• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Survey:do U Do Interior Cleaning/detailing

Hola

Survey:Do u do interior cleaning/detailing  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a do it yourself dude or "let others do and i pay" dude

• Yes - Specify the services you do
    • No - I do almost all by myself

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any solutions to getting rid of tar stains guys?

SImonz had a special removing agent...

3M's one was waay too expensive.. :(

but if its NOT delicate paint work woudnt a dab of kerosene work? :huh: ...heard somone say it once - dunno if it'll burn é paint né? :unsure:

Any solutions to getting rid of tar stains guys?

@ miniace - what baby shampoo do ya use matcho?

Zz

Add a half a cup of keroseane to the car shampoo bucket and wash,, it works

SImonz had a special removing agent...

3M's one was waay too expensive.. :(

but if its NOT delicate paint work woudnt a dab of kerosene work? :huh: ...heard somone say it once - dunno if it'll burn é paint né? :unsure:

Okage mona delicate paint the bung? Kerosene works. Better if you can do a waxing immidiatly after washing

sure the kerosene wont bite off the paint? petroleum based solutions usually pull em off real quick.. but its the paint that is worrying me... would try baby shampoo once the car is off surgery...

Zz

machang, dont worry. when there was once a scratch mark on my car (reddish) i took it off from some brasso. Kerosene doesnt hurt the paint. These service people use it too.

Its johnsons baby shampoo.Gives a good smell too! :lol: try ones and see. For Tar its Petrol !

MINIACE

theres something my dad uses, gets rid of all da stains that da shampoo doesnt clean..its called waxco tar remover...

When I have time I do it at home. Occasionally take it to Nawala 3M centre. They give a very special treatment for my car.

I use the 3M shampoo & the wax at home. Have a liquid wax as well-so easy for a quick job, but expensive.

In my case I use 3M car shampoo which I bought for 900 bucks nevertheless I feel it's a bit too much for shampoo so I will go back to Johnsons baby shampoo. Amourall shampoo at 450 bucks is also quite reasonable.

As for tar removal I use Waxco tar remover and unlike kerosene which is known to dull the paint (removes the wax layer) it is water based so no harm. I was told that 3M adhesive remover is also very good and does not damage the paint.

As for monthly detailing sessions I wash, claybar (to remove the dirt layer), wax with Autoglym super resin polish and seal it off with a extra gloss protection sealent. this ensures my car is well protected and the water just slides off my car :)

As for scratches on plastic, its either Brasso or 3M plastic polish (I havent tried this but I have been told this is good)

Edited by hefraz

wax with Autoglym super resin polish and seal it off with a extra gloss protection sealent. this ensures my car is well protected and the water just slides off my car :)

hi... this "extra gloss protection sealent" is it form Autoglym as wel ? I've heard that Kleenpark do a thing called a paint sealent but a bot on the high side......

Yes the Sealent is also from Autoglym. A bottle will cost you 1800 but you can use it around 4 times.

In the case of K****P**k, they charge 1500 and they apply it to the car. Therefore you're better off with Autoglym sealent.

this isnt that 3M clear coat thing from Kl**n P*rk by any chance né?

...cuz that i recall was VERY expensive - but here's a question , if u use a protective film such as that , how does it affect é washing , Waxing & Polishing of é cars pain surface?

& will there be a difference in é way é paint fades between é areas which are protected ( ex: Bonnet ) & those that arent (ex: Roof) , as a result of sun exposure etc? :huh:

Thanks Memphis for the work!

Guys Memphis did some magic with Braso on my speedo dash and its now all gone. Just soak a cloth in brasso and rub it with some thrust and unwanted marks on clear plastic goes off. The dash loos brand new now

Hola!

Thanks Memphis for the work!

Guys Memphis did some magic with Braso on my speedo dash and its now all gone. Just soak a cloth in brasso and rub it with some thrust and unwanted marks on clear plastic goes off. The dash loos brand new now

Hola!

You are welcome :D ...

You are welcome :D ...

Memphy bro,ant Idea about stains on chromes due rust.This is a developing problem with my dad's Ford 103E classic.He said brasso didn't work and now planning an expensive plating project with Phoenix.Any solution for us?

MINIACE