• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Headlights

Sha7

Question

• Answers 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Peri

Do you drive a VZR? One of my buddies driving a sky250GT has had a friendly revving session with a VZR today morning.... wondering whether it was you :)

Yes I do, and no it wasn't me. I didn't drive today. Mostly use the shuttle to get to work and back.

MazadaSpeed

Hey if you find PIAA's here in SL... gimme a holler :) Don't mind upgrading my stanley H4's :)

Does anybody else know of a place in SL to buy PIAA's????

HAy Ripper

Did'nt come across any PIAA bulbs but was told by M*tor C*d% that they stock a brand called POLAG and suppose to be equally good cost about RS. 7000/- hence I think a PIAA would be in the same range if not higher

Frankly a bit too steep for me - I rather invest in something else for thecar- looking at going for some Philips cost baout 4000/- should be OK - shall post feedback

What is a revving contest anyway.. ? not familiar with the terminology :)

Neither am I. Assume its based either on RPM or noise. A VZR should win both, the noise level as the Sky, being a luxury sedan, would typically reduce the noise from that lovely VQ as much as possible ;)

OK guys lets get this straight HID lights are not so bad as some of you think they are when I read all your posts I thought I should give you some advice

I ran a hid GB (group buy) 6 months ago we imported 30 units and I fitted about 12 of them by my self in Perth so this the complete truth

*you can not compare hid kits to any kind of globes including PIAA

But if PIAA are expensive the best alternative is the MTEC Halogen HID Bulbs

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MTEC-Halogen-HID-Bu...1QQcmdZViewItem

*hids consist of 3 parts the globe, the ballast, wire harness

*hids only come in 2 types 35w and 50w

*you do not need to modify the headlight housing to use hid and specially you do not need projector lenses

*higher the k rating less the light (4500k, 6000k 8000k)

*any thing above the 6000k mark is illegal (ok you must be thinking what about those lights on s500 ,Chrysler 300 its not the globes that makes them blue its the actual projector lence they have special grooves on them (like a prism)

*when you buy a kit from you need 3 things type of globe h3 h7 h4 ,k rating 4500k 6000k and the wattage 35 or 55

*vehicles with h4 bulbs have to have a bi hid globe so they can be used for high and low beam

every hid conversion must be done with a proper alignment of the headlight housing so if you get the beam to high its not the bulbs fault that is why all head light housing have been made to be adjusted

Any car can be converted

And hid reduces the power consumption due to the use of the ballast

Ok now for the best part I might be able to supply some hid kits for less than 20000 (also I can get cheap kits around 10000-15000) these kits are called

GT HID they come with life time warranty and you get the bosch globes witch comes with 1 year warranty and some of my friends are scheduled to come to sri lanka in December so I might be able to send them this month

Here is the link for the kit

www.gthid.com

I am using 600k 35w system on my mazda3 and it’s brilliant

Any questions give me a call

sherran

Edited by OZI

ok guys....sorry for the bad selection of words on the "revving contest"

i used that to sneak pass the radars of those who would quickly jump into criticize road racing in any shape or form :)

once i got involved in a "cruelty to animals" thread and learned my lesson to avoid those rather sensitive topic here on AL with rather sensitive individuals waiting to play cyber warrior :)

the VZR and the SKY was just thrashing trying to out run the other bugger...simple as that :)

MazdaSpeed

never heard of that brand before but then again i aint no lighting expert so probably a good brand anyways :)

You get PIAA's from amazon/ebay etc for US$50 margin...with about 25 dollar on shipping...i's say you'll be busting about 8k SL on them

So if anyone's interested in POLAG from MC...and online buy of a PIAA might be a better choice

Sherran/Ozi

thanks for the info mate...trying to check the ebay page but at present it's not responding :)

will check that gthid site... don't mind spilling the dough for an HID kit for 20k SL but don't want it to be a nuisance to oncoming drivers cos we've been victimised buy lotsa a.hol*s with fancy lights not having the brain capacity to operate them :angry-smiley-048:

Plus i've heard that the ballasts etc have to be of good quality if the HID system is to last a decent time...

And about lifetime warranty....i have my doubts :)

I bought fishing tackle from Cairns that came with lifetime warranty but claiming one would be rather difficult..

one is that you have to ship the damn thing at your cost there...and then they will evaluate if it falls within the "fine print" parts of the "lifetime warranty" to make a call...

I'm ok if it'll last a few years without grief :)

You get PIAA's from amazon/ebay etc for US$50 margin...with about 25 dollar on shipping...i's say you'll be busting about 8k SL on them

So if anyone's interested in POLAG from MC...and online buy of a PIAA might be a better choice

HI ALL

any 1 out there used a brand of bulbs called MOMOCORSE ?

It's 55/60W but giving out 90/100W.... as per the guy ( Reputable place) it's suppose to be a kind of yellow effect....

Would using yellow effect increase visibility ?

Would appriciate any feedback from those who are using it - if any

Thanks in advance

HI ALL

It's 55/60W but giving out 90/100W.... as per the guy ( Reputable place) it's suppose to be a kind of yellow effect....

Thanks in advance

mate

certain yellow tones ae suppose to be better at penetrating fog/mist etc and that's why those are used on certain fog lights and even in road and construction lighting to increase visibility...

personally i don't like that color though...

and no idea about the brand you've mentioned also :(

mate

certain yellow tones ae suppose to be better at penetrating fog/mist etc and that's why those are used on certain fog lights and even in road and construction lighting to increase visibility...

personally i don't like that color though...

and no idea about the brand you've mentioned also :(

The cheaper option is to use Mojaves. Benefits of the yellow, plus it cut glare. Helps a lot when you have a low car and Leyland busses roam the streets :D

Does take some getting used to tho. And sense of color is gone. I find that its most effective where there is some ambient light tho. Better to take it off if travelling on a road with no traffic and no street lights.

HI ALL

Thanks in advance

please dont use yellow head lights and be an irritation to others on the road :) As for the Momo's- I used the normal white ones on my old Civic- worked pretty good

please dont use yellow head lights and be an irritation to others on the road :) As for the Momo's- I used the normal white ones on my old Civic- worked pretty good

Hay Pila,

Thx for the info on the MOMO’s well when I say yellow I’m not meaning the bright fog light yellow color – according to the guy it’s kind of a light yellowish light compared to the white/ blue that u see on the roads.

I’m trying to visit him in the evening and see if I can have a test first be fore I purchase them – I know what u mean- it’s exactly the reason Y I’m trying to go for a pair but can spend big bucks- fed up of jokers having their HEADS in my face – (Not including the bus drivers)

Swapping out the standard bulbs for brighter ones is usually the first thing I do. I stick with standard 100W incandescents. They're cheap and technically a drop in replacement, but because of the higher wattage replacing the relays is a good idea in the long run. It's a fairly simple procedure and can be done in less than an hour if the electrician knows what they are doing. And yes, these bulbs run very hot and any plastic in close proximity is going to suffer. This isn't an issue in my current car as the lights are "well ventilated". ;)

I believe these are technically classed as racing lamps and would not be allowed for road use in more 'civilized' countries, but I've found a solution to this...

... which I use on the morons who drive on high-beams all the time. I have them adjusted so that on low-beam they tilt downwards and illuminate around 10 metres in front of my car. They are pretty bright and more than enough to drive on and because they are tilted downwards don't cause any problems for oncoming traffic. But when some idiot comes at me with their high-beams on I light mine up until they get the message. Those things are seriously frickin' bright and useful for teaching people manners they should have learnt a long time ago.

Hay Pila,

Thx for the info on the MOMO's well when I say yellow I'm not meaning the bright fog light yellow color – according to the guy it's kind of a light yellowish light compared to the white/ blue that u see on the roads.

I'm trying to visit him in the evening and see if I can have a test first be fore I purchase them – I know what u mean- it's exactly the reason Y I'm trying to go for a pair but can spend big bucks- fed up of jokers having their HEADS in my face – (Not including the bus drivers)

cool scene man- hope things worked out. I think you would have bought them from the same place I did

Got the MOMOCorse lights and it has a bid difference to the stock's which were basic Phillips. The light is much brighter.

Although it said yellow I can hardly see a yellow - just a dull yellowish light :D

Need to adjust the lights now as they are hitting at 2 different levels - so far this should be enough to see in the dark - I don't think it'll do any good to hit back at the headlight morons but that was not my first desire - have to work on that latter....

Just got the HID conversion kit fixed, i tell you it is money well spent. It looks awsome. It's the real deal, proper xenon's!!

I have before and after pics, don't mind the orb in the pic! , Note. before, the camera doesnt even pick up the light being ON!

p1020473ie6.jpg

p1020474on8.jpg

[p1020471uq4.jpg

p1020476pn1.jpg