• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sharing Bad Experience

corollahv

I recently had a little accident and broke a mirror and had few scratches on my Corolla 121 car.

So according to the list of my Insurence company, I handed over the repair to Mr. Pxxxt.

As Mr. Pxxxt. requested, I purchased a good recondition mirror and gave to Mr. xxx for replacement.

But when I receive the car from Mr. xxxxx I saw the new mirror was again broken on the neck and gummed, and I asked for a replacement.

Mr.xxxxx accepted the fault and repaired the mirror by a kind of fibre molding so that it apeared as if unbroken.

When I was reluctent to accept it, they promissed me whatever happens to the neck, they would replace the mirror without any complaint.

So, I did not want to make troble to workers, and accepted with that promise.

After few weeks I had another little scratch on the buffer on the other side of the car, and with the built on trust I agin went to Mr. Pxxxt for repair.

They finished repair well and handed over the car. And I had a long drive from Colombo to Kurunagala in that evening.

After I went to Kurunagala I noticed that one of my headlights were not working, I found that headlight power had not been connected after reassembly.

So I was quite angry because I had travelled around 11/2 hours without one light.

I did not expect that kind of ignorence from a reputed company and I gave a call to comments number which apeared on the invoice, and complained,

"You are working like this .. and please improve in future, anyway I will not come again .."

After few weeks I parked my car on a very secured place in a company and went for a meeting. When I came back, the repired mirror was broken by neck exactly same point it was repired and gum applied was clearly visible in the crack. So I immediately informed Mr. xxxxx and went there very next day. But they were then very different people then.

"They told me .. We do not want to repare your accident damages .. " and GM self started a bitter argument with me. So I told him as a decent company I needed only a stright forward answer but no arguments. Anyway he continued arguing in loud voice. Actualy for my it was more than the price of the Mirror.

So there I did not find any difference of them to .... Very poor people than normal mechanics.

After that I tried to get the assitence of Consumer Affairs, but they explained, without written proof of break, It cannot be legaly continued, only negotiation with their assistence can be done.

What I had to do was, immediately contact Consumer Affairs when Mr. xxxxx break my mirror and get the replacement before accepting the car.

Anyway I'll keep this as a lesson when working with people. Only for sharing the experience please.

Its good that you shared this - its worth knowing what kinda people we have to deal with out there...

Most people would have just given up - but i'm glad that you checked that the protocols were with the Consumer affairs authority - now at least those reading this will have an idea of how things can be handled...

I recently had a little accident and broke a mirror and had few scratches on my Corolla 121 car.

So according to the list of my Insurence company, I handed over the repair to Mr. Pxxxt.

As Mr. Pxxxt. requested, I purchased a good recondition mirror and gave to Mr. xxx for replacement.

But when I receive the car from Mr. xxxxx I saw the new mirror was again broken on the neck and gummed, and I asked for a replacement.

Mr.xxxxx accepted the fault and repaired the mirror by a kind of fibre molding so that it apeared as if unbroken.

When I was reluctent to accept it, they promissed me whatever happens to the neck, they would replace the mirror without any complaint.

After few weeks I had another little scratch on the buffer on the other side of the car, and with the built on trust I agin went to Mr. Pxxxt for repair.

They finished repair well and handed over the car. And I had a long drive from Colombo to Kurunagala in that evening.

After I went to Kurunagala I noticed that one of my headlights were not working, I found that headlight power had not been connected after reassembly.

So I was quite angry because I had travelled around 11/2 hours without one light.

I did not expect that kind of ignorence from a reputed company and I gave a call to comments number which apeared on the invoice, and complained,

"You are working like this .. and please improve in future, anyway I will not come again .."

After few weeks I parked my car on a very secured place in a company and went for a meeting. When I came back, the repired mirror was broken by neck exactly same point it was repired and gum applied was clearly visible in the crack. So I immediately informed Mr. xxxxx and went there very next day. But they were then very different people then.

"They told me .. We do not want to repare your accident damages .. " and GM self started a bitter argument with me. So I told him as a decent company I needed only a stright forward answer but no arguments. Anyway he continued arguing in loud voice. Actualy for my it was more than the price of the Mirror.

So there I did not find any difference of them to .... Very poor people than normal mechanics.

After that I tried to get the assitence of Consumer Affairs, but they explained, without written proof of break, It cannot be legaly continued, only negotiation with their assistence can be done.

What I had to do was, immediately contact Consumer Affairs when Mr. xxxxx break my mirror and get the replacement before accepting the car.

Anyway I'll keep this as a lesson when working with people. Only for sharing the experience please.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us (and welcome to the forum !). I guess the lesson to be learned is whatever assurance you get from a company, you should always always get it in writing.

damn that sucks... i think even insurers themselves should keep some QC on their list of approved repair joints...

To be honest with you sir...i personally would have never accepted the car with a busted and glued mirror in the first place...

that was one point where you can actually stomp you foot down and demand it to be rectified and you should have.

One thing i have learned in SL is that honesty and self respect is something you can rarely expect from another person... So we should always do our best not to be victimized but these dishonest blokes...

And if you don't stand up and fight even at the cost of arguments or whatever...that fellow will go and do the same to another person <_<

can you give me the no to the consumer affairs authority.. i have some questions for them

also regarding mr. p###t, don't give up on it. right to the higher ups. you don't lose anything other than to try. more than likely you will have someone call you and the in the least, the manager that yelled at your will be reprimanded.

Thanks for sharing the information. It shows even the big fancy places are all after the money and they don't care about what they do afterwards...When I was at home I had several bad experiences like this... All this big places (M*G C**Y etc:) rip our money.... We should atleast in this forum inform fellow vehicles owners about dirty scams these people do...

/bigDaddy

I had a bad experience. I took my car for a service in London to a Sri Lankan garage by recommendation. so the car was serviced, no issues and while reversing the car off the ramp by the owner the front left wheel fell off the metal track and broke my front lip. so he tried to get a lip through the agents but it wasn’t available as it was a limited edition or the agent didn’t do that part or whatever. so he said let me fibre it and it will look as good as new, so i said ok, cool as long as the job gets done I’m cool with it. so a couple of days later he had the lip ready but he hadn’t fibred it but just stuck it together with cateloid/putty like substance from the inside of the lip, and then painted the exterior bit. I have seen my fair bit of fibre work done in SL and knew this was not going to hold, as he hadn’t used fibre at all. as and as expected the thing gave way as he was fixing it bearing in mind here is a fair bit of pressured used to install it. so by this time was pissed! and then he said i can order one through eBay (after market not original and a bit different as well) and he will pay for it. at this point i said the eBay one comes in paintable black, then he was like ah black might look good and add a bit of character to the car, so i said lets see, if it looks funny paint it. when i brought it over to him was like i will pay you for it but i cant paint it, it will cost me another £50-, i was like ''F**k off mate'', ''when i came to your stupid garage i came with a complete car and now you want me to go back with a two toned bumper. i said what ever the cost you need to finish the job. Then he was like, i had to spend money on fibreing the lip and paint it and that was an extra cost blah blah...after much argument (He had the audacity to say that that was not the agreement!!) we had to call up the guy who recommended me to the garage who was the joint owner as well and he told the other guy after much deliberation to finish the job off as its their fault. I must have done about 4 trips to that stupid garage and was one unhappy, bitter customer. If it wasn’t for that guy i knew i would have knocked that buggers teeth off, uhh!! should have known eh, u try to help the fellow Sri Lankan's out and they try to **** you up!!!!

man what i realised by that expeirence was always be 100% clear about things, and if you can get it in writting!! you can never be too careful these days. Always be assertive.

Thank for sharing your experience, I was thought of considering Mr. XXXX for my car's minor damages. It seems it’s better to stick with my old insurance garage (janaxxxx Insurance) even though they are quite expensive.

Go for kl** P** people. so far i didn't had any probs with them they have done a good job for my car. but anyone welcome for further comments.

Thanks for sharing information & exposing the underneath of these fancy places. And, discussing these things in public may force these people to at least get corrected themselves to keep up with their business.

Eventhough I've never gone for Mr.Pxxxx & MxxCxty, I've heard these sort of bad experiences from few collegues.

So, it seems it's better to find a good mechanic & a painter from outside, but again it would be much more challenging. The truth behind

all these stories are the attitudes & decipline that most of the Sri Lankans have inherited (unfortunately) :action-smiley-060:

Firstly I’m truly sad to hear of this unfortunate incident that happened to you. A BIG thank you for letting fellow motorists know about your experience.

I think it’s fair that we allow names to be put as it’s for the good of all motorists… Every one is trying to take the public/consumers for a RIGHT ROYAL RIDE starting from the top buffoons in the parliament….

I don’t know about other but I shall be spreading the word ….. I’ve simply had enough

Great of U to go through all the trouble and protocols but as we all know it’s all a load of BS and waste of time but some 1 has gone through the process…..I for 1 salute u for going through the process….

I think what you should do is log an official complaint to the Insurance company for recommending such untrustful place, Written complaint to the consumer affairs authority. Send an e-mail to everybody that you know. If possible letters to the editor in your daily paper.

Attach all of these proof to the highest ranked in that company and let him realize that what can a word of mouth could do to the reputation of the company. :angry-smiley-024:

thank you soo much to post your exprience. we also take this as a good lesson. here is the detail to contact

Compliance & Enforcement.................

Director Mrs S D K Tissera_______________

Consumer Affairs Authority,

1st & 2nd Flr CWE Secretariat Bldg 27 Vauxhall St

Colombo 02

Tel 0112393970

Edited by Nilantha

Totally i agree with you. Still better to go for the agent and you may get a some sort of assurance.

(Acutually my car (HONDA)agent is very trust worthy as far as the service is concerned)

I had a bad experience. I took my car for a service in London to a Sri Lankan garage by recommendation. so the car was serviced, no issues and while reversing the car off the ramp by the owner the front left wheel fell off the metal track and broke my front lip. so he tried to get a lip through the agents but it wasn’t available as it was a limited edition or the agent didn’t do that part or whatever. so he said let me fibre it and it will look as good as new, so i said ok, cool as long as the job gets done I’m cool with it. so a couple of days later he had the lip ready but he hadn’t fibred it but just stuck it together with cateloid/putty like substance from the inside of the lip, and then painted the exterior bit. I have seen my fair bit of fibre work done in SL and knew this was not going to hold, as he hadn’t used fibre at all. as and as expected the thing gave way as he was fixing it bearing in mind here is a fair bit of pressured used to install it. so by this time was pissed! and then he said i can order one through eBay (after market not original and a bit different as well) and he will pay for it. at this point i said the eBay one comes in paintable black, then he was like ah black might look good and add a bit of character to the car, so i said lets see, if it looks funny paint it. when i brought it over to him was like i will pay you for it but i cant paint it, it will cost me another £50-, i was like ''F**k off mate'', ''when i came to your stupid garage i came with a complete car and now you want me to go back with a two toned bumper. i said what ever the cost you need to finish the job. Then he was like, i had to spend money on fibreing the lip and paint it and that was an extra cost blah blah...after much argument (He had the audacity to say that that was not the agreement!!) we had to call up the guy who recommended me to the garage who was the joint owner as well and he told the other guy after much deliberation to finish the job off as its their fault. I must have done about 4 trips to that stupid garage and was one unhappy, bitter customer. If it wasn’t for that guy i knew i would have knocked that buggers teeth off, uhh!! should have known eh, u try to help the fellow Sri Lankan's out and they try to **** you up!!!!

man what i realised by that expeirence was always be 100% clear about things, and if you can get it in writting!! you can never be too careful these days. Always be assertive.

Tell me about it mate !. I tend to stay away from the Lankan places for exactly the above reasons. They sometimes forget which country they are operating in. Back at home people try scare tactics and just try to shout you down and I agree with you that you should always be assertive and stand your ground. I mean quite honestly glitzy places which look like reputable businesses in SL just rip people off !.

I tend to stick to people I know for my work as though they might not be the best in the industry, the known devil is at times better than the unknown saint !.

I took my car to Toyota Lanka for a tuneup + to check the suspension since there was some noise coming from it. They took nearly 5 hrs for the tuneup!!! Also, they were unable to find the source of the noise from the suspension. A serious looking guy said that the shocks etc. will have to be removed and checked, and they did not have time to do that on that day (this was after I had waited for 5hrs).

After the tuneup, I came back to office and parked my car. At about 930PM, I wanted to leave for home, so I got into the car and turned the ignition on... all the electric stuff went off!!! I got worried and opened up the bonnet expecting something serious. Then I noticed that the battery terminal has not been tightened. I had to call up a friend and get a spanner to tighten it, before I could go home. You never expect this sort of negligence from reputed companies.

Regarding the suspension sound, the next day, I took the car to my regular mechanic(baas). He was able to diagnose the problem within a few minutes: a worn out bush. The highly technical & serious looking Toyota guys could not figure this out and were planning to take apart the suspension to find out the fault!!!

So I have lost faith in them, and will never go there for repairs. They screw things up despite charging exorbitant amounts.

I took my car to Toyota Lanka for a tuneup + to check the suspension since there was some noise coming from it. They took nearly 5 hrs for the tuneup!!! Also, they were unable to find the source of the noise from the suspension. A serious looking guy said that the shocks etc. will have to be removed and checked, and they did not have time to do that on that day (this was after I had waited for 5hrs).

After the tuneup, I came back to office and parked my car. At about 930PM, I wanted to leave for home, so I got into the car and turned the ignition on... all the electric stuff went off!!! I got worried and opened up the bonnet expecting something serious. Then I noticed that the battery terminal has not been tightened. I had to call up a friend and get a spanner to tighten it, before I could go home. You never expect this sort of negligence from reputed companies.

Regarding the suspension sound, the next day, I took the car to my regular mechanic(baas). He was able to diagnose the problem within a few minutes: a worn out bush. The highly technical & serious looking Toyota guys could not figure this out and were planning to take apart the suspension to find out the fault!!!

So I have lost faith in them, and will never go there for repairs. They screw things up despite charging exorbitant amounts.

Proves there is no replacement for years of experience :) Some of these so called reputed places have very inexperienced technicians working for them.

Toyota Lanka mechanics are not logical troubleshooters. They do trial and error. One year ago, I took my 121 (same car) to correct an acceleration issue (It was not accelerating well, until engine heated up) , what they repetitively did was "keeping car till it cooled down and start, observe" again and again. Every time it took morethan half an hour to cool down. Until evening, they could not find the issue and were doing samething. Finally around five, I took the car out. Got a stain spot on the seat, thats all.

If this happend to you at local agent in this case ( Toyta lanka) the best thing is to complain about it to the mother company in Japan..since if they get couple of complaints from the customers about the same place they might look in to it..because they dont want to ruin their good name..( i think) :rolleyes: but when we make complaints we have to go with the exact names times and everything( so that we have evidance).. we should not tolarate these things because if we do this will keep on happening..we have to start this today..so atleast the future genaration of this country will get the benifit (atleast).People should stick together and rais thier voice..and i think it would be better if we can list out a good set of placese to do these repairs atleast for the AL members.( based on members exp,qulity of work,time spent on the repair and stuff) :)

theres lot of complains on this mr Pxx guy.. 2-3 mnts back they painted a honda whn it come out the bonet n a fender paint was mixed with sand n they hav put the laquer on top of it..customixes sand chiped paint ha ha

Spraymech is not THE best place either...

I had put my car for painting (front bumper and fender) when I spoke to the owner and asked him if he could match the original color, and finish. he's reply was "we always do a 100% match... guaranteed.. as we spray in a booth with oven bake etc"

The next day I happen to be around the place and went to inspect the job, and for my amusement, they were painting my car at the rear of the workshop under a canvas tent..!

The was NO oven baking bullshit either. the color was much different to the original and there were drip marks.

After complaining, they agreed to paint it again, but the second time was no better..! I gave on them and got it done a small garage owned by a friend, and he did a 99% color match.