 101 hitting é Lankan Roads!

whats é engine ur gonna put into it?

i thought of putting a 200 tdi with a R380 gearbox. 300Tdi needs much attention and maintenance. thinking of a coil spring upgrade too. U r 100 % right devinda...hedunoth sorry ma thamai...u can never get that pleasure of driving from anyother vehicle, i will surely keep you guys updated...

thanks

thanks guys

Now aren’t u the lucky dude---- can agree on the experience man- I'm mainly a car fan but kind of loved the experience I had in Thissamarama with the LR

Love to own 1 but my budget is really pathetic compared to the prices they quote- have an issue with the space too as my legs are kind of long but saw some modified seats on some 110 & 90's though the elbow iss hitting the driver side window is a bit annoying but definitely passable

Good luck on the hunt

• 5 months later...
hi everyone.

thank you very much for the information. i will definetely go for a 101. i have a "kota uda" one in my list. but having seen the thusharas photo i thought of changing my mind. machan,,where was it. can u find the place for me please.

thank you all

lakshan

Machan,

Check the pics on this page.

Pics by a foreigner. Must be around Negombo area.

Decaying Classics

More from same site

Edited by thushara_g

• 2 months later...

Finally guys! I was able to own my dream. But its not the 101 Forward control. its the much bigger 109 forward control with the ENV axels. According to the Land rover club president there are 14 Forward control in Sri lanka. I am proud to be the owner a one.

The restoration project will run for atleast a year from january 2008. I am going to turn it into a mean machine with coil sprung suspension / 300 Tdi motor / R380 gearbox / All 4 disc etc.

Will post more pics+details in due course.

fc1um4.th.jpg

Edited by lakshank

i wish someone will purchase your volvo so that you get enough money to go ahead with it!!!!!

- if its not sold yet, re-put the advertisement with the revised price.. i am sure there will be some luck!

Thanks for the encouragement Ripper.. :food-smiley-004:

I love those kinda stuff Macho...anything get your hands dirty and do something different :) In a non kinky sense of course :rolleyes:

I would also love to start a landy project... Lack knowledge of those vehicles and monetary issues keeps me away from it :)

The least we can do is cheer on a comrade :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...