• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover 101 (forward Control)

lakshank

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300 Tdi with fancooled intercooler

i can recall you wanted to convert from leaf to coil springs, how hard/easy the job was? and was it completely out sourced job to your mechanic or you provided the required expertise? having plans to convert the J44 into coil springs

@ harshan - any innovative mechanic can do it. Talking about my one will not help you coz i did it differently. cant put things out of the basket due to legal reasons. But leaf/coil conversion is widely known and done.

@devinda - I wanted to make it look different. thats why i didnt go for the military green. I will take her out for a drive in July 1st week. I will let u know. just send me ur number. I have to make sure that its falutless coz im going to use it for my big day as the wedding car :wacko:

@ harshan - any innovative mechanic can do it. Talking about my one will not help you coz i did it differently. cant put things out of the basket due to legal reasons. But leaf/coil conversion is widely known and done.

legal reasons????? did you stole someones patented idea/mechanism or something machang????

im going to use it for my big day as the wedding car :wacko:

now this is something i got to see. if you don't mind please post a pic

WOW!!!! Machang that is indeed a beauty........I'm drooling just looking at the pics.

Many congrats on a job well done. Oh and it'll make a nice going a way car too :D

no engine swap. there wasnt an engine. its a gruond up restoration. It was difficult as there were no samples to look at. Internet helped alot plus alot of innovative thinking. electrics and everything else was not that difficult. you kknow how talented our local guys are. They just need the freedom to think and work.

no engine swap. there wasnt an engine. its a gruond up restoration. It was difficult as there were no samples to look at. Internet helped alot plus alot of innovative thinking. electrics and everything else was not that difficult. you kknow how talented our local guys are. They just need the freedom to think and work.

Thanks.Thought TD electics are tricky when it comes to series swaps.Seems its not.

MINIACE

Its not that difficult. machan...We didnt do any changes to the harness. I just brought the 300 Tdi harness down from uk. So it was a direct dump of the engine and then plugged the wire harness.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i wanted it to be my going away car for my wedding day. Since its a 24 sri i had to get a lorry permit to enter colombo. on the wedding day i drove it through so many check points and eventually got stuck near the galle face army check point. ( my wedding was held at intercon). a special permit from the army was required to proceed further. i didnt have time and had to use my defender as the wedding car. Had I used it as my wedding car i wouldnt have ever thought of selling this.but now things have changed.

i wanted it to be my going away car for my wedding day. Since its a 24 sri i had to get a lorry permit to enter colombo. on the wedding day i drove it through so many check points and eventually got stuck near the galle face army check point. ( my wedding was held at intercon). a special permit from the army was required to proceed further. i didnt have time and had to use my defender as the wedding car. Had I used it as my wedding car i wouldnt have ever thought of selling this.but now things have changed.

What a shame....... :( I do understand your dissapointment, but still.......do you really really want to sell it?

I'm sure you'll have a load of fun with the new family in days to come :)

• 2 months later...