• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Get Rid Of Bird Poo?

Ruslan

I just parkd my car under a tree for couple of days and now the birds had bombed the hell out of it!! :angry-smiley-024: I've tried WD-40 and what not to get the damn thing out of my car but the stains wont go of the paint.. its Black paint though. any idea how to restore the finish?? :mellow: Arrrrgh!! those damn birds!!!! :action-smiley-060:

I just parkd my car under a tree for couple of days and now the birds had bombed the hell out of it!! :angry-smiley-024: I've tried WD-40 and what not to get the damn thing out of my car but the stains wont go of the paint.. its Black paint though. any idea how to restore the finish?? :mellow: Arrrrgh!! those damn birds!!!! :action-smiley-060:

Isnt WD40 a kind of lubricant? That might do more damage than good i'm assuming. You'll just have to keep washing it till it goes or take it in for a buff. If its as hard to get off as u say i doubt its bird crap though, more likely some kinda sap from the tree. Happened to me sometimes, very hard to remove at home without using abrasives that can increase paint damage. Best bet is to take it in for a full polish.

to start off with as sean d said wd40 is a multi purpose lubriant. that wouldnt help. You shouldn't let bird droppings stay on your bodywork for too long as it burns the paint due to the acidity. If i were you i would simply do a cut and polish. if you wanna do a DIY job, use some soft rubbing compound with a little bit of kerosin oil (optional), wipe off and give it about two coats of wax after. should do the job. but avoid cut and polish unless it is really necessary. a good coat of polish/wax helps the droppings wash off much quickly. but as i said before the longer you leave it the worse it gets. try avoiding parking under th air force!!

but as i said before the longer you leave it the worse it gets. try avoiding parking under th air force!!

As overdrive has said it- don’t leave bird crap for long. I understand that if u park in the morning and the last u see is during the evening to drive back home – it’s already harden due to the heat. Get some boiling water and keep pouring it – most of the bird crap goes off – gently rub it with a cloth (Mind U don’t get in contact with the water)

If all else fails – well then the rubbing compound and a polish. A regular polish will help u loads. However tree sap is dangerous – the sooner u get it off the better

Good luck

had a simillar problem... it was that beetle leaf chewin bums in buses, lorries and vans spitting the damn thing out and landing in the back of my car in it's all glory...

sorta artistic pattern but i prefer the cleaner silver metallic finish i had on in the first place :angry-smiley-048:

here's what i did...

i use 3M show car finish or something wax on my car... tried all my might but the marks wouldn't budge... so the more expensive wax was going too safe on my paint and not getting the deeply embedded marks out..

then i remember having a cheaper car cream called Cana with me that works wonders in getting tar marks off the car body... used Cana cream on the marks and with some good elbow grease...it came off :)

Stopped using Cana on normal paintwork though since it seems to be a pretty "manly" on paint :lol:

had a simillar problem... it was that beetle leaf chewin bums in buses, lorries and vans spitting the damn thing out and landing in the back of my car in it's all glory...

sorta artistic pattern but i prefer the cleaner silver metallic finish i had on in the first place :angry-smiley-048:

here's what i did...

i use 3M show car finish or something wax on my car... tried all my might but the marks wouldn't budge... so the more expensive wax was going too safe on my paint and not getting the deeply embedded marks out..

then i remember having a cheaper car cream called Cana with me that works wonders in getting tar marks off the car body... used Cana cream on the marks and with some good elbow grease...it came off :)

Stopped using Cana on normal paintwork though since it seems to be a pretty "manly" on paint :lol:

I think bird crap on dark paint is worser than the white ones. finally i tried with regular car shampoo and let it soaked for sometime and rub it off. (God this damn thing like cement!!!) and it works for a certain extent. but still theres a small patch but it's hard to notice it. anyway I'm putting my car to kleen park for a full detail end of the month. hope they'll take care of it. :rolleyes:

I think bird crap on dark paint is worser than the white ones. finally i tried with regular car shampoo and let it soaked for sometime and rub it off. (God this damn thing like cement!!!) and it works for a certain extent. but still theres a small patch but it's hard to notice it. anyway I'm putting my car to kleen park for a full detail end of the month. hope they'll take care of it. :rolleyes:

I hear you and feel it too. I'm hoping the Meguires will help me out without having to do a cut and polish. If it doesn't options look kinda slim.

I hear you and feel it too. I'm hoping the Meguires will help me out without having to do a cut and polish. If it doesn't options look kinda slim.

Peri,

do u know a place to buy Meguire Car wax?? i was looking for this and couldn't find anywhere :unsure: and i herd it was one of the best :jumping-smiley-013: is it carnuba type or just synthetic? herd Carnuba type wax are the best for Dark colors.

Peri,

do u know a place to buy Meguire Car wax?? i was looking for this and couldn't find anywhere :unsure: and i herd it was one of the best :jumping-smiley-013: is it carnuba type or just synthetic? herd Carnuba type wax are the best for Dark colors.

Everyones favourite one stop shop, Motorcade, is the place to look, or so I've heard. Haven't been able to go see myself yet. It's on my to-do list :)

Everyones favourite one stop shop, Motorcade, is the place to look, or so I've heard. Haven't been able to go see myself yet. It's on my to-do list :)

Last time I checked they were short of stocks.Especially the famous wax.Other Meguire products were there.

MINIACE

ok...question....

given the choice of parking under a tree, where it will be in the shade all day, with the potential of being bombed the shit out...and an option of parking out in the scorching sun, with obvious impact on the paint, what is the better option...?

especially if this is a decision you need to make daily?...

ok...question....

given the choice of parking under a tree, where it will be in the shade all day, with the potential of being bombed the shit out...and an option of parking out in the scorching sun, with obvious impact on the paint, what is the better option...?

Traveling by bus to work?? <_<

ok...question....

I know it’s a bit hassle…but wot about the option of using a Car Cover ?

I know it’s a bit hassle…but wot about the option of using a Car Cover ?

Is it ok to put a car cover with dust? and doesn't it cause more problems using it in Scorching heat?

Edited by Ruslan

Just put my car for a full detail at Klee* Par* yesterday. all swirl marks, Bird patches gone... now I'm a happy man :jumping-smiley-013: thanks for the tips and hints. it really worked!..

if you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge now for a medium sized car? i haven't been there in a while but the last time i did they did a pretty good job...

ok...question....

i'd park under the tree... the possibility of being bombarded with sh*t doesn't necessarily mean you will to a massive scale... park in the sun and you'll have far more than just your paint packing up...

if you don't mind me asking, how much do they charge now for a medium sized car? i haven't been there in a while but the last time i did they did a pretty good job...

i'd park under the tree... the possibility of being bombarded with sh*t doesn't necessarily mean you will to a massive scale... park in the sun and you'll have far more than just your paint packing up...

it was 5500/- for my Corolla. they have done a damn good job. I've done this at Nawinna Klee* par* (They've recently opened a branch at Nawinna near phoenix showroom..) for best results I've covered up my car with a Carnauba wax at home. it gives good results over the paint sealants that they put on. now it's sparkling. :jumping-smiley-013:

What products do CleanP use? 3M? And do they accept outside products being brought in? How much would it then cost?

I think they're using 3M stuff. but not sure. cos i wasn't around when they were doing the job. i don't think they'll allow outside products. but not sure either.